November 2016 Challenge| 30 Days of Gratitude

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by scrapsandsass, Nov 1, 2016.

1. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Hi everyone!

“You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach

I wanted to bring a little different sort of challenge for this month in the Art Journaling forum. I'm challenging you to create a 30 Days of Gratitude album/book.

Of course you might not be able to complete all 30 days (or want to), but I hope that you will set some time aside each day to think about all of the things you can be thankful for in your life and maybe document at least some of it. I try to do this... writing down moments I'm grateful for... but sometimes I get stuck on the same things over and over. So I thought if it was broken down into categories, it might be easier to really think about all of the different facets of life. A more robust look at gratitude and how you can express it in a creative way.

Feel free to follow along when you can. Share pages with us if you want. Don't get hung up on thinking you have to do it in a certain way. Some may want to do pocket pages, some may just do lists, some may do a more traditional scrap page, some ATC and of course there is art journaling. So really, any format is good. :)

[​IMG]

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Erin (aka @mimisgirl) came up with this fabulous cover that she's going to use. Take a peek at the gorgeousness.

[​IMG]

And Lori @lcpereyra created a hybrid album (with the MPM) last year that has all sorts of eye candy in it!!! You can check out her project here on the Sahlin Studio blog.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh good. I think this will be good. I already told my Dad I was texting one thing I was grateful for each day. And trying to decide November scrapbook.

scrapsandsass likes this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@scrapsandsass I would love to see Erin's cover page and Lori's album. I guess they are hiding in plain sight.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  4. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

LOL! I was just gonna make a comment about that too!

5. cinna

LOVE the list Kimberlee! I´ve downloaded it but now I have to make the hard decision if I wanna make it digital, hybrid OR in paper....

6. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

Great idea Kimberlee, I am going to go with ATCs, something I can put together quickly and at the end of the month print them out! I will pop back tomorrow with a couple I have already done, but for now I am heading to bed! :)

scrapsandsass and klee73010 like this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Oooh, a list! lol!
    I was just thinking this morning that I was really grateful for my coffee (not the normal way, like "oooh, this coffee is good" or "I'd not make it through the day" type way--- instead, more like, I am so grateful my husband pours it for me when he does, so that it is perfectly cooled off for me to drink when I finally make it to the kitchen)

So anyway, I was thinking I should make an effort to get this done this month somewhere, whether it's just writing a list in a BuJo or in a planner, or if I actually do it in my PL app, or actual layouts. I haven't quite decided how I will do it but I love that you've made a list already for me to reference when/if my own list gets.... stale? Or repetitive... :)
    :beat:heartlub:beat:heartlub:beat:heartlub

8. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

oops - sorry about that guys! My little Trick-or-Treaters had me up late last night, so not enough coffee yet this morning in November. Should be able to see it now! Thanks for the heads up!!

mcurtt likes this.
  9. cinna

I didn´t get around to scrap about the prompt for day 1 but I made a title page:

[​IMG]

10. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Awesome! I'm going to try to play along!

11. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Ps. Do you mind non- AJ style?

rchansen and scrapsandsass like this.
  12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

That is totally fine! :)

rchansen likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I think I'm going to write a little on each day's topic and at the end of the month I'll create a 2 page layout to include in my annual album. (I don't want to make a separate book.) So I copied the list into my Apple Notepad so I can take a little time each day, whether at my computer or with my phone, to write on each day's prompt.

There are a few I don't think I'll have much to say about (haven't had a pet in over a decade) but overall I like this idea. Thanks for the list!

14. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i see where month takes me

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  15. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

Sounds like fun

16. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

I suck at Art Journaling but LOVE this idea!! Might have to give more of an attempt to AJ...otherwise I'll run with this but make more traditional pages. :)

17. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

This is such an amazing project, I'm loving the pages done so far! I will try to pop in at least for a few! (I have commitment issues :giggle, that's why I never make New Year resolutions!)

18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I did a PL life one years ago.

But I think I need to do this. October was a trying month for my extended family (although it ended in the best way possible!). For the first time ever, I have been feeling compelled to AJ! gasp. I usually only do it for a challenge bc it doesn't come natural to me. But I have so many emotions that I need to get out! I think I finally for the first time ever "get" why people feel this strong desire to AJ. I don't know that I could possibly do 31 days of AJ style LOs bc I am staring at a blank canvas and I have no idea how to even start. But I love Ona 's idea to do little ATCs.

I'm going to try to get over my AJ fears ... even if I combine these prompts together and just make a few pages I will feel like a winner! I think I need to spend some time in M3 and AJ forums this week to get some tips and tricks to get started!

19. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

lol! yay! we've lured @jenn mccabe Jenn over to 'wild side' of AJ!! :) so happy to read eveyones's ideas on what they are going to do......... AJ can be anything you want it to be so if you want to mix it with trad then that will be 'your' thing ............ actually how interesting would that be, using traditional stuff on an ATC!! :)

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have once more been reminded that AJ is not for me but I am doing a 6x6 album as I did in 2014. I'm not sure what happened in 2015 - maybe I was ungrateful??? lol But 2014 was the month of knee replacement - getting ready, 2 weeks in rehab incl Thanksgiving, and then the rest of the month learning how to adjust at home etc. Lots of gratitude incl the November 1, the day after our downstairs toilet was repaired!

Thankful Day 1 JPG.jpg