Make It Snappy (MIS) | October 1st @ 7 pm ET | Scrapping with Liz

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by tpbuffy, Sep 25, 2016.

1. tpbuffy

tpbuffy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

The Template MIS with a Twist
    (to participate in the TWIST just comment in this thread before the MIS starts and then complete the MIS, easy peasy!)
    :rollin

Special Instructions: Because the template is your choice, the only way I will know if you participated is if you link your layout in this thread or within the Facebook Album. To qualify, post your layout to the gallery or hosting site of your choice* and then paste the image and link here by 8:15 pm ET tonight to qualify for the drawing and by 7:00 pm ET tomorrow (05 NOV 2016) to qualify for the free template.

Instructions

You can use any Scrapping with Liz's Template of your choice. You can make your layout yours and design as you like, as long as, you follow the instructions below. Don't forget to shadow and date.

Fill in the Blank

Using the following numbers only once each, complete your instructions for this challenge: zero (0), one (1), two (2), three (3), and four (4)

A. _____ Flower(s)
    B. _____ Photo(s)
    C. _____ Fastener(s) [For this challenge, fasteners are buttons, brads, staples, tape, string, ribbons, bows and stitches.]
    D. _____ Line(s) of Journaling [For this challenge, journaling excludes titles, sub-titles, word art, dates, and word/phrase tags.]
    E. ____ Word Title

For my sample layout, I used: 0 Flowers, 1 Photo, 2 Word Title, 3 Lines of Journaling and 4 Fasteners. What will you do???

The Twist

For those that commented in the challenge thread before the start of the challenge, you can replace the number 4 with a number of your choice as long as it is not 0.

*Posting Notice: To upload your layout into the TLP gallery it must follow TLP gallery posting requirements.

What is Liz's MIS: Liz's Template Make It Snappy (MIS) is a twist on the favorite speed scrap challenge. You can use any Liz template that you own and we make it even easier, because you pick the template after seeing ALL the instructions. Everyone that completes a qualifying layout and posts in this thread within 24 hours of the start of the challenge will receive a new, never released template for free. Complete you layout within the 75 minute time limit and you may win a $10 coupon to Liz's store!!!

Don't own a Liz template yet? Well its easy, you can pick up some Liz templates for free!! Look for freebies in Liz's Facebook Group [link] or Liz's Blog [link].

The MIS will be hosted in this thread.

Participation Prize
    [​IMG]

Sample Layout using Smell My Feet and Wicked Cute by Bella Gypsy
    [​IMG]

New to the challenge, here are some additional details: The Twist can be many things: extra time, ability to delete/change an instruction, etc. I will post the instructions at the top of the thread and at the end of thread at the start of the MIS. For the first part, you will have until 8:15 pm ET to complete the layout using the five (5) instructions plus the Twist (to get the Twist just comment in this thread before the start of the challenge; unless specified the comment can be anything - "Hi!" works). All those that complete the layout per instructions and post by 8:15 ET (75 minutes later) will qualify; one layout from the qualifying layouts will win $10 to Liz's store. For the second part, same instructions but you will have 24 hrs to complete the layout and post in this thread. For all participants that complete a qualifying layout in the first or second half, will receive the free template. If you are new to posting layouts at TLP, please give your self extra time to do so. If you have trouble posting in the TLP Gallery or your layout doesn't meet Gallery criteria, you can post your layout in the Scrapping with Liz Facebook Group by the deadline to qualify.

The Nitty Gritty
    1. Have fun and play nice!
    2. Use only a Scrapping with Liz template(s) (active, freebie or retired are all okay).
    3. The layout you use must be new for this challenge and cannot be used for another store or designer challenge.
    4. If you post your layout in the TLP gallery please follow all gallery requirements.
    5. Link an image of your layout before the end of the challenge in this TLP Challenge Thread; please include your credits.
    6. Qualification of layouts and eligibility of participation solely determined by Scrapping with Liz.
    7. Questions? Just post your question in this thread; please tag my username (tpbuffy) to get my attention. I will get back to you as quickly as I can.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    elitka likes this.
  2. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Whee -- going to be a fun weekend.

3. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Love the circles! Hopefully I can squeeze this one in.

4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

5. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Love the template! I'll try to be there!

6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love the 24 hour option!

7. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

it is going to be a busy day- my youngest is turning 12, my parents are coming to celebrate her, and we are leaving the 2nd to go camping for fall break, as well as Saturday being NDSD-- whew! Here is hoping that I can pop on and make a page for the MIS!

8. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm really going to try and be there. DSD prep will be out of the way, and I'm hoping to just have some fun scrapping!

9. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

I really hope I can play this time:)....

10. vanessasmed

vanessasmed Well-Known Member

Interesting! We'll see if it works. That'd be 5pm - suppertime - here for me...so not ideal :)

11. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i like to join

12. quietangelsb

quietangelsb Member

Looking forward to a fun weekend!

13. acwfoster

acwfoster Active Member

14. JIC Creations

JIC Creations Member

I'm gonna try to be there for this too :)

15. celea

celea New Member

I'm going to jump in!! This will be my first try at something like this, a little scary, but sounds like great fun!

16. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm setting myself a reminder!

18. Brendazzle

Brendazzle Shooting on the Serengeti

I put it in my calendar so maybe I can come. bonus points if my husband could go grocery shopping while I scrap.

19. Barb Skalberg

Barb Skalberg New Member

I've never done a challenge before...

20. scraptraci

scraptraci June Cleaver

fun template. i hope i can participate on Sat- quite a crazy day of kids' sports and my husband's company party that night