Oh my, Just Jaimee's April kit!

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by KatrinaHunt13, Mar 28, 2016.

1. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

It prints and cuts like a dream! I happened to have Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte in letter size, so I used it. And then I ended up ordering more paper in 13x19 and 8.5x11 because it printed so well and cut so well.

I got a deal on Amazon for about 29.00 for the 13x19 pack. I will definitely be watching for sales.

I did a design team (paper) project and used the April Storyteller kit. I loved it so much I signed up for a 3 month sub.

I am sunk into hybrid for sure now! I haven't been this excited about scrapping in a long time!

aballen, justjaimee and IntenseMagic like this.
  2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

there is nothing like reigniting the creativity! YOU are ON FIRE!!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  3. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

So glad you are enjoying your new goodies! I LOVE this month's kits and rushed to Print & Cut the planner sticker sheets with my Silhouette pretty much as soon as I downloaded it. :)

I would love to hear more about your hybrid process sometime. Do you design your layouts first then print just what you need, or do you print out lots of things and then just see what you use as you scrap?

I often wish I could convert all of my paper stash to digi and just store it on an EHD instead of the two Expedit shelves that I have now!

KatrinaHunt13 likes this.
  4. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Right now I am trying to figure out a process! I have put the papers into the Cameo software and then I am printing from there. I have done it a couple of different ways, trying to figure out how to conserve ink and paper! On the Hello layout I did, I actually put two patterns on the 8.5x11 sheet and printed that all at once. The black chevron, I cut and then I loaded paper in and printed just the chevron, so I wasn't wasting a ton of ink. The main thing I learned on that was to make sure if you print borderless, then cut, then go back to print, you need to make sure that the borderless is turned off in the printing.

The other way I have done it is to put the shape on my mat, fill it with the pattern and the basically print and cut. I also put 4 patterns on a 12x12 canvas and then printed out. That way I had multiple papers to work with, but didn't print an entire sheet.

The layout I did with Jaimee's kit, I printed three different patterns all at 8.5x11 and then crammed as many elements as I could on the same size and print and cut. I needed one more piece of something to make it work, so I grabbed something out of my stash.

I am probably not much help! LOL