March Photography Challenge

Discussion in 'March 2016 Challenges' started by mrs2a50, Feb 28, 2016.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Hey there challengers! Welcome to our latest round of monthly challenges! I'm here with the March Photography challenge for you - photography is something I truly enjoy, and I hope that with the addition of this challenge to our monthly line up, you will either grow to love it too, or will learn new tricks and tips for something you already love!

Even though it's barely March, spring is in full swing in my area of the world, and I'm loving the warmer days and sunshine! It makes me want to go outside more and enjoy the beauty around me! So, your challenge this month is to go outside, and take a photo. It can be of someone doing something outside. It can be of something related to spring. It can be anything you want, as long as the photo was taken outside. This should be a NEW photo if at all possible, taken during the month of March 2016 (cut me some slack since mine had to be done and posted BEFORE March 1! :)) And although this is not a requirement, I would love it if you added a little bit of journaling to your page to tell us about your photo!

For mine, this photo was taken February 20, on a Saturday afternoon when we decided to do a little bit of exploring. My husband had been out on the river in a friend's boat the week before, and had seen a gravel road that followed the river, and he wanted to know what it was and where it went. So we mapped it out and set out to see just exactly what we would find. It was a beautiful, crisp, sunny day, and it ended up being a Fish and Wildlife Department road that wound through a wildlife reserve. Gorgeous views of the river and rocks, and a really fun day for us both:

[​IMG]

Please remember the monthly challenge rules: Your page must contain at least 75% Lilypad product. Your page should be posted to the Lilypad Gallery and then linked to the Challenge Layouts thread so it can be tracked, and to this thread.

The Lilypad uses a percent system for our challenges; the number of challenges you participate in determines the store discount you will receive at the end of the month:

2 challenges = 10% off
    4 challenges = 20% off
    6 challenges = 30% off

If you complete 7 challenges, you will receive a coupon for 30% off, plus you will be entered to win a guest spot on the Lilypad Creative Team! The first seven challenges will be posted on the first of the month; the eighth challenge is the BYOC challenge, which is posted on BYOC release day. Each page counts for one challenge (you cannot use one layout for multiple challenges).

So whether it's bright, sunny and beautiful, or cold, windy and rainy where you're at right now, get yourself outside and take a picture - you might find that beauty can be found in any setting if you just look hard enough!

2. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Wow. That photo is gorgeous, Julie!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  3. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, I am buried in snow here, sooooooo-----it won't be a Spring photo! :cool:

Frumpje, jesskab and Lindzee like this.
  4. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

he he.
    It's the beginning of Autumn here so...

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

whoa I got to go outside...

Lindzee likes this.
  6. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

We are also expecting a 30 cm snowstorm to hit within the next 24 hrs so probably mine won't look much like spring either.

7. zinzilah

zinzilah One step at a time

It was taken in February, I hope it's Okay, it breathes spring to me.
    [​IMG]

Jan, Frumpje, ljonezy and 1 other person like this.
  8. mrs2a50

Snow is ok! I just want you guys to go outside and grab a new photo!

Frumpje and Ga_L like this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That is a gorgeous layout and photo! Wow!

mrs2a50 likes this.
  10. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I'm going to wait to do this one since near the mid-end of the month I'll be spending a view days in Vegas with my Grandma as we visit my sister. I can't wait to scrap some desert photos!! Definitely will be different than Indiana! :D

meterr, jesskab, NancyP and 1 other person like this.
  11. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Elisa, desert photos are so beautiful. Scenery and colors keeps changing. I have many from Arizona.

EHStudios likes this.
  12. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

@mrs2a50 I ran outside this morning & took pictures of my gorgeous flowering aloe. I can't wait to scrap this page.

13. mrs2a50

Yay! Can't wait to see it!

14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Perfect, yesterday I was at the park with my children

15. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Here is mine with lots of photos I took in the wild flowers this week.
    [​IMG]

Natalie C and Jan like this.
  16. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

I should have taken a photo yesterday!! It was so beautiful outside! Now were having a snow/ice/sleet storm!
    That`s Michigan living!

17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

It snowed today...

[​IMG]

Jan likes this.
  18. catschwartz

catschwartz Active Member

I might cheat a little and use one I haven't uploaded until today :) We had gorgeous weather, so i did go out and sit and wait to take some bird photos. Today it is raining, so no camera outside for me :) Now hopefully i can get the photos scrapped :)

19. Sharon Evans

Sharon Evans Well-Known Member

Starting a new routine of coffee and book outside every day - today's view:

[​IMG]

angiekey, Jan and Frumpje like this.
  20. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

It's Autumn in my neck of the woods too, although you wouldn't say so from this photo.
    [​IMG]

andastra, Jan, Frumpje and 1 other person like this.