January 31: Then + Now (the last day!!)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by lmccandless, Jan 31, 2018.

1. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

The photos and the journaling need to refer to a person, thing or events at least a year apart. You must use the then and now guideline as well.

Mylinn likes this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Great finish-love the challenge.. (word count 265)

[​IMG]

3. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

[​IMG]

Text:
    It always means that you notice how quickly time passes when you have children. As a kid I found the saying silly. Meanwhile, I know that the saying is true.
    Then: Somehow you do not enjoy the time with your little kids enough. All the achievements, such as crawling, learning to walk and talk, go by way too fast. But we have a lot of photos and videos to remember the good times.
    Now: My daughters are now 11 and 14 years old.
    Your independence is great. It's great to see what they have done so far. They take care of their friendships and pets, are good at school, have good manners and enjoy life. Only photography is slowly becoming more difficult. Sometimes it is stupid for both. My husband and I are sometimes embarrassed. That's why I enjoy the few moments when it's different. Then they talk about their worries, fears, ideas and plans, we cuddle or make nonsense with each other.

lmccandless and threadjungle like this.
  4. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

lmccandless, jesskab, KellyM and 2 others like this.
  5. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

Click link to view text
    [​IMG]
    Corrected:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Mylinn, KellyM and threadjungle like this.
  6. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

mine :
    [​IMG]

the translation is in the gallery and I've highlighted the words Then and Now in the translation
    thank you for this amazing month of challenges

lmccandless, KellyM and threadjungle like this.
  7. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

January 31 - Then and Now Challenge

***An updated version is in the gallery. It didn't propogate to this thread - I corrected and added dates to the photos***

[​IMG]
    And with this, I complete the MOC 6!

Journaling:
    It is hard to believe that so many years have passed between these two photos. Our “Then” picture was taken in 1968, when we still lived in Santa Ana. I have very little memory of this house, or this particular Christmas. My memories seem to start in 1969 when we moved to the house I grew up in. My sister is seven years older than I am, and my brother is 18 months older. We grew up in a pretty much normal suburban environment - school, church, lazy summers by the pool. The “Now” picture was taken in 2016 and it was at a not so fun location: our mother’s burial. It’s amazing to me how fast time has flown from being those tow head blondes with nothing to worry about except what games we were going to play today to the three grown siblings with families and responsibilities. We are all different people with one common thread: Blood. We love fiercely, and will always be family no matter how much time passes by before we see each other in person again. I live in Las Vegas and they are both in California, so visits are few and far between lately.

Credits:
    Etc by Danyale - "Yesterday"
    One Little Bird - "Thrive" word art

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  8. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

@lmccandless

Is the date within the journaling clearly enough marked, or does it need to be ON or near the photographs?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  9. nhudao

nhudao Well-Known Member

10. JenniferHignite

JenniferHignite Well-Known Member

11. MariSt

MariSt Well-Known Member

And that's a wrap! Might be my favorite from the month. Someone must be cutting onions in here!
    [​IMG]

lmccandless, Mylinn, KellyM and 2 others like this.
  12. Megan H

Megan H Well-Known Member

Woohoo... with this layout, I wrap up 31 days of scrapping! Thanks for all the fun :-)
    [​IMG]

13. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

LOVE this!!
    Your page is fantastic...and though I was a little ‘freaked’ when the first challenge requiring 150+ words posted, then another and another- you ladies have actually made me a better journaler!!! I seriously thank you for that, as I’ve usually been more focused on the photos and design- even though I had more memories to say about the page most of the time but wasn’t comfortable with adding all of my words.

Seriously, thank you all for everything, once again.

lmccandless and heathert like this.
  14. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

15. AmandaDawnRN

AmandaDawnRN Active Member

YAY! Glad to end with an easy one. I have 3 pages left to do. I think I will probably totally steal your idea of school photos as I have a tiny girl that grew into a giant tween.

16. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Thanks to all who helped make this a wonderful Month of Challenges. I only had to pull my hair out one day in this month to meet the challenge. That's a good thing. Here's my final layout -- 31 done!
    [​IMG]

I forgot to say 153 words of journaling.

lmccandless likes this.
  17. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

Done, done and DONE! Woohoo! Wordcount is 177:
    [​IMG]

18. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

My final one! I finished!
    I have 154 words.

[​IMG]

19. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

[​IMG]

Here's mine! Thanks for this challenge and all the other challenges : it's been a blast!!

The journalling reads :

This is one of my favourite ever photos of Daniel and Evie, taken when we visited the Welsh Mountain Zoo with the family. Back then Evie had just turned three years old and Daniel was two and a half. Evie was poking her head through the hole, ready for a photo (as always!) and I asked Dan to go and poke his head through the other hole. He did exactly as I asked him, of course! It was so cute and funny! Mark and Daniel recreated the laughter when we visited the same zoo a few years later. I should have asked Daniel to stand on the wrong side like he did before. We visit the zoo each time we are in that part of Wales. I shall have to do a 2018 version very soon! I will make the most of these moments, now that Daniel is ten he might be less willing to indulge his mother with silly poses in the future...

20. huyentrang43

huyentrang43 Well-Known Member