NEED HELP FAST

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AmaG, Jul 9, 2017.

1. AmaG

AmaG Born in the wrong decade

Anyone have anniversary layouts, or better yet, an entire anniversary book? I have been tasked with making a book for a 50th anniversary memory/guest book and I only have about a week to work on it. Need inspo and ideas fast!

TIA, Ama

2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

here's a few doing a quick gallery search

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

When I'm stuck on ideas I usually search the different galleries I like.

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have made two traditional ones in the past. Both of mine were made after the celebration. However, one thing that we did at both celebrations was to ask people to fill out a journal card with either memories of the couple or blessings for the couple. I also tried to take a photo of every person at the reception. Then in the book I paired up the cards with the photos and had several pages of this.

Since yours is going to be used as a guest book, I would maybe layout some mostly blank pages with minimum embellishments or maybe a small photo of the couple (different photos per page) for guests to sign. Depending on when and how you do this, you might encourage them to write a note.

I once went to a wedding where the bride asked for guests to submit a photo of themselves ahead of time. Then at the wedding we signed our names and wrote a short note by our photo in the printed guest book (it was a small wedding, maybe 50 people). The book was also available at the reception for people to write longer notes.

In my books, I had a section on old photos, the guests photos/notes, candid shots at the party, the food, people dancing, etc. My In-laws wrote out the story of how they met, fell in love, highlights from their lives, etc. So I included that with their old photos. I also included the invitation and the thank you note cards that I made. I think I also included the cards that they received.

Hopefully, that will give you some ideas.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

For my daughter's 18th birthday, I just used a series of masks along with the same color paints, so that left plenty of space for her friends and family to write in it. So that's one option, just keep it simple masking and blending the photos with a continuous color scheme.

You can also use your own layouts that you've made and simply change out the photos and journaling - if you have kept your PSD files. I made a memorial slideshow for my aunt using this method and all the family loved it.

Here are a few of my "love" layouts although they aren't strictly anniversary. Maybe something will spark your imagination?

Good luck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]