January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. scrumptious

scrumptious Well-Known Member

What a great challenge! I immediately thought of doing a then+now with scrapbook layouts, and that seems like a perfect way to end my first MOC where I have grown so much as a scrapper.

@lmccandless, before I get started, I want to confirm that using two images of digital scrapbook layouts would count as photos for this challenge?

2. dkane

dkane Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    DAY 31 Then and Now (The Last Day)
    Credits
    Kristin Aagard
    Slumber Party-Pierced-Pea in a Pod-Happy Birthday
    Collab Makers Gonna Make
    Template Scrap Your Stories by Brook Magee.

3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

I was thinking of doing one of those layouts for a long time. So that challenge was more than welcome.

[​IMG]

lmccandless and disneysheryl65 like this.
  4. lorieh

lorieh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the challenge! I've been needing to do a then & now page for a long time. 23 years slipped by quickly! (Trumpet blair) 31 days done...can't believe it. Here is my page:
    [​IMG]

lmccandless and threadjungle like this.
  5. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Ah sigh...MOC 6 over ...and among the many ideas that came to me, this one was also wistful as it includes another ending. Journaling in the credits.
    [​IMG]

6. lvancura

lvancura Well-Known Member

I can't believe MOC 6 is over :(. Thanks for another fantastic month of challenges. I loved all the new ones this year!

[​IMG]

7. mollyscraps

mollyscraps Feeding everyone's sweet tooth

Hmmmm... so the dates are on the tags hanging from the pics. Minimalism is not my usual style and I can see where it might be a problem here. I will keep and eye out for an email in case I need to change the layout. The dates are Jan 12, 2017 and Jan 18,2018.

[​IMG]

lmccandless and heathert like this.
  8. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I already shared this layout earlier in the thread but the link was not working and for some reason it would not allow me to correct it so I am sharing this a second time so again, Thankyou Laura for this challenge and for the whole of MOC6 which I have thoroughly enjoyed.

[​IMG]

lmccandless and Carol K. like this.
  9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

MOC 6 has been a wonderful experience. I struggled with only one challenge but persevered! Thanks to all who make MOC happen. :yourock

[​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  10. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Loved this challenge. 259 words.
    [​IMG]

11. binty

binty Member

my last layout for MOC 6. yay ! I did it :). so so happy.
    Thank-u everyone at the Lilypad team for hosting and all the amazing challenges and inspiration. awesome amazing layouts all around. :)

here is my final LO :
    [​IMG]

12. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

13. lou

lou Well-Known Member

And i'm done! yeah!
    [​IMG]

lmccandless likes this.
  14. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

15. Kegger

Kegger Well-Known Member

16. tw1717

tw1717 Pretty in Pink

Then and Now
    Credits:
    Paislee Press/Fei Fei - Embrace kit
    Paislee Press - Sorriso Kit
    SugarPlum/Sahlin - Treasured Moments kit
    FDD - template

I chose 2 photos from my parents wedding (cutting cake and feeding each other cake) and 2 photos from their 50th doing the same thing....
    Journaling reads:

Then and Now…..My parents had a great marriage and great love for each other….my dad loved my mom unconditionally no matter what and through everything….her breast cancer in 2010, all the treatments and he was right there through when it came back in 2015 in her bones…my mom was the love his life and likewise he was hers. She loved to give him a hard time with his hearing but she loved him with her whole heart. When she got sick in 2015 her greatest wish to was to make it to their 50th anniversary in 2016. She did that and more…her next bucket list was her 70th birthday in 2017. Sadly she died 10 days before her birthday but she was surrounded by her kids and grandkids and most of all the love her life, my dad. He barely left her side and while of course he wishes she didn’t go, he knows she is no longer in pain and suffering. I was honored to host their 50th anniversary party at my house. We used their original cake topper on the cake and we recreated some of the photos from their wedding to have a then and now memory.

[​IMG]

17. Tammys_Scrapping

Tammys_Scrapping Well-Known Member

Thank you for the challenge.
    [​IMG]
    Credits: Lynn Grieveson ~ Starry Woods, Scrapping With Liz ~ free template, font ~ Georgia

Journaling reads:
    Wow! 1992! Hard to believe we have lived in our home for almost 25 years now!! Back then in 1992, Steve and I had four sons, Micah, Adam, Isaiah, and Nathan. We moved into our home in 1993 and celebrated Nathan's first birthday here. The rooms in our home continued to fill up as we welcomed three more sons, Elijah, Aaron, and Josiah within the next five years of living here.
    As one can imagine with seven boys living in it, this house took its fair share of wear and tear. I'm grateful it was well built and no walls have fallen. There are a few holes that need some repair, though and some windows that need to be replaced. The upstairs deck needs to be totally replaced and there is a desperate need for some painting outside and inside.

The occupants continue to grow less as the boys have
    married and created homes of their own. Right now, we are down to just Aaron and Josiah living here. Well, not really just those two, because Nathan, Joy, and grandson Steven have been living with us since August of 2017. They are currently making a decision about where they'll be moving to. Aaron is getting married in June of this year and I'm sure it won't be long before Josiah asks his girlfriend for her hand in marriage, too.

We've thought of downsizing, but...our home is the gathering spot for family get-togethers and this place is filled with SO many memories that moving would be one tough thing to do! There is nothing like our Home Sweet Home!!

lmccandless and bonnenuit like this.
  18. Erin Taylor

Erin Taylor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Thanks for a great challenge! This was my 1st MOC and I feel awesome that I got it finished! It has been tough but it feels great to be done! Thanks again!

19. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

[​IMG]

Journaling - 186 words
    "Like a few moments ago, you were a playful and naughty kid, now you are a teenager almost as tall as I am, preoccupied about how his hair looks like, youtube and chat. I do not know how the years have flown so fast and I feel like this transformation has happened overnight. There are 12 years between the two pictures. Then you were almost 2 years old, now you are almost 13. They were beautiful years, there were wonderful moments, we had difficult moments as well, because that's life. And hopefully you will let us enjoy you as much time as possible, gather countless memories and put them on the shelves of smiles and happiness. And when I'll be old, and you a fulfilled man, please, let me look at your beautiful smile, touch your dimple on your chin, and the black and bright eyes warm my soul. And let me imagine that you have two years old again, that you are nesting in my arms and looking at me as if I were the best thing in your life, as you are for me."

20. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!