July 2018 Book Club - Before We Were Yours

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by Karen, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen My Christmas Wish came TRUE!

The votes are in and we have our next batch of books for 2018! Woo-hoo! :) Like I've been doing the last couple of times, I am posting the next few months (May-August) all at once, so we can all get these books on hold at our libraries in time. :) The book we will be reading for July 2018 is Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate. Please label spoilers or even type them in white like I just did right here (highlight that blank space) so that a person has to highlight it to read it.

[​IMG]

2. djp332

djp332 Tomorrow is another day!

LOL, I'm 335 on the Kindle list at the library!

KellyM likes this.
  3. Karen

That is just not cool. Wow! I don't even think we have that many people in my town that USE our online library. I sure hope they have a bunch of copies! I'm up to #42 with 6 copies! That's still about 14 weeks of waiting, but I think I'll get it by July at least! Good luck with your wait!

4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

My reading isn't consistent lately, but I really want to read this one. I put a hold on the book at my local library, 39 copies and I'm 154 of 154 in line...that was crazy to me, so I did a quick Google search and found a seller on ebay selling unused copies for $1.39 with FREE shipping!

@djp332 and @Karen in case you'd like to just order the book here is the link.

**edit** it's an ebook LOL!! Guess I should have read the description a bit better...doh!

Karen and djp332 like this.
  5. djp332

djp332 Tomorrow is another day!

Funny thing is that this week I got 3 notices of books that I've reserved! The first one that I already started is 640 pages. I'll never read that in 3 weeks. A friend told me that if I turn off the wi-fi the library can't end my loan.

tinkerbell1112 and Karen like this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels Perfectly happy smack in the middle

I just went to my library website and put holds on Britt-Marie, Bernadette, and Before We Were Yours. I'm #3 for the first two, but for Before... the paper and ebooks had about 60 people ahead of me and the audiobook, which I chose, has 15 people ahead of me! Wow! It must be great!

Karen likes this.
  7. MrsEm

MrsEm Active Member

I think I'll make it.. maybe. I placed a hold for this book on March 1st and I'm currently #71 in line of 50 copies.

Karen likes this.
  8. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Great book!!!

Karen likes this.
  9. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

[​IMG]

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Feeling lazy with my coffee and book

Finished it this week and really liked it so much more than I was expecting. It's in my top 10 faves now for this year. That's what I love about our reading group, there are so many books recommended that I probably never would have read had it not been suggested here. So, for me, this book was another winner!

tinkerbell1112, umyesh and Karen like this.
  11. umyesh

umyesh Swooning for warm bread & butter

I read this in one day. I couldn't stop reading! Loved it. I understand now why the wait lists are so long.

Karen likes this.
  12. Karen

It's killing me how long it's taking for my turn at the library! :giggle I just checked and I'm still number 22. :waiting

umyesh likes this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh Swooning for warm bread & butter

This comment made me realize I should return my book asap haha I always forget after I finish a book!

14. Karen

I do that way too often too! Oopsy! :)

umyesh likes this.
  15. MrsEm

MrsEm Active Member

All done! I feel so so sad about Gabion. I can't wait to discuss this one, I really liked it.

umyesh likes this.