Keto diet

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by JillW, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I LOVE coconut oil in my coffee, it is my first line of caloric intake with my Stevia to start my day...after my synthroid...then my warm lemon water. I find it hard to eat breakfast for about an hour after that. I am still struggling to eat when I should and make it count.

mcurtt likes this.
  2. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Oh.Em.Gee.....I think I am in heaven..keto & scrappy peeps in the same place!! I've been Keto since Aug 2016 and it is amazing! Keto is the most sustainable way of eating I have ever tried. My goal was to be healthy, do everything I can to prevent T2D and Alzheimers, and lose weight. (Down about 25 lbs from Aug-Nov, maintained through the holidays, & now losing again!) I am a huge fan of the site & podcast 2 Keto Dudes (www.2ketodudes.com) and the forum they host at https://www.ketogenicforums.com. The forum is fairly new (they had a FB group that went from 0 to 10K members in 1 year and it wasn't a good format for that many people) but it's awesome as the Dudes are software developers and did an excellent job of designing how the forum works. I'm just finishing the book The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung, which I highly recommend. I also do a version of Bulletproof coffee like Marilyn mentioned, and I like to incorporate intermittent fasting.

Danyale, mcurtt and carilyne like this.
  3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Update for me......even though I went gluten-free, I have still been struggling this past month so I am ready to try the keto plan. I have eaten LC before but it was more Atkins style and keto is more fat and less protein. I tried my first bulletproof coffee this morning and am just floored. I would never have thought butter and coconut oil with a bit of stevia could be so good (I've never been able to enjoy coffee without milk/cream before). Plus, I've not felt hungry at all. This is a good morning drink for me b/c I'm not much of a breakfast eater so this is a good way to start my day.

@mcurtt I started reading her book last night Keto Cleanse. It's very informative and really well explains the basis of keto eating.

busywoman139 and mcurtt like this.
  4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@bcgal00 Yep, I am a Bullet-Proof fan. But since I am not a fan of coffee, I made it work for my tea. I just love how rich and yummy it is. Glad you found Maria. :-)

5. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Fat Chance is a very good book about reducing sugar and increasing fiber and healthy fats for better health.

busywoman139 likes this.
  6. Therapy97

Therapy97 Member

I also have followed the LCHF and kept diets since last may (16th to be exact). I lost 26.5 lbs in less than 6 months and hit my initial goal weight in that timeframe as well. I am still loosing and have new goals, but because I am in the weight range that my height and age say I should be, weight is coming off much more slowly. I would like to loose a few more pounds, but I am focusing on getting stronger and more lean now, which may be another reason for slow weight loss. I joined a Bootcamp style gym (HIIT 30 min classes) and go a minimum of 5 days a week. I have found something I love to do physically, finally, and have a new eating style that I love as well to go with it. I have never been healthier and as strong in my life as I am now. Please, everyone, try and find a Bootcamp type gym (where the only classes offered are HIIT) and start going... it is worth every penny and you can get done in as little as 30 mins from start to finish while seeing even quicker results with your eating correctly.

busywoman139 and mcurtt like this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

8. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

10. corsicar

corsicar Dinner tonight? Something chocolate I'm sure!

11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

What does Bart order at McDonald's?
    [​IMG]
    French flies and a diet croak!

12. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Update on me....loving keto. It is the perfect fit for me. I've lost 30 lbs since Feb and now it's slowed down to about a 1 a week. I hope to lose another 10 along the way but am in no rush now. I'm happy where I am so am not worried about how long it takes to lose that last 10. I think what will keep me on keto isn't the weight loss, it's everything else.
    • no brain fog
    • no afternoon fatigue
    • sleeping better
    • no achy joints
    • much less back pain
    • no more belly bloat
    • BP went down 30 pts to normal
    But the biggest thing for me that will keep me on keto is the absence of cravings. After a lifetime of craving food and then having the internal struggle to resist, it finally disappeared. I eat, feel satiated and then stop eating. If I feel hungry in between meals (I eat 2 meals a day with a bullet proof coffee in the morning) I eat a very small snack and feel satiated. I don't crave food at night anymore. This may not work for everyone but it's perfect for me. My only medical issue now is high cholesterol so hopefully six more months on this will give me a positive test result otherwise I have to go on meds but even if I do go on meds, I will still continue this lifestyle. I'm done with carbs. If anyone has any questions about keto, don't hesitate to ask me. I'm happy to help if I can.