Netflix | pad patter 7.19.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 19, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

DH and I are watching Parks and Rec. The first season was hard. It took a lot to get through (and is why we gave up when it was on network tv). We are up to Season 4, and it's totally worth getting there! Quirky, and fun writing!
    Also on Netflix:
    Stranger Things: Really well done.
    Great British Bake Off: If you like baking, it's fun. It doesn't have the crazy drama of American reality shows, and it's cool to see what they make!
    Any of the Border Security. Australia is my favorite, followed by Canada. The US I found annoying. It's really good background music when you are working on scrapping or something else.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I have to agree with Sara re: Orphan Black (it's hard to follow at times and i think this was one show i used to try to watch while scrapping and would just end up watching while my laptop went to a screensaver).
    And as fate would have it, it was one of the first things we watched on (the lame, has like less than a quarter of the tv shows the US netflix has) Aussie Netflix! We can't access most of the shows in this thread but we've binged Arrow in the last year (never saw it on tv) and are hooked on Prison Break (again never saw it on tv). We're sorta sci-fi people and saw all The OA series, was interesting but I liked Travellers lots more (has the Will guy from Will and Grace in it)

keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm currently binging RuPaul's Drag Race. :love

Other shows I have watched and loved (and hoping/waiting for new episodes/seasons):
    • Orange is the New Black
    • Orphan Black
    • Scorpion
    • Jessica Jones
    • The Bridge
    • The 100
    • 3%
    • Mr. Selfridge
    • How to get Away with Murder
    • Mitfits
    • Lie to Me
    • Girlboss
    It's annoying that every country has different content though. There's lots of shows other people mention that I love to watch on Netflix but can't because of the region restriction thing. Stupid.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. Sunberry2

Sunberry2 Full of secret tidbits

I love our Netflix subscription but haven't had a chance to watch in a couple months because of the summer break. Kids are watching their shows throughout the day (except when I decide to enforce non-screen time). If anyone has kids, we love Beat Bugs and Julie Andrew's Greenroom!

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I enjoyed Stranger Things and Anne with E a lot. I was also intrigued but horrified by How To Get Away With Murder. Looking forward to further seasons of all 3.

And of course I have to mention Supernatural. With 12 seasons now, that show will you keep you busy for at least a week. Longer if you sleep and do other things as well. :giggle

We've had Netflix since 2005 instead of cable, and it has been great, though others in my family make much more use of it than I do.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I wish we had the American Netflix choices but here in Canada there is much less to choose from and they don't carry as many updated seasons of shows so sometimes it is frustrating, waiting for shows to come, but I just checked and Supernatural is there. I watched quite a few episodes way back when it first came out and then got busy with life and let it go. I think I'll start over at the beginning and watch it (our Netflix has 11 seasons). On a side note....my daughter was a PA on the movie set of that shows for a year (filmed in Vancouver back then, don't know if it still is, that was over 5 yrs ago). She said it was fun to hang out with the cast and crew.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. michelepixels

Yes, still filmed in Vancouver. I would love to see behind the scenes there. At their conventions, the actors often talk about what an awesome place to work Supernatural is.

Have fun!

keepscrappin and bcgal00 like this.
  8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Yes I forgot me and my girls each watched Anne with an E in our own homes and would just talk about it. I loved it! My daughter Emma got a little annoyed with Anne personality (more than the original Anne of Green Gables PBS movies) But overall we all loved it.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We love the Great British Bake Off. It's actually inspired lots of baking around here. My 14 year old is an amazing baker.

I've watched Longmire, Sherlock, Parks and Rec, and am slowly going through The Midwife.

Lately though we've been using Amazon Prime to watch Dr. Who again and The Cosby Show.

keepscrappin, Tree City and bestcee like this.
  10. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

If I ever get around to it I'll watch the earlier seasons of Grantchester on Amazon via my iPad-> tv. I am now recording the current season but missed the earlier ones somehow.

keepscrappin likes this.
  11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Yes! I binge watched this and was fascinated.

I'm guessing you also listened to the first season of Serial, the podcast? I binge listened to that and was just as involved!

12. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

Call the Midwife
    The Great British Baking Show

And, if you have the DVD plan, Victoria is fantastic.

Can you tell I'm into British stuff? lol

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  13. michelepixels

No, I haven't hear of Serial. I haven't much gotten into podcasts. I always find I miss things that are only audio, like audiobooks and podcasts.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Not to hijack this post, but Maureen may I ask: have you read the book(s) on which the show is based? I bought the first book hoping to read it asap but "asap" has turned into "more than a year's time." Problem is, I always like to read at least the first book in a series before I start the based-on show. So your thoughts are appreciated! :)

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I loved the Crown, Barbara!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I watched Heart of Dixie and was so sad the series was over.. I really liked it... also rewatched all of my Army Wives (loved it when it was originally on, and loved it in the rewatch... same for Switched at Birth and The Fosters... I just finished watching the Hallmark series When Calls the Heart.. Netflix only has 3 seasons of it... the fourth just aired so currently it is not yet on netflix nor re runs on the HM channel so I will have to wait) ... Gilmore Girls , Grace & Frankie, Fuller House.. all of those are great... just enjoying rewatching old series from start or watching something old but new to me.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

We have both Netflix and HBO. I can´t keep track on what show is on what network som my recommendations would be all mixed up LOL!

18. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I just had to check and here are some I love:
    #Shooter
    # The Fall
    # Sherlock
    # House of Cards
    #Stranger Things

We´re gonna start looking at Ozark tonight!

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  19. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I ended up watching the whole Murdoch Mysteries series. I love Sherlock too. My kids just love Netflix. I gave in to a Redbox movie today. I try not to get them because I always end up returning it late & I could have just bought the movie for the price (or less) I end up paying.

keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  20. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

Loved Stranger Things.
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is fun.
    I love putting on an old sitcom series and binging through it while I scrapbook.

keepscrappin likes this.