June Journaling Challenge

Discussion in 'June 2016 Challenges' started by talktoheather, May 30, 2016.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

My father's Military Honors Memorial 4/19/2013 took my breath away when they handed me his flag.

[​IMG]

2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

It was hard to believe that we were actually in London, seeing all the things that you only read about in books.

[​IMG]

3. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

We loved Poland, but this was probably my favorite location we went to in Poland that just took my breathe away! Loved our hike and the Castle ruins and seeing the landscape around from the Castle hill. (This journaling will be on my partner page - this page I wanted to include the history).
    [​IMG]

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Climbing up to the Old English Fort - literally took our breath away!
    [​IMG]

Brendazzle likes this.
  5. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

6. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

7. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

8. AmandaJ

AmandaJ Adagio, or Allegro? I can't decide.

A pretty page about a panic attack, LOL! Thanks for the great challenge!
    [​IMG]

Brendazzle likes this.
  9. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Why yes, I CAN help you get to Disney!

Here's mine, it took our breathe away, but in a kinda bad way...the sulfer/rotten egg smell blew right on my daughters while at this geyser!
    [​IMG]

Brendazzle likes this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

One of the Best days of my life: My wedding day! :)

[​IMG]

weaselwatchr likes this.
  11. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

12. CathG

CathG Member

Just had to go back in and tack on "It takes my breath away" to the journaling!

[​IMG]

Brendazzle likes this.
  13. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

It sometimes takes my breath away how much my girls (6 years apart) look so much alike.
    [​IMG]

Brendazzle likes this.
  14. katell

katell CT - Sara Gleason

Mine with an amazing" souvenir" with pinguins!
    [​IMG]

goodtexan and Brendazzle like this.
  15. Melhope1230

Melhope1230 Well-Known Member

Here's mine. I may look like I'm having fun in this boat, but if you look closely I'm gripping the side of the boat for dear life!! I was nervous we would flip, this took my breath away!!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Brendazzle likes this.
  16. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

My husband and I enjoy every opportunity to get to walk through a rainforest and this is one walk we did on our anniversary weekend last year. The top right photo is only a small lower section of the falls. My camera did not do justice with the height of the falls - I had to put my head right back to see the top of them .

[​IMG]

Brendazzle and goodtexan like this.
  17. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

here is mine - I actually just journaled about this a few days before we got on the plane - so perfect timing really!
    [​IMG]

journaling reads:

I will be honest, this is by far the hardest move we have ever made. I could not quite put my finger on why it was so hard for the longest time, but on Wednesday night I sat by myself in what was left of our home and just sobbed.

My goal at the time was to finish clearing the house. To pack the last bit of what we were taking with us on the plane into our 10 allotted bags, and to box up what needed to be shipped so Jonathan could take it to post Thursday morning. The rest was to be donated or thrown away. We had been selling things for months, having "yard sales" for weeks, ad yet there were so many choices still to be made.

And it hit me.

It was the memories that were causing me so much trouble. The 3 foot stack of drawings that our oldest has accumulated over his 13 years of life. The innumerable little notes my sweet girl had written to me over the last 6 years. The photographs and the school papers. You can't sell those things, and we could not take all of them - it was just too expensive. But how do you choose which memories to keep and which ones to let fade?

It is a normal part of life, this fading of memories, but usually we don't have to consciously choose which ones to hold on to. In most cases it just happens, without our even noticing.

Each time we left the US we simply packed those memories away with our family we were leaving behind to rediscover each time we returned. When we moved from Burma to Thailand we bagged up those memories and our sweet friends slowly brought them over to us over the course of the next year. But this time there was no where to leave them, no one to bring them to us. We had to choose and it was hard.

And as I realized what I had to do in order to finish my task, I just allowed myself to grieve each memory that I had to leave behind. Because if there is one thing I have learned in the past 15 years it is that I have to let grief have its place if I am ever going to find healing.

So I cried over the scribbled drawings and drippy paintings. I smiled and chuckled over the funny little notes with sweet words. I touched the little keepsakes that had to be left behind and said goodbye to memories that would soon be crowded out by new ones.

And I took time to just sit and say goodbye to the memories that swam in the house around me. The sound of the children's laughter as they played together, their feet pounding on the stairs. The frogs singing their lullaby in the orchard behind us and the tokays calling out to each other.

We had only lived in this house for 2.5 years, but that was longer than we had lived anywhere for a long time. This was the house where my youngest learned to walk, to talk, to navigate stairs and express himself. It is where my oldest shared his first crush, and started on the teenage journey to adult hood. It is where my middle finally lost a tooth, and found her voice to share her thoughts with the world around her. There are a lot of memories in that house.

And finally it was done. The house was cleared, the bags were packed, far too many boxes were addressed and ready to be shipped and a forlorn pile of things that had to be left behind sat in the living room.

It was done. I said goodbye, turned out the lights and locked the door. Time to find a new home.

Attached Files:

weaselwatchr and Brendazzle like this.
  18. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

19. KarenZkrap

KarenZkrap CT - Kate Hadfield

The happiness are only moments and this page represents a moment of great happiness in my life...

[​IMG]

Credits
    :
    Doodles -All The Everydays- & -That's Life- (Kate Hadfield)
    Paper -Painted Pretties- (Kate Hadfield)
    Kit -Fresh Air- (Bella Gypsy)
    Others: Photo Mask -Torn Treasures- (Pink Reptile) & Styles -Holiday- (Mommyish)

=)

20. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy