Lightroom CC Updates

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by bestcee, Oct 20, 2017.

1. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Thanks Kayla - I never realized you could CTRL E to merge down. I have to admit; I don't really use the PS shortcuts and honestly don't know them.

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Oh man I LOVE shorcut keys! You can work SO much faster! The quick way to learn a lot of them is to look at the 'keyboard shortcuts' panel- CTRL K. It'll show you everything there is a shortcut for, what it is & then you have the option to customize your own. I deleted the CTRL Q shortcut since I always accidentally hit it! I also make a few of my own- CTRL W for warp, CTRL G for clip (like PSE since that's what I first learned on!) :)

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! Ctrl +g for me too. I also set my save action as F2. I love being able to customize the shortcuts in PSCC.

amien1 likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

thank you for posting that regarding the drag and drop & the the "not aligning to center of document" issue in CC2018. frustrating. at least I have a work around (drag to the tab - not the open space!). trying to train my mind to remember this though ... LOL. once i get it down - it will probably be fixed :giggle

amien1 and bestcee like this.
  5. bestcee

There's an open Adobe complaint form about it. There's quite a few people saying this is there problem too!
    Supposedly, if you drag from bridge it centers? But I haven't tried that.

amien1 likes this.
  6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Ok, my question/complaint confusion is just with LR right now. Remember I have 3 basic catalogs. 1 Photos, and 2 and 3 are digi supplies (TLP and another store) I have upgraded my classic LR for all three and now have two catalogs for each category. Where do I rename them so I can...god help me...delete the original ones?

Issue TWO. My number of image count does not seem to be matching up with the number of photos in each week's folder. I now have a -1 for my week 44 even though I have 11 images in that folder.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 1.24.48 PM.png

7. bestcee

That count thing is weird!
    I'm not sure on the catalogs. But I wonder if Classic is using a different catalog than the new one?

8. cookingmylife

Now I am having a devil of a time importing new items...e.g. the Preview of a Folder file comes into LR but not the actual .psd file. I drag directly from LR to PSE so I want each and every file. I was importing my 17 10 supplies last night and darn if it's leaving about 12 items from various folders un-imported. LR shows the progression and the line creating previews etc but the newly imported are not visible. They also appear as new items to import if I retry and retry. Left the program open overnight but have since closed it and will restart my computer as the last bit of effort on my part.

I also noticed that El Capitan which I am on is the oldest version of Mac OS that Classic works with. just a fyi for anyone using something older than El C.

9. cookingmylife

and once again, a complete shutdown while I got another cuppa tea resolved all my issues. (Knock on wood and insh'allah) Apparently too many temp files were hanging hither and yon. I also put the plain .lrcat and Previews.lrcat files in a new folder called OLD. Did that for each catalog One day I will possibly delete them - as I really don't like files numbered 2 as the current LR working .lrcat files are named. To me that signifies a 2nd version which normally (to me) means a duplicate and so I just delete it. I'll get over it - probably.

bestcee likes this.
  10. bestcee

I'm glad a restart solved it!

11. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

The dragging and not centering is a known bug and will be fixed in an update. I drag from Bridge all the time, and it does retain the file name, and you can drag multiple items at once.

amien1 likes this.
  12. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

I do the same - hold the shift key when dropping into a layout - works perfect!

cfile likes this.
  13. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Hey guys.

I finally put Lightroom CC on my computer. I have LR Classic already on here and I use it for my photos and I have been meaning to get my digi supplies on there as well. I figured, why not test out the new LR with my digi supplies. I started importing and it looks like you don't have an option to just link to your original file like you can in Classic. It is creating a copy and it wants to upload everything to the Cloud (which I promptly stopped).
    Is this normal? Or am I missing something?
    I just really don't want an extra copy of my digi stuff on my hard drive, and I am happy with how it is sorted now. All I want is a better way of finding things. At this point I am ready to uninstall LR CC and add a Digi Scrap catalogue to the old one.

Also I have seen that people use Bridge. Would that be a better option for my digi supplies than a second LR catalogue? I know nothing about it!

[​IMG]

14. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@Chippi I find things easily enough just searching in my files. When I type "string" or "button" in the search bar of my TLP folder I get lots to choose from.

Chippi likes this.
  15. bestcee

@Chippi I'm still not sold on CC, because I don't want everything in the cloud - which is the big advantage. And that works for some, but is not for me at this time.

A second catalogue means you switch between catalogs for photos to supplies. Maureen @cookingmylife How do you like two catalogs? Well, I know you use 3.
    Bridge is a stand alone, free program. You could have both bridge with supplies and LR with photos open at the same time. I've played with it. It searches pretty good. And tags easily.

Chippi likes this.