Need An Ark!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by JillW, Jul 22, 2017.

1. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

It has been a stormy wet week here in Northern Illinois! Last night packed the worst punch yet! Not sure how many inches of rain came down in total - but for at least 4 hours they said we were getting 2 inches an hour - it rained continuously from 11PM until after 4 this morning. Roads are washed out - homes are flooded - businesses are closed - and the rivers and creeks won't hit their peak level for a few days since Wisconsin got hit just as bad.
    Our son didn't make it home to his house and his family from work late last night because the major highway he drives on was closed - and all of the "backroads" heading to his house were washed out! Thankfully he has a friend that lives right off of the main road so he stayed there (his friend had 6+ inches of rain in his basement at midnight - with more pouring in!)
    As soon as hubby is up and about I'm going to ask him to take me around to snap some photos! Mother Nature sure was aggressive - and there is more rain in the forecast for this weekend!

2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh my goodness Jill. Hope all stay safe and can dry out soon. Hope the weekend rain is minimal or wrongly forecasted. {{hugs}}
    -but I have to chuckle a little that you are thinking about photos - just be careful you! :bk

bestcee likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yikes, that is a lot of rain! I wish a little of it would come this way. We are really hot and dry! But I definitely don't want that much! Hope that your son is able to make it home today and that you safely get some photos. Also hoping the forecasters are wrong for the rest of the weekend!

4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Yikes!!!! I'm glad that whatever you've had there isn't coming to MI. Stay safe!

5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh no, Jill! I'll pray for safety and for the rain to stop!

6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We had the rain for a few months almost non-stop and now for about 5 wks almost none Crazy weather this year. Glad your son found somewhere to stay. That's sad about all the damage that gets done.

7. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Yikes!! That is alot of water! Stay safe!

8. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

9. JillW

Hubs and I went for a ride around the area this morning ...
    This is just down the road from us - a field and pasture - looks like a lake, but it's not!

[​IMG]

This is a little town of 500 people a few miles from us (where I went to HS):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And down the road from the house I grew up in:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It looks like it is ready to rain again now - and more in the forecast tomorrow ... esh!!!

10. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh my! I just the video you posted on the other thread ... and it looks terrible, but seeing these closeup images is even worse! I am so sorry your area got hit with this Jill.

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

12. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I have not been paying attention to the national news lately; I can't believe how much rain you have out there. You did a great job with your photos. Years from now, when they talk about the floods of 2017, you will have some super snaps to go all my with the memories.

13. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Oh my! Stay safe! The photos are incredible....wow...that is alot water!

14. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Wow, scary. Hope it all dries up soon. Those photos are incredible! Thinking of you :beat

15. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

Oh goodness, we have went thru that back in the spring. Not so bad right where we are, but around us was horrible. Alhthough, we pumped water out of the driveway for almost 48 hours straight to keep it from coming into the garage. And we still had a few inches in the crawl space under the house. Southwest Missouri in case you are wondering! Stay dry and safe.

16. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm not seeing any of @JillW photos. Just the blue squares. Anyone else with that problem?
    Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 6.00.27 PM.png

17. JillW

Well dang, wonder what happened ... I'll go reload them

18. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

19. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yikes! That is a crazy amount of rain all at once! I saw Kim (@kim21673 ) posted some flooded soccer field pictures of facebook yesterday. I hope that rivers can catch up and move that water away where it belongs! Lake Michigan is SUPER high this year and we've lost tons of beaches to erosion around me, so in general I definitely think we've had a lot more rain than usual this whole year.

20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

and I can't see your pictures either @JillW