Linking to our Instagram - which bit of code?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by cookingmylife, Oct 7, 2017.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Before I try this one, which bit of code on the right do we use when we're linking a layout to Instagram or Facebook so it connects back here please?

2. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

For Instagram, upload your layout image and use Share Page.
    upload_2017-10-7_15-57-3.png

For Facebook, simply paste in the Share Image link. It will fetch the image and link over too.
    upload_2017-10-7_15-58-6.png

3. cookingmylife

Thanks Laura...what is the bottom one for then...Share BB (Gallery) Code?

4. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

That's for forum and gallery postings. :)

5. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Bart is hoppy you got it figured out and wants a kiss.
    [​IMG]

6. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Oh, I didn't know to do it this way! Will have to try! I'm glad you asked Maureen!

7. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Still not working... I've tried later.com like Jenn suggested. It says my layout was actually sent twice, yet I can't see any postings in my profile. I know it is operator error. I've had an instagram account for years but have never posted anything to it. On my tablet, I went to my gallery, selected the "share" text and then I went over to Instagram, and can't figure out where in the world I'm supposed to paste this.

9. jenn mccabe

I've heard others say they never got a notification too. It may be your settings?
    Install the Later app on your phone/tablet ... and then you should see the scheduled post notifications that you missed. And copy the LO into IG that way. Don't forget to use #the_lilypad or we won't be able to see your layout.

For IG ... the instructions above are to have your page link back to the gallery - you still have to upload the LO manually on your phone or tablet. OR use a workaround like Later.com to do it from your desktop.

mcurtt likes this.
  10. cookingmylife

I resolved the issue by sending the layout to myself via mail and then saving into my iPhone and finally uploading to Instagram. Jenn's way. Lots of steps, but... As you said, Jenn, there doesn't seem to be a way to link directly to Instagram on a computer e.g. my iMac. I think I would have had to do the same thing with the TLP gallery url link that Laura suggested...the mail etc steps.

Instagram really wants you to use your phone I'd say!

11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Maureen, using my phone, I take a screen shot of my LO. Then I copy the text I want to include in my Insta post (for me, that's the credits), so you could just copy the LO's URL. Then I just paste the info into my Instagram post. IDK about the iPhone, but my Android has a "clipboard," a part of my keyboard that collects my screen shots and copied text, which makes it easy to add multiple bits of text onto one field. It's not perfect but it might be faster than using email.

bestcee likes this.
  12. jenn mccabe

I believe Jan uses LR as way to get her layout images uploaded to IG @IntenseMagic ... and Courtney uses some IG developer workaround to get her layout images into IG directly from her computer. @bestcee
    But I have not tried either of those.

@Tree City I had no idea you use a screenshot of your layout ... you can't tell at all. Clever girl! I like that trick!!! :agree

Tree City likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Using an iPhone, I also take screenshots of my layouts when I want to share them on IG quickly. (I can also share via my Lightroom IG app, but that's not quick.)

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep. I use Chrome, and open the developer module. Then instagram thinks I'm on my phone, so I can add layouts from my computer.

15. cookingmylife

Michele, I think I need you to take a photo via my iPhone! I almost always need a light in this room and thus usually have a bit of a glare on my iMac. But in reality, I doubt that I'll be doing many more of these shares to Instagram.

jagruti patel likes this.
  16. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

When I save my layouts for the gallery, I also save another copy sized for Instagram and put it out in Dropbox. Most of the time I use Later.com to schedule posts, but if I need to post from my phone it's super easy to get the copy from Dropbox.

I'm curious...does Instagram allow linking in posts now? Or are you just posting the text of the link, but not actually linking it.

Bart wants to know!

[​IMG]

17. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!