Journaling practices

Discussion in 'Journaling and Storytelling' started by Lynnette, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

No worries on the hijacking! I love to chat about apps too. I've always been jealous of the collect app (android gal here) so I'm excited to check out Journey. I have also heard of IFTTT and I think I used a couple recipes when they first started years ago... I think the possibilities there are endless but I'm not very creative to think of ways to use it!

klee73010 likes this.
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

On that note, I downloaded journey, so I can check it out... but also "365" which seems like it is supposed to be similar to the 5 year journal I wanted to do. So... I'm going to try them both out and see how I like them.
    I also want to try my bujo again, as Anne posted. I checked out the videos she linked, and loved it again. I am consistent with using my Bujo for scrapbooking... Lists upon lists in my bujo for stories to tell and tagging of photos and supplies, etc... so I really should go back to trying to write everything there, and it would make Project Life journaling so much easier. Lol!

3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I loved Oh Life. When it closed I found a similar site, that also let me upload my ohlife file so it's all together. It's called Mail Diary. The guy who created it made it because of that Google "Dear Sophie" ad a few years ago. It's simple, but it works, and it's free.

I also have Journey on my Android phone. It's similar to the collect app - you can journal for the day, and add photos to your post. I paid for the app, I can't remember if the option to download was part of the free app or the paid part. I like to have an exit strategy.

As far as a physical journal. I was also a more prolific writer as a kid, and am trying to get back into it. I found I had to buy a new journal style that I liked (ring bound instead of hardbound), and I keep a pen with my journal. I keep it by my bed so I know where it is and it's ready to go. Still not great at it, but better than I was last year. They say it's 21 days to a habit, so I'm going to try creating that habit again.

4. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

@bestcee kept encouraging me on my WITL album which meant I needed to journal because the pages were taking to long (almost done but I did all of May). That kept me in the habit. Except this week when I hit burn out on life. But I'll catch it up. Sometimes it's only what I did that day, others it's more the emotions and deeper stuff, but whatever it is, it sure helps to have something to look back on when I'm doing scrapbook pages.
    Now if I could master a photo a day.

bestcee likes this.
  5. bestcee

Aw, I'm so glad you've kept going! I think you are going to love it when it's done!

6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I have three pages or so to go and then the cover. I love it already. Have gone back and read several pages. June/July will have to be highlights and lowlights with no pics which is ok. Art journal here I come. Thanks for cheering me on.
    I'm thinking magazine cover for the album cover but just haven't found the right idea. Maybe a spark will hit me.

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

I love the magazine cover you created! The spark hit you full on!

carilyne likes this.