Love Hate Relationships | Pad Patter 11.9.2017

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Nov 9, 2017.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

What are you loving but hating at the moment?

-It's spring here and it's warm and pretty but between the tissues and hayfever med's I can't love it as much I should.
    -We just finished Stranger Things 2 and that's a show I love/hate as well (it's compelling but i watched it thru my fingers (hands covering my eyes) in some parts and now there's the waiting...

MrsPeel, LoveItScrapIt and bbymks5 like this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

The city where I live. Actually I did a LO about it!
    [​IMG]

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I have a bonus one - we're back from another night function this week and i'm reminded of my love hate relationship with high heels and pretty shoes - if only my feet were more triangular than rectangles that don't like being squished into pretty shoes and if only they were as comfortable as sneakers...:hissy

@cinderella - you certainly made your hometown look pretty with the sketch and selective colour and i love the mix of flowers extra sketchy ellies, chalky goodness and macabre news clippings - i have similar feelings with my place too - i love my house, like it's my dream house and the block and garden are wonderful but i really don't like all the urban development encroaching our 'green' area and making it busier and slower to get to the actual city every day
    (and i have to say i think Shakespeare would love your version of his quote! awesome siggy with the skull and all!:love)

MrsPeel, Juliestcyr and bbymks5 like this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I love the crisp air and the love of fall with the change in colors metc, but hate being cold! :)

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I feel similarly about autumn: love the beauty but dislike the cold and having to wear more clothes. I lived the first 29 years of my life in southern California! We're in peak color right now, here in Virginia, so it's gorgeous. Although it would be look even better if the sun were shining; haven't seen the sun since Saturday.

Of course, probably thanks to global warming, we've been having unseasonably warm weather for a few years now. I have actually continued to wear short sleeves into November! But I can't fully love the unseasonably warm weather knowing that it's probably not healthy for our planet. Also, it removes my favorite thing about winter in this region: lack of bugs.

p.s. I also endure the scary parts of Stranger Things to enjoy the story. I think it's great!

bellbird, cfile and bbymks5 like this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I'm having a love hate relationship Mother Nature...while I'm appreciating the "cooler" temps I'm over the heat...do you know how hard it is to swear a sweater when it's in the 80's?!!? Not very much fun I can tell you that! We won't see highs in the 60's until until December and then it's still dang near 70!

If we could afford to live in the high country we'd move in a heartbeat!

LoveItScrapIt and bellbird like this.
  7. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

I love that the holidays are coming. But I hate that they are coming so fast!! We need to go back to September 1st again. :)

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I love that I finally have both kids in school fulltime ... but I hate that the days now fly by. Where does the time go? Do my children pack a couple hours of MY day into their lunch boxes?!

9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

It goes so fast. UGH

bellbird and Tree City like this.
  10. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

My love hate relationship is with TIME. I love watching the world change, my kids grow, but some days it's like I'm in a time warp and I blink and 5 years have passed. UGH

11. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

My love-hate relationship is currently with my right ankle. I love that I have one, I hate that it's not functioning properly and there may be surgery in my future. Grr.

MrsPeel and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I gotta say I liked at this ,think ing about your unappreciated left ankle Sorry re: the surgery tho!

Meredith78 likes this.
  13. Meredith78

Meredith78 Well-Known Member

Oh you're right, I should say that I LOVE my good old faithful not-sore left ankle! :)

14. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Loving that it is almost Christmas. Hting that it is almost Christmas... another year gone!!
    Loving that I haven't had to do as many chores around the house, hating that I hurt my back to get a break.
    Loving that I have gotten so much crocheting done, hating that I haven't gotten pretty much any scrapping done.
    Loving all the sunshine, hating that my kids are awake so early!! But I love them so I forgive them... kinda.

15. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

This week.
    I’m a college teacher and we have four ten week “semester” in the school year. The before last week each semester we go and visit our students at their place of internship. It’s fun to see them work. But I thrive on routine so even though I love the different things this week throws at me, it also always stresses me out.

16. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Love fall, hate hay fever... sniff, sniff, achoo!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

@bellbird I used to moan about not being taller and having horribly thin ankles , but loved the heels thing, even though of course was much more comfortable in pumps or tennis shoes (I think those are your "snickers) when I had the replacement in 2003 they made me almost 4com taller, I was over the moon because that would mean when they operated in the other leg I will be those 4comn taller.... but as the surgery failed, I need a shoe raise now and can't wear my most fav thing which are cowboy boots .... also can't really wear proper heels...and I am crazy about shoes and boots!!!

I m a bit like this, but mainly with the fact that we are preparing everything over time, and then is 4 days or 5 and is gone, I wish it lasted longer LOL

this is me, but with my whole body. I am hugely grateful I still have a more or less functional one, but so much is wrong, I'm bed bound most of my time :(
    also love my hair when is long, but hate that not only tales a lot to look after....

Meredith78 likes this.