October Inspiration Challenge

Discussion in 'October 2017 Challenges' started by jk703, Sep 27, 2017.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi Everyone! I get to host this months Inspiration challenge, and I'm super excited! Hosting challenges get me scrapping, leaving love and seeing what people create with my idea! I love it!

This month's Inspiration Challenge was inspired by the beginning of a new season. I want you to be inspired by colors, changing colors, and the blending of colors. On your layout, I would like to see a blending of two or more colors on your background paper. You could use a piece of paper, that already blends colors, or a gradient of two papers blended together, or even a mix of papers, patterns, and a photo that have different coloring. There are so many possibilities!

I even used the gorgeous TLP DSD Blog Hop goodies. You can check that out HERE. There is SO much blended into that background... 2 Blue Patterns, 1 orange Pattern, White Wood paper, Paint, and more paint! I love the contrast!

[​IMG]

Here are some examples of how you can blend color! There really are so many different ways you can incorporate this onto your layout! I am thrilled to see what you create and what colors you will be mixing!

Mixing papers and patterns, focusing on white and yellow:
    [​IMG]

Gradient Blends, a patterned blue/white with yellow:
    [​IMG]

A three way Gradient Blend with a patterned blue, white textured and a pink solid paper:
    [​IMG]

A paper with a color blend, a blue to a silvery purple lighter blue (Not sure what to call that color!! :giggle):
    [​IMG]

A mix of colored papers blended with the photo, darks blues with oranges and pinks:
    [​IMG]

-----

As always, please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a $50 gift certificate from the Lilypad (new prize starting with the July challenges)! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    londoncuppa, Aerobigirl, Ga_L and 4 others like this.
  2. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I love working with gradients but I haven´t done it lately so THANKS for this challenge ( and reminder)!

jk703 likes this.
  3. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

thank you for the challenge, I've used this technique with papers but never with a gradient of colors. sounds to be fun

4. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

The angry black clouds and high winds we encountered on a recent vacation caused me to grab the camera and take some shots through the windshield. The winds whipped the sandy soil until there was a tan dust over everything.
    [​IMG]

Juliestcyr and Carmen R like this.
  5. Carmen R

Carmen R Member

here is my page that I did for this challenge. I love to get carried away blending layers upon layers. i blended 3 different papers together using different ovelay options and then i added blob of purple on the left and used a soft eraser to blend it int o the greens of the background
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

7. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Thanks for the challenge ♥

[​IMG]

8. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

9. KairynLisa

KairynLisa Wouldn't make it as a fighter pilot

Here's mine... this was fun!

[​IMG]

10. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

11. chigirl

chigirl Candy Corn junkie

12. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Awesome challenge! I luv blending any and all kinds of things into my background paper, always adding additional depth and beauty. I blended(using "darkened") the colorful overlays into my background paper.

Here be mine:

[​IMG]

Roboliver likes this.
  13. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

I used a brick paper and a gray one over to mimic the gray concrete stones used on the house:

[​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Here's mine. I blended 2 solid papers and the Trick or Treat patterned paper.
    [​IMG]

15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

16. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Blending backgrounds is such a great way to add something special to your layout. Thanks for reminding me!!!

[​IMG]

17. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

18. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

here's mine :
    [​IMG]

19. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

20. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!