Netflix | pad patter 7.19.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Jul 19, 2017.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

We finally broke down and got Netflix because there was nothing to watch on cable. All my regular shows are on break for the summer and I'm looking for something to fill the void. There's so much to chose from that I don't know where to start. I found Sherlock and like that, but want more ideas. What are your Netflix favs?

enjoyyourpix, cfile and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I love Netflix. But we turned it off for the summer since we don't watch much. I really love all the documentaries.

Shows...lots of their original programming is awesome.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I don't get to use our account much because we can only watch on two devices at one time and those two occurrences are usually taken by my children or husband. :/

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

This may not be for everyone, but I love a new Brit Netflix Original called CrazyHead. It's very tongue-in-cheek comedy about 2 girl demon hunters. Probably not the greatest description, but I was hooked by episode 1 and binge-watched all of them. I think the season was only 8 or 9 episodes, but I can't wait for the next season. I'd watch the trailer and see what you think. I think it's hilarious.

Sara @Tree City got me started on Dr. Blake Mysteries. It's a historic Australian medical mystery show done by the BBC and is excellent. The first 3 seasons are on Netflix. Sara said the 4th (and final) season aired on PBS this month where she is, but I couldn't get it here (in Texas). I would definitely recommend it. @keepscrappin

Tree City and keepscrappin like this.
  5. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

On my to-watch list is Orange Is The New Black, 13 Reasons Why, Wentworth, Shadow Hunters, Stranger Things, The OA and House Of Cards.

Others I have watched are The 100, Longmire, Zoo, Merlin, Supergirl, Star, Mindy Project, Rosewood, Bones.

Currently watching Riverdale and Queen of the South.

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

We just got Netflix not too many months ago... me and hubby are watching Longmire together and really enjoy it, it's about a Sheriff set in Wyoming. The Crown is really good!

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

WHAT?! Noooooo! Keep looking: maybe it's just a little later than here?

And yes, as Margaret mentioned, I love Dr. Blake Mysteries. I also like Murdoch Mysteries (Canadian show still on the air, I think; only seasons 1-7 are on Netflix Instant, but 8-10 were available on a channel here, thank goodness!) I'm working on season 9. Yea for DVRs!
    I also like Midsomer Murders, a British show; there are some criticisms of the show (you can Google the show title and probably see some of the issues), and I've heard that the later seasons aren't as good. What I like is that it's not a show that requires too much attention so I can scrap, too. Oh, another Canadian show: The Republic of Doyle. It's about a family of P.I.s. It's like a family dramedy/crime show (but it's very light on gore or the actual sad stuff that goes with that!) set on Newfoundland.

Oh, it's old but I love to binge 30 Rock. So darn funny. And My Name is Earl, too. We didn't watch it when it came out but omg, some of the jokes are just as relevant now!

And DH loves The Crown.

keepscrappin and bestcee like this.
  8. londoncuppa

I didn't know you liked Midsomer Murders. How could I forget to add that to the list?! It is my FAVORITE. SHOW. EVER. I have all boxed sets (yep...that's about 24 of them, if I'm remembering correctly). The writing is soooo good! Definitely not for the faint of heart. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!!

Sara - I think we're TV twinkies!!! :righton

I also second that The Republic of Doyle is really good. Murdoch Mysteries is a lot like Dr. Blake (IMHO). I'm also a huge fan of Criminal Minds (also great writing). If you have Hulu, then I would recommend Rizzoli & Isles, Lucifer (hilarious), Grimm, and some old favorites...CSI and Law & Order: SVU. I could go on & on for days. Back to our regularly-scheduled programming...

keepscrappin and Tree City like this.
  9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I haven't watched it yet but 'Glow' is getting a lot of good press (and just came out this month or last). Of course, all four seasons of my beloved 'Hart of Dixie' is on Netflix, too.

keepscrappin and cfile like this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I don't watch anything, but my hubby and kids host "movie night" at our house every Sunday for friends. They have been watching series such as IT Crowd, Longmire, Arrow, Grimm, Once Upon a Time, Parks & Rec, etc.

p.s. My job is to open the door and make jalapeno poppers or popcorn.

keepscrappin and JillW like this.
  11. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Wentworth!! I'm already dying for the next season!! I like this on so much better than Orange is the New Black.

13 Reasons Why was very good too...they're supposed to do another season.

I suffered through the The Keepers.

I'm pretty sure it was Netflix we were watching last night, Coral Chasers (the effects global warming is taking on the oceans coral) I believe it was called is pretty interesting.

The Killing was good!

That's all I can think of right now LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

We haven't been using Netflix much this summer since we've been away a lot.
    My faves are Suits (never saw it on TV), the 100, Dark Matter, Marco Polo, Medici: Masters of Florence, Orange is the New Black, Crossing Borders and The Fall.

DH also loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

The Office
    Parks and Rec
    The Fall
    Grace and Frankie (adult themes)
    Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
    Anne With An "E" (haven't watched yet but on my list after multiple suggestions)
    The Fall

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

OMG, how did I forget these two shows?! SO different but so wonderful!

I actually came back to this thread to say, yes Margaret @londoncuppa we are twinsies! :hi5 But then I saw your post, Cheryl. Parks and Rec is not only sharp and funny, but well written and silly. And the Fall is sharp and well written and a good thriller (so, not very funny)!

And for those of you with Amazon Prime, Orphan Black is fantastic. Fantastic! (It's not on Netflix Instant, unfortunately.)

keepscrappin and gonewiththewind like this.
  15. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

I'm going to second the Marco Polo recommendation and add The Blacklist! I looove that show. Once Upon a Time (I still need to catch up and finish this..) was also lots of fun! :D

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm all for any British detective or spy show. Last week I watched "London Spy" which I thought was great. Prior to that I watched "Shetland" after reading all those books. We got "Orphan Black" on network a couple years ago and I thought it was fascinating.

btw, my son in NC says they have just watched Prime Suspect:Tennison (a prequel) on PBS but I don't think we got it up here or somehow I missed the three episodes.

keepscrappin likes this.
  17. londoncuppa

Oh...Blacklist-Yes! They did a short-lived spinoff on it this year that I've yet to watch. I too need to catch up on OUAT. I stopped watching it around the start of Season 3; not sure why. One other show (which I'm pretty sure isn't on Hulu or Netflix but IS on Amazon Prime) is Orphan Black. Fantastic show!

UPDATE: Just realized Maureen & Sara mentioned Orphan Black. Great minds...all I'm saying. :D

keepscrappin likes this.
  18. londoncuppa

The Fall...AMEN! The Fall...AMEN! Oh, Jamie... :heartslub

keepscrappin and gonewiththewind like this.
  19. londoncuppa

I started to watch "Glow" at the recommendation of my oldest DD. I got through 1 episode because I'm all about 80's-themed shows. Let's just say there's a lot of *cough* that will make me probably not watch anymore. Just not my thing... :laundrynaughty

20. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

There's so much good stuff!! I am anxiously awaiting the next season of Stranger Things. We have binge watched The Office like 5 or 6 times, sames with Parks and Rec. My Name is Earl is another we've watched a couple of times lol. I'm going to follow this thread and check out some of the recommendations!

keepscrappin likes this.