New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

First of all WELCOME!!!!

I started digital scrapbooking about 7 years ago because my life crashed and I needed to focus on the positive that was around me. It was hard but scrapbooking truly helped!!!

I am so sorry about your babies - I don't have the right words, but I'm sorry and it made my heart hurt to read that.

I am impressed that you channelled your frustration with passing 2 laws. That is SOME work!! My son worked at our state capitol last year and this summer and walked us through on what it takes to pass a law. There are so many steps and it is not for the faint at heart!

So welcome sweet girl - hope you jump right in. You sound amazing!

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Kimberly - We are so blessed to have someone as incredible as you join our community here at The Pad. I cannot imagine the devastation of the loss of a child. It just shouldn't happen. There is no one I admire more in this life than a parent that has lost their child. The strength of character it would take just to get out of bed every day would be heroic. The fact that you have taken your tragedy and turned it into something so positive and meaningful for so many families, plus our nation as a whole, is simply nothing short of miraculous. I'm so looking forward to learning more about you, your family and your journey through your scrapping.

We are (IMHO) the best community in Digiland. I encourage you to jump right in and not be shy. If you need help with anything at all, just ask. Someone will quickly help you. Thanks for choosing us! :grouphug

3. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

I didn't know that, Stephanie. What I said to Kimberly is so true. You have my utmost respect and admiration. You are one amazing lady!

StefanieS likes this.
  4. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

@Kimberly_Wade Sorry for your loss. So glad you found the Pad. There are so many amazing and talented people here.

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome!

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you are doing amazing things with what you have been through. I just peeked at your gallery and loved looking at your pages.

6. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

7. wendy johnson

wendy johnson Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to 'The Lily pad'....love this site already. I hope to find my way around it soon. I love everyone's pages here, so hopefully they will help me improve my pages. It will take me a while to find my way around this site, so bear with me. lol

scrappydonna and jenn mccabe like this.
  8. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

@Kimberly_Wade Hello from Australia Kimberly and I too am so sorry for your loss :heartlub Settle in and please holler if you need a hand with anything, there is someone always online! :)

@wendy johnson Welcome to the pad Wendy :wave, looking forward to seeing your layouts and please just ask if you need a hand with anything, we all love to help and share our knowledge here! :)

9. Gary Oxlade

Gary Oxlade Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie on here just uploaded my 2nd page, woo hoo I managed to do it, still finding my legs on here I'm a tadpole in a big pond lol, you all make some fantastic pages, time I looked to buy some more kits, hope to improve somewhat, hope to find my legs & become a frog lol or maybe a newt, please be patient with me I have a lot to learn.
    Gary x

scrappydonna, jenn mccabe and MrsPeel like this.
  10. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I saw your pages!!!!!!! and left you a note to come post at the macro challenge!!!!!
    Welcome to the Pad Gary!!!!!!!!
    Don;t worry about anything, this place is a wonderful community, I call the Pad, my family, is my chosen scrapping family and everyone is always willing to help in anything you need!!!!!!!!!
    Also we all learn all the time so, you will find tons of opportunities!!!
    Not sure if you saw t5hat today is 50% OFF in a whole lots of kits,m every Wednesday we have half price sale of old favorites and new releases so you can save and start building your stash!!!!!!
    Let us know if you need anything, any help, or directions, everyone is amazing!!!!!!

11. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to all!

@Kimberly_Wade Heartbreaking, but what courage and determination you have! I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story. Hugs!

@wendy johnson Welcome, welcome!
    @Gary Oxlade Welcome! I just saw one of your pages! Excited to see more! Thank you for sharing!

12. MargaretB

MargaretB New Member

Hi, very new here. Can I ask please do you have to register separately for the shop? I tried to log in using my user name and couldn't do it.

scrappydonna and jenn mccabe like this.
  13. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

Hiya - I'm new here but I've been scrapbooking for over ten years with the last eight years ago being predominately digital. My first son was stillborn in 2015 but we were blessed with the arrival of a second son in April this year and I've been scrapping with renewed vigour since! Scrapbooking has been my 'therapy' through the last few years (it took many IVF attempts to conceive both our sons and there have been losses throughout) and I'm really excited about the process of capturing my son's life over the coming years.

14. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Oh wow! So many new people! Welcome everyone!!

@Kimberly_Wade So sorry about your lost. I hope you will find some positivity here at the Pad!

@wendy johnson Welcome! I love your scrapping style! You're gonna fit right in! :)

@Gary Oxlade So great to see another male try out this art! Make sure you join the monthly challenges to earn discount coupons and come to the chat tonight and finish a page in time to get a money coupon! Starting out can be very expensive but it's worth it.

@MargaretB Hello and welcome to the Pad! Yes, you have to register at the store separately. You can use the same name, but it's technically a different account. You plan on spending some money already? ;)

@Meredith78 Very sorry to hear about your struggles Meredith! A lot of people here use scrapping as their therapy, especially Art Journaling. But anything is welcome here and I hope you're gonna have a great time!

15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@wendy johnson @Gary Oxlade @MargaretB @Meredith78 so wonderful to have all of you join our digi family!!! welcome welcome!!! :clap

please holler if any of you need anything at all ... this is vibrant community both our gallery and our forum...so there's always someone from somewhere around the world on here almost any time of day to help.

16. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Yes, you do. You can use your same username and password but they are 2 different accounts. Welcome to the Pad.

17. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

18. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

19. MargaretB

MargaretB New Member

Thanks! All registered now, must have had a brain fart not to remember you have register separately.

keepscrappin likes this.
  20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Glad you're all set now. Can't wait to see all your creations go up in the gallery.