Monthly Muse March 2018 - Week #3

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by bcgal00, Mar 16, 2018.

1. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

[​IMG]

Welcome to the March edition of Monthly Muse. There will be 4 weekly challenges, posted on Friday the 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd.

This month will be about music. Music can evoke many emotions, many feelings. Each week we are going to focus on a different emotional state and create pages based on song titles and/or lyrics as they relate to that emotional state, however the music affects us.

Muse: Music and Emotion

[​IMG]

Music can be a very powerful tool for emotional release, balance, expression, understanding, enlightenment and so much more. Music doesn't have to be lyrics to have an impact on you, the melody alone can do that but often times, it is the title or lyrics that will prod your memory, bring up feelings, etc.

I will provide some music playlist titles to inspire you or you may find your musical inspiration, based on that week's emotional state. This is up to interpretation and please create your page in any style and go in any direction the inspiration takes you.

INSPIRATION
    Week 3: Negativity

We all have some kind of negativity to deal with at various points in our lives. It may take the form of frustration, anger, depression, relationship strife, day-to-day struggles, insecurities, confusion, etc. Music may help you to let the feelings out, to acknowledge and confront the feelings, which may be the first step in taking charge, overcoming the emotional drain and moving forward in your thinking, in your mood, to help you gain a more positive, healthy outlook. Music may help to release the negativity.

Here is a mood board playlist of songs that may help direct you in your page design, or you may have another song that inspires you. Your negativity may be an entirely different subject than those I have brought up, let the prompt "negativity" direct you in whichever way you create your page.

[​IMG]

Remember, you may create any style of layout you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone! There are no restrictions, have fun and see where the inspiration takes you.

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to March 31st and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month, even more incentives for your inspiration! You can use any products in The Lilypad store, make sure you follow our gallery guidelines. Pages are due last day of the month.

If you have any questions, ask here in this thread. Have fun and I can't wait to see how "Music & Emotion" inspires you this week with "negativity".

2. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

MISSING YOU Spotify Playlist <=== Hear the songs here

I am working on the other ones!

PS. possible explicit song lyrics

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Mine: I've written some journaling about the song. I remember it from my youth. My oldest brother bought a 45 of Leslie Gore's "It's My Party". It was my favorite. When my brother left home, he didn't take the record and so it became mine. :-)

[​IMG]

5. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I created an ATC for this challenge.
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  6. Dalis

Wow, ladies, these are gorgeous!!!! I can't believe I know all 3 songs too!

mcurtt likes this.
  7. Dalis

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

My Song is again from TobyMac: I just need You
    [​IMG]

9. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Probably the saddest song ever still brings tears to my eyes. This is my interpretation of the Eleanor Rigby statue in Liverpool.
    [​IMG]P

AJK likes this.
  10. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Tough one - finally hit upon how it feels when roomie Mike sits in the dark, outside rocking & drinking beer, playing this one song over and over. "Don't take her she's all I've got" sung by Johnny Paycheck. I suspect he is asking god (not from fear of another man taking her).

[​IMG]

11. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

This was right up my alley. The Smiths are THE band for negativity, :)
    Lyrics are from The Smiths's song "stop me if you think that you've heard this one before"

[​IMG]

12. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

13. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Almost forgot to post here.
    [​IMG]

14. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW, this was tough!! Had to keep walking away and gain my composure. It will be 15 years tomorrow that my hubby and best friend passed. I still miss him so much.

[​IMG]

15. nof007750

nof007750 Active Member

Here is mine. The song "You are my Sunshine" has become bitter sweet to me since my grandma passed. The verse about hanging my head to cry is where I go when I need to let out the sad so I can remember all the great.

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.