Paper and or Kit Suggestion

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bbymks5, Sep 15, 2017.

1. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

bbymks5 likes this.
  3. bbymks5

Oh boo!! Let me try this again LOL

Window.jpg

cfile likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That is a cool and interesting picture! I love the different colors... Can you share more about it! Right now, without knowing, I think I would look at fall kits. Jaimee's Hello Autumn would work perfectly for coloring. :)

bbymks5 and GwenCreative like this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

You need to use Harry Potter kits .. Wizardy by Kate Hadfield or Some by Dawn Inskip or the collab by LBW and ETC Danyale.. looks like the hole from the Leaky Cauldron to DIagon Alley!!

bbymks5 likes this.
  6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

that was my first thought...that photo needs to be BIG and take the whole page cause it is AWesome!!! wow! and the mask on it is perfect too!

jk703 and bbymks5 like this.
  7. bbymks5

@jk703 Thank you!! It's not the best photo when it comes to lighting, but it's one of my favorites from that day.

Wupatki National Monument is in the Painted Desert near Flagstaff and just outside Sunset Crater. Wupatki means "Tall House" in the Hopi language. There were several different Native American Indian tribes who inhabited the dwelling from 500 A.D. until about 1225.

The problem I'm running across with background papers is they seem to color shift the photo if that makes sense...browns bring out the red, and reds bring out the brown...I don't know if I'm being too picky, but nothing seems to blend seamlessly?

8. bbymks5

Hangs head in MAJOR shame...I haven't cracked a Harry Potter book open ever, or watched any of the movies
    *runs and hides*
    I know the horrors!! I've wanted to, just never made the time...that sounds so bad!!

I will have to check these kits out for sure!!

Thank you!! I used one of Lynn Grieveson's Added Interest Brushes and Masks! Love that set!! It has 5 different ones to chose from and the hard work is done!! Oh yeah!!

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

ahhh if you haven't cracked open a Harry Potter book or watched a movie then go with all the other kits and forget I mentioned those LOL! (You don't have to hang your head EVER Timmi.. It just isn't your thing :) Hugs :)

bbymks5 likes this.
  10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm thinking of a big photo across the layout. Clip or blend that into a white textured paper. (PRD has a nice pack) Then you could use a gradient blend for pattern papers from the bottom, and then the same on the top. A simple tag or element cluster to set it all off.

Kinda like a combo of these:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I want to see that - sounds so cool!

bbymks5 likes this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Instead of trying brown or red, what about a green paper? There's a pretty mint paper or the solid sage that might work in this:
    [​IMG]
    Then you don't have to worry about the paper "leeching" color from the photo. Otherwise, if it's big enough, make it the background of your page, like others have said. It'd be gorgeous just on its own, really! Or the background could be a creamy leather or suede...not that I know any kits with papers like that. *blush*

bbymks5 likes this.
  12. bbymks5

I'm really thinking hubby will have to create an account so I can get the I Solemnly Swear bundle! I'm really thinking if I can blend the reddish color paper and one of the browns together I might get the perfect color for the background!

cfile likes this.
  13. bbymks5

Ohhhh!! l LOVE these!! I wonder if I have the PRD pack...I'll have to look!

I didn't think about a trying greens or an opposite color! I even have this kit LOL!!

Tree City likes this.
  14. bbymks5

@Tree City here's what it looks like with green Window2.jpg

cfile likes this.
  15. bbymks5

@Tree City I guess it would help to load all of them LOL

16. bbymks5

17. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh, I like the light mint--the top pic in the post above, but I also like the darkest green. It really draws the eye "through" the wall and out to beautiful scene. Plus the painted look works with the brush/mask you used onnthr

What do YOU think? I love that kit, btw. It's one I've used lots of times. Glad you already had it!

bbymks5 likes this.
  18. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

What about matching the blue to bring out that sky?

bbymks5 likes this.
  19. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Speaking of Lynn Grieveson, I thought of these papers of hers. The colors might work and the textures are marvelous. upload_2017-9-15_17-22-36.jpeg

bbymks5 and Tree City like this.
  20. bbymks5

I liked the sames you do! The darker one kind of reminds me of turquoise, even though it's totally the wrong shade to be turquoise LOL!!

I love that kit too!! I love the naturey feel it has!

I didn't think of blue either!! I can have such a one track mind! I love the colors and texture to those papers!!