January 4: Change Your View (Photography Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by bcnatty, Jan 4, 2018.

1. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Hello everyone and welcome to Day 4 of the MOC!! I am here bringing you the first photo challenge of this wonderful month formerly known as January.

As scrapbookers, we are constantly taking photos, yet we mostly take them from the same vantage points...either straight on or slightly above (you know, the flattering selfie point of view!!) While these photos are all perfect (at least in my mind :giggle) we all can strive to push our own personal boundaries to better ourselves as photographers and scrappers.

My challenge to you is to find a unique point of view or an untraditional angle to capture your subject from.
    Broaden your lens and capture your subjects differently than your usual point of view. In order to simplify the many different choices you have I am going to narrow it down to four choices that you must choose from:
    1. Become the subject: shoot the photo from the angle of the subject. For example, a shot of a child playing with a toy shown as though you were looking through the child's eyes (the toys and their hands visible, but not their face or body)
    2. Worm's Eye View: Shot from below the subject, this viewpoint makes the viewer feels as though the subject is in control of the situation. Looking up at a subject instinctively makes us feel small.
    3. Bird's Eye View: Shot from above, this viewpoint allows the viewer to feel superior to the subject or conveys a sense of protectiveness of the subject.
    4. Framing in Composition: This photo will have an object in the foreground that frames or highlights your subject. This will help set the scene and draw the viewer into the image

Here is my layout with my photo where I became the subject.

[​IMG]

The Rules:
    You must choose 1 of the 4 options given above to showcase a photograph from a different point of view.
    Because we love you all so much and we want you to be able to scrap your memories (old and new), you may use a previously taken photo OR you can take a new picture for this challenge!!

And that's all you have to do!! I can't wait to see the beautiful pictures and layouts that you will flood the gallery with!!

As usual:
    Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

2. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Cool challenge! Can we use more than one photo if the focal photo meets the requirement?

bcnatty likes this.
  3. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

Yes, your main photo should meet the requirements set above. Otherwise, you can use as many photos as you would like!!

AJK likes this.
  4. SheriScraps

SheriScraps Well-Known Member

Here is my page! I used the "Framing in Composition". I took this of my daughter for her Senior photos and love the light and how the branches frame her. I did not like the hard edge of the photo and the paper when I just scrapped the page. I tried to soften it by adding a texture. If anyone has another idea, let me know!
    [​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/day4_nimmo.326646/

5. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

If I understood correctly, I did # 2 - Worms Eye View, looking up.

[​IMG]

Graciela1, elk2009, {Laura} and 3 others like this.
  6. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I used #3 Bird's Eye View looking down at Scarlet who had just dropped the ball and rolled it towards my feet.
    [​IMG]

paivi, LynnG, Graciela1 and 4 others like this.
  7. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

great challenge - thank you so much
    here is my page - I used shot from below the subject (#2)

[​IMG]

ziesenil, tammybean004, LynnG and 6 others like this.
  8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I chose 1, become the subject
    [​IMG]

MrsGaramer, LynnG, Graciela1 and 3 others like this.
  9. Tinci

Tinci Well-Known Member

I used Bird's eye view:

[​IMG]

Graciela1, bcnatty and {Laura} like this.
  10. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

11. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Birds Eye View:

[​IMG]

LynnG, Graciela1, bcnatty and 2 others like this.
  12. Jan

Jan I'm sorry, I can't. I'm busy doing nothing!

Birds Eye View of a tiny little town we visited a while back.

[​IMG]

13. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

my page.. method 4 framing.. woke up at 2:30am to a winter wonderland.. rare for us I took this photo and then I saw the challenge, and I was like - perfect!!! now to enjoy the rest of the Blizzard :)
    [​IMG]

LynnG, Graciela1, bcnatty and 9 others like this.
  14. Isa Marks

Isa Marks Pollywog

15. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I so totally did this when my eldest was a baby. I wanted to see what the world looked like from the pram/play nest etc. I wonder if I got as far as scrapping those photos.

Update:
    no I didn't scrap them, but I can't find the photos - looks like hubby culled them. He has a habit of deleting my photos when he goes through his own ones removing the ones he thinks are rubbish photos or when there are too many of the same shot. He takes so many, I can understand why he culls his photos, but I wish he'd check with me before deleting mine.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  16. kirstiegai

kirstiegai Trick or Treat, RUB by feet!

17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I have a photo that kind of works but trying to figure out which of the 4 categories it fits. Will upload in the morning and see if it works

18. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I chose 1 Become the Subject
    My husband just happened to be cutting timber today so I took a photo from the angle that it looks like I am holding the chainsaw ( except my arms are not that hairy :flirty ) Then tonight he shared that this possibly will be his last lot of sawing up of timber. He is starting to ease back on all the woodwork he is doing as he will be 73 this year and last year had a massive heart attack.
    [​IMG]

19. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Framing it my choice , this is a photo I took last year, but it is one of my favourites
    [​IMG]

Graciela1, bcnatty, elk2009 and 3 others like this.
  20. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I chose #2 Worm's eye view. This is not really a Christmas tree but rather a big metal frame with evergreen garlands, lights, baubles etc. on the way to our Christmas market.

[​IMG]

LynnG, Graciela1, bcnatty and 3 others like this.