Monday Motivation/Accountability!!!! 9Apr

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Apr 9, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

ONe week I did NADA on treadmill, but swam a bit, rearranged whole rooms (that was cray cray crazy). This weekend after almost 2 months of low carbs, we had a splurge. I had a small (I never used to get small) ice cream blizzard. I ate it slow and loved every bite!
    Back on treadmill today, and I am up to 3/4 of a mile running! I am so happy!!! the rest is a quick walk and still getting 2 miles in! yeah!
    Finally figured out how to get the Blood Pressure thing on treadmill to work, so I can watch that also.
    Feeling good, my capri's for the summer are loose! I am really liking that! I am holding off pulling out my smaller sizes until I hit a milestone.
    I have been at same weight for 2 weeks. But, I feel good, so will just keep on doing what I am doing!
    How are ya'll doing with the seasons beginning to change?

LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Sounds like you're back on track, Anne. I LOVE it when my clothes start getting loose. I've been side tracked from my fast walking outside, but have been doing floor exercises and still doing my planks every day. My feet suddenly just rebelled and I could hardly even walk. I was soaking them in Epsom salts and putting foot cream on them every night. They're finally better and hubby doesn't want me to TRY to walk for awhile. I'm most comfortable barefoot and put about a mile and a half on my watch just walking around here (in the house) and outside in the caged in area. I'm going to start power walking in the pool with some of those pool shoes. The water is getting warmer every day and I'll probably turn the heater on this weekend just to help it along. I've never had my feet hurt so bad.

I started doing Callanetics (they were the pre-curser to Pilates). I used to do them faithfully every day, then quit for a long time. I'm going to be accountable in this group to make myself do them every day. There are still some Callanetics videos on You Tube and they're SO hard!

Here's a link to a video clip about Callanetics. I did them back in the 80's and I guess it's making a comeback.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Those room rearrangements count as exercise in my book Anne! That's not easy! Sorry to hear about your feet Cheryl. I used to walk 4 miles a day, 3-4 days a week and it was murder on my feet. I even got custom orthopedic inserts made at a podiatrist, but my feet would still be so sore. For the last year, my walking buddy and I decided to join a gym and we are doing cardio on an elliptical instead and my feet are SO much happier!

I'm still keeping on keeping on. It was spring break last week and my sister came to town for three days, and we ended up eating out one night, then she took my boys to her house (3 hours away) for the rest of the week/weekend and I met her halfway on Sunday to pick them up, so we ate out again. BUT, even with all that eating out, I was still down a teensy .6 lbs for the week, so I was pretty happy. I'm just a smidge away from being down 20 pounds since January, so as long as I'm still going down in the right direction I'm happy. I'm still working out 3 times a week, but soccer starts on Saturday, so it's going to get crazy and it's always tough finding time to jam in my workout. I'm also so worried about how I'm going to find time to make healthy meals when we are never home. Eek!

4. Cherylndesigns

@Karen I'm about ready to join a gym too. I had good, fairly new Nike shoes, but was going to go to one of those Walking Stores and get my feet really fitted. My husband is just afraid for me to walk like that. He reminded me that I needed my feet to be able to just walk and to find some other exercise.

Good news on your weight! I wish I could say the same. LOL If I can just find my core again and strengthen that, I know the rest will come. Keep on keeping on!

Karen likes this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

I too am a barefoot walker. But my feet rebel. @Cherylndesigns, I have a ball by my desk, that I roll to stretch the ligaments in my foot. I have to stretch my feet/toes each morning, and a few times a day, or they want to go all (I call it Geisha) on me.
    I did ponder those weird toe shoes. I have a few runner friends that swear by them.
    [​IMG]
    But, I have really strange shaped toes, and practically no little toe! So can't see my narrow, stranged toe feet in them. lol

6. Cherylndesigns

@AnneofAlamo I have wondered about those toe shoes. I doubt if I could get my toes in them either. LOL I stretch mine all the time even now, sitting at the computer. I'm always stretching my toes from the bottom, if that makes sense. My heels are up and my toes are down. Doing planks gives me a great toe stretch. My arches are really high too and they have always given me fits.

7. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

You're doing an amazing job!! I splurged and ate 10 cookies in the last two days LOL

LoveItScrapIt and Cherylndesigns like this.
  8. AnneofAlamo

now, lets help that sentence
    in the last two days, I did pretty good, only having 5 cookies each day!
    tee hee

enjoyyourpix, Karen, bestcee and 2 others like this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

10. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

YAS!!! That sounds so much better!!!

LoveItScrapIt, Karen and bestcee like this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I ordered 3 tacos at dinner tonight, but only ate one with the half bowl of chips before it arrived.
    1 out of 3 is a win right? We won't talk about the chips - :giggle
    Flip side, I did make my (lower body) workout video fit into my day. And I don't want to get up to walk up the stairs, because it's going to hurt. o_O

Karen likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

That's definitely a win! :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  13. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I'm going to try to hop in here too. I'm having a hard time staying up to date with the forums, but I'm trying to get serious about losing a few pounds. I've been going to Weight Watchers for almost a month. (I'm Lifetime but about 15 pounds over my goal.) It hasn't been going that well. I was down about a pound and a half week 2, missed week 3, up week 4 by almost 5 pounds, and down a pound and a half yesterday.

I decided to do the personal coaching for a couple months to help. It's a little awkward but I'm appreciating the quick 10 minutes phone calls where I have to articulate my 3 goals and then reflect on what did and did not work since the last call. Today I managed to totally stay with in the point budget and not use any additional points. I hate tracking but I've been doing it. It's hard. I'm a little hungry right now so I'm going to bed. I know I need to be uncomfortable for a couple days while I adjust to smaller portions and force myself to make better choices. I did eat a piece of candy today, but I forced myself to take small bites and I enjoyed it, a lot.

My goal that I still need to uphold is taking a walk during the day around campus for exercise. I'll try that tomorrow.

LoveItScrapIt and Karen like this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

@enjoyyourpix woohoo! Wekcome! I know accountability helps me a ton. Walking is gonna help the most. I hate just depriving of food. I love food. But once I got moving, I felt so darn better. I'm cheering you on!!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome Kimberly! Those first two weeks are always the hardest for sure! I feel like my stomach actually shrinks after a few weeks of eating normal sized meals instead of over-eating like I had been doing and then I'm not so starving all the time. I also drink a bunch of water to help with the feeling of being more full. And funny enough, the thing that has helped a huge bunch lately is chewing gum after a meal. It gets the flavor of food out of my mouth and helps me not want to eat more... If I was at home I'd brush my teeth, but I eat breakfast and lunch at work, so the gum thing really helps! :)

LoveItScrapIt and enjoyyourpix like this.
  16. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

Good morning ladies, im going to jump in here if you don't mind. Im at my heaviest and most miserable ever!!!! In 2016 I lost 55lbs and have put back on 65 :cry

im trying hard to get back on plan and stick to it, Im using my fitness pal to track my eating and counting macros.

I struggle most with low carb breakfasts, I get to work at 6.00ish so I prefer something I can eat at work, we have a fridge, kettle and microwave, if anyone has breakfast suggestions id love to hear them :)

also is anyone taking photos to track progress and doing a scrappy journal?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  17. AnneofAlamo

I just answered you in my shout out! YES< join in!! I am a low carb/real low almost Keto kinda gal, and am here to cheer you on!
    I did this photo 5 years ago @Jems
    [​IMG]
    It is my motivation.
    low carb breakfast-
    you can make ahead in mason jars or containers
    Almond MIlk (unsweetened)and a dollop of heavy whipping cream (delightful)
    a scoop of Chia seed (heavy duty fiber)
    and 1/3 cup of frozen fruit. (check the carb count) I do blueberries EVERY day! lol
    bag Fiber one sticks (think 1/2 cup, but check)
    It is the most filling cereal and the fat is good for low carbers (keeps us full)

also I can not recommend high enough this bread/wrap:
    [​IMG]
    $3 at Walmart, you cut in half. I grill all our meat/chicken in it. We even made yummy pizza with it. Recipes all over the net! 4 carbs and it is GOOD!! They also have a pita bread, that is good for sandwiches (tuna, chicken, and lots of salad stuff) I toast or grill for added flavor.

WE cook up 3 pounds of bacon each week, and that is our go to quick breakfast(with a hard boiled egg and cheese stick). Great breakfast!
    I have
    Oikos Triple Zero Yogurt
    [​IMG]
    you can also have this for breakfast, add chia seed (let the chia sit for 30 minutes and it swells like tapioca) very filling and satisfying.

MOTIVATION is the KEY! Why are you doing this? For who, and it needs to sustain you to press in and focus!
    My doctor was not very kind, and honestly ticked me off, so I am doing this to show him, I can do it! lol
    I go back in August and I plan on bouncing in and getting on that scale 30 to 40 pounds down. Six months, and I know I can do it! I am not going to take high cholesterol meds, I am going to chase my grand babies around, and hike my beautiful mountain!

LoveItScrapIt and Jems like this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

oh oh and I kinda keep a scrapbook going of the new focus...
    here is a page I did of yesterdays happy:
    [​IMG]
    I am a bullet journaler, and I write my weight every day and time and length of treadmill

Jems and enjoyyourpix like this.
  19. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

@AnneofAlamo thanks for sharing all of this ... my why is to feel fit and strong again, to feel like im a good role model for my wee man and to be able to keep up with him, 5 is BUSY!

20. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

seriously LOVE this LO, im thinking if i did some LOs it might keep me focused and on track.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.