October Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2015 Challenges' started by MandaKay, Sep 28, 2015.

1. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Greetings! MandaKay here, bringing you the October journaling challenge. This month I am challenging you to showcase some journaling that came from someone other than yourself. Maybe you show off a card or letter that you received from someone, maybe you choose a school paper that one of your kids worked hard on, or possibly you scrap and journal about a little note that someone left on the counter for you. I will leave that part up to you, but basically I want to see the other person's work, and then please journal about what it is on your page and why it meant so much to you.

Here is my example...I took a poem that my daughter did during her first week of 4th grade this year.

[​IMG]

The Fine Print Rules:
    Your page must contain at least 75% of Lilypad product. You should post your layout in this thread, as well as in the October Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked! And of course, your page should be posted in the Lilypad Gallery so we can leave lots of love!

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete all 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first six challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the seventh challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  2. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

awwww Amanda!!!! I am melting reading this, I can imagine how you felt when you read it.....gorgeous page,...I think I ve got just what I need for this :)

3. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

This is a really fun challenge idea, Amanda! I can't wait to see everyone's pages!

4. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Thank you for the challenge. It gave me a push to do something with this treasured note.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  5. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

Great idea! I have many things to document from my kids!

6. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

I have recently gotten voracious about the of reform the Criminal Justice system. For 5 weeks I worked inside a prison and yes, criminals are often not trustworthy but in America we have forgotten their humanity. Many of them are serving terms that are far too long and punitive. But some get lucky and actually get a little rehabilitation via the kindness of staff and yes, even other inmates... the result is a beautiful thing that we as a society should expect more often.

[​IMG]

7. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

8. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

9. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I hope this counts because it's pretty much the only letter or written thing I've gotten in forever.
    [​IMG]

10. LBscraps

LBscraps Well-Known Member

And my journaling challenge!

[​IMG]

11. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

12. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

13. got2digiscrap

got2digiscrap Well-Known Member

14. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I thought this was a very difficult challenge until I decided to flip through the binder my mom made me last year containing a lot of stuff I made when I was little. This is probably one of the first things I've ever made and printed out on the computer. So cute!

[​IMG]

15. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

16. Shivani

Shivani I live in an anemonemone. An amnemonemomne.

17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

this was a challenge ...to get this long paper of my daughters onto two pages..i also post the pages separately so you can read them better. thanks for the challenge...this paper has been on my hard drive since 1993..i am glad i could put it into a scrapbook page to preserve you can see each page posted separately in my gallery which i hope will allow you to read the paper

[[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  18. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

19. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

20. jenn33199

jenn33199 Just point me to the low-carb brownies!

I've been meaning to scrap my daughter's college list, so thank you for this great challenge!

[​IMG]