Layout posting question - TLP Designer BUT...exclusive kit

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by busywoman139, Jun 11, 2017.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

I did a layout using a kit from Just Jaimee after taking her dynamic brushes class at Scrapaneers. I went to upload it to the TLP Gallery and then realized that the kit included with the class isn't for sale in the TLP Store. Can I still share it in the Gallery if I don't link to the kit/class but I do link to JJ's brushes that are for sale at TLP (which I also have purchased)?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Anything uploaded to the gallery must contain at least 50% TLP product. I've purchased some items from designers when they were at other stores, but now they sell that same product at TLP. I use those items and count them towards the 50% because I'm able to link to those products to the designer's store at TLP if anyone wants to buy them.

Challenge (and MOC) guidelines are different. For monthly challenges, the layouts must contain 75% TLP product (eligible product can be current or retired product from resident designers and also guest designer product that is currently in the TLP store). For MOC, you have to use current product (can't use anything retired). Hope that helps.

3. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Oh I always thought as long as the designer was current in the store you could use any of their goodies even if not available in store (eg freebies, blog hops, retired etc). ETA I understand the rules are different for MOC challenges which is why I name my product folders if not in store to help with that.

Ooops, help! Clarification would be appreciated :)

4. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I thought what @fruitysuet thought. Apart from MOC I am using whatever I have from a designer and so far nobody ever said anything.

5. londoncuppa

@Rikki @fruitysuet I do too. I use freebies, retired products, etc. from the designers too. I just make sure that I follow the 50% rule since the gallery guidelines posted here in the forum say that anything that goes into the gallery has to have at least 50% TLP product.

The challenge guidelines (except MOC) posted always use the 75% rule of current/retired product. I'm like you. In my mind, I treat store designers' products that aren't for sale in the store the same as retired products from that designer, but maybe they're more strict than that, and I've assumed too much. It just seems logical to me that they should count. Perhaps Julie or Laura can clarify.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  6. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

If it's from a current designer here at TLP, even if it's not sold here, you're okay!

7. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for clarifying this. I, also, was confused. I have lots of product from some of the designers which they sold in other stores but have not brought to TLP. I had avoided using those so I wouldn't have a problem. So, do I understand correctly that those count in the 50% rule for challenges (except MOC, of course)?

gonewiththewind likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hope this helps @flowersgal - from the challenge forum

9. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Thanks everyone for your replies and for the clarifications! I'm so glad I was able to share my page :)

londoncuppa likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

Yes, they count.