Kate Hadfield's September Blog Template Challenge & Win $15 GC

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cfile, Sep 1, 2017.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Wow talk about time flying!! August flew by, and here we are in September! It is time for a new blog challenge at Kate Hadfield Designs! Before we get to the September Blog Template Challenge, we are going to announce the winner of the August challenge.

Kate has left the honors of choosing the winner to "Rafflecopter" as there are so many beautiful pages, it is hard to pick one! The winner for August is Glenda @gduncan with her Wild Kitty's page. (Glenda, please send Kate a private message here, to collect your prize!)

[​IMG]

Thank you to everyone who participated in the August challenge. Kate loves seeing what you create each month with her templates and how you personalize them, with your creative styles.

Now onto September, with a new template that is sure to be a fun one. The theme for this one is paper pieces! Kate & I often struggle to use patterned papers when scrapping and find that using smaller pieces of patterned paper helps us not be so intimidated by them. Kate created a template with lots of paper strips that can be used to showcase patterned papers, or any other papers that take your fancy!

[​IMG]

Here is my page with the fun template:

[​IMG]

Head on over to Kate's blog to pick up the free template (Please scroll down on Kate's blog for download links) and to see more inpiration pages from the rest of Kate's Creative Team . Enjoy & have fun with the template! You could win a $15 gift card to Kate's store!

THE CHALLENGE:
    1. Download the template from Kate's Blog. (Please scroll down until you see the "Download Template Here: PSD PNG Tiff" ) You can use it as is, flip it, resize it, anything you want to make it your own!
    2. Create a digital layout, hybrid layout, or even a card or other project. It can be any theme that you wish. The only requirement is that your page should include at least 50% Kate’s products.

*Please note: This has to be a new layout for the challenge*

If you are looking for some inspiration on how to use Kate's doodles, check out the huge Kate Hadfield Creative Team Pinterest board! You'll find 300+ layouts with all kinds of doodles & themes!

Or, go to Kate's blog to see all the layouts from her Creative Team using this template!

TO ENTER:
    1. Post your page in the Kate Hadfield gallery here at the Lilypad.
    2. Leave a comment in the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of the September challenge post on Kate's blog, linking back to your page by midnight EST on September 30th!

The winner will be announced along with the next blog challenge on October 1!

Just a reminder, Kate's Boys Night In and Bedheads are her featured kits for September. They will be on sale all month at 30% off until September 30th!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope you will join in with the challenge. We can't wait to see your wonderful pages! Good luck everyone!!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Kate and jenn mccabe like this.
  2. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

@cfile I get an error when I try to download the template file Christa :D Just a heads up!

3. cfile

Thanks Elisa @EHStudios I will let Kate know that Zip link is bad .. there i another link further down on the blog. Thanks for letting me know! @Kate

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    EHStudios likes this.
  4. cfile

@EHStudios If you scroll down on Kate's Blog above the rafflecopter box is a download link that works.

EHStudios likes this.
  5. EHStudios

Yay!! Thanks! That was quick! :D

cfile likes this.
  6. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

Oh wow, what a nice surprise that I won!!! Thank you! I have been trying! How do I PM Kate for the prize? I can't find the place to PM people!

Kate, cfile and Christina W like this.
  7. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Love this template! Here's mine -- thank you -- I had so much fun making it!

[​IMG]

Kate likes this.
  8. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

@gduncan I *think* you go to the Inbox in the upper RH corner and do "start a new conversation!" But someone else might know better than I. Congrats on your win -- I love your page with the beautiful wild cats!!

9. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, Christina! I tried that, and I hope I sent the PM to the right person!

Kate and cfile like this.
  10. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks for the fun template. Here's mine:
    [​IMG]

11. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you for the template!
    [​IMG]

12. EHStudios

Here's mine! Thanks for the template again!!

[​IMG]

13. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

What an awesome template! I had fun playing with it:

[​IMG]

klee73010, Kate and cfile like this.
  14. cfile

Glenda I am sorry I missed seeing this... at the top of the screen is an inbox. (has an envelope icon) click on that and choose new conversation. and then in the conversation part @Kate type Kate as who you are addressing. Then like you would an email put a subject... Use something like August Challenge Winner and then ask Kate your info so she can send you the gift code.

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Kate likes this.
  15. cfile

also Glenda if you put the @ symbol here in front of the person's name like yours : @gduncan will pull up the icon of the picture of the person and they will get an alert. If you do not quote or do the @symbol in the forum thread, no one will realize you replied to them as they won't get an alert. Hope that helps too! :)

Kate likes this.
  16. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Love the template, here is mine!

[​IMG]

cfile and klee73010 like this.
  17. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

cfile likes this.
  18. Electra

Electra Shutterbug

Congratulations to Glenda! I love all the LO's in the gallery! So colorful. Thanks for the great template!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  19. cfile

Popping up... Only 2 more days left to do the challenge for September. Sunday Kate will announce the winner and we will have another challenge. Also don't forget too of Kate's Guest CT call. That closes 10/1... don't miss out on either!

Good luck everyone!