Monthly Muse May 2017 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, May 9, 2017.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

[​IMG]

There will be four weekly challenges, starting on Monday, May 1st, May 8th, May 15th and May 22nd, which will all be tied into this months' muse of "color emotion".

May Muse: Color Emotion

Art journaling is a very subjective process, subjective to the artist's interpretion. One common goal is to self-express through your layout what you are feeling, seeing, thinking, etc. Color can be very impactful in expressing that. Color can set the tone for your layout, can help to express the emotion.

Repetitive colors, shapes, etc can unify your page, give it a sense of consistency.

Inspiration: Repetitive Pattern
    Week 2 - May 8th
    [​IMG]

This week, I would like you to use a repetitive pattern in your page design. As in the sample photo above, a repetive pattern can be made up of similar shapes, although not all are of the same uniform size and shape (although they can be). Your eye sees the similarity amongst them. This gives a sense of unity, of consistency to the design.

Repetitive pattern can also be used with color, text, line, etc, not just in shape. I would like you to use a repetitive pattern somewhere on your layout.

In my page, I used repetitive pattern in the lines and diamonds, creating a cohesive pattern that unifies the page.

[​IMG]

Available still are the template set from @Scrapping with Liz if would like to continue with the Skinnies. If you do decide to go for the Skinnies, you can find the templates available HERE. In addition @cfile created one cool triangle template that you could use (Christa's awesome template is HERE on PSD- let us know if you need any other format!).

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "repetitive pattern" is used in your art journal page.

2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

When I read "repetitive pattern" I immediately thought of "zentangles", the art of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns. It is supposed to provide artistic satisfaction plus a sense of personal well being. So I created an ATC with repeated patterns in the petals.
    [​IMG]

4. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Here is mine. Using my original layout, I've introduced four new elements, all circles. One in the upper right, one on the bottom left, one alongside the left edge of the photo, and the last on the bottom left of the photo.

[​IMG]

wvsandy likes this.
  6. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

here is mine with repeated patterns - though they are minimal, lol! This was fun Rae
    [​IMG]

orkan likes this.
  7. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I'm continuing my series with poems this week.

[​IMG]

8. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

9. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

10. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

@bcgal00, Christa's triangle file is gone. I know I have it somewhere, but maybe TLP does, too, and can find it more easily?

11. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Using repetition of lines, rectangles, and colors
    [​IMG]

12. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

13. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

As you see, I found my copy of Christa's template. It doesn't have her name on it, it's called 20170301MarhAJweek-template.

bcgal00 and mimisgirl like this.
  14. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Thanks for the heads up - I will talk with the powers that be about getting it moved to a easy to find place - if @cfile is OK with that?! :)

15. Melhope1230

Melhope1230 Well-Known Member

Here's mine, I repeated the hexagons.
    [​IMG]

16. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

I guess the main repetitive element in mine is the hearts.
    [​IMG]

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Our daughter will soon move across the nation to gain her Masters in Linguistics and then across the world for a Divine mission. We are preparing for her "flight". Feeling excited and also sad but we know this is her destiny.:angel Praying for a husband during her time of studies!:agree
    [​IMG]

18. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I was going to look into it but see that Erin is going to, and then I saw that you found the template....yay!

19. orkan

orkan Well-Known Member

3 titres et jambes
    [​IMG]

20. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Here's my repeating of circles!

[​IMG]

Ga_L likes this.