January 3: Mood Board Challenge (Inspiration)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by jenn mccabe, Jan 3, 2018.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

For those of you who posted just your mood board, please REPOST your mood board when you post your page. Thanks!!

2. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

I love Mood Boards!! Here is mine:

[​IMG]

And my page (inspired by the bright colors, center quote, artistic faces and fox illustration:

[​IMG]

LynnG, imperio, tammybean004 and 5 others like this.
  3. ninigoesdigi

ninigoesdigi Designer

Here is my moodboard and my page.

moodboard-tlp-challenge.jpg

[​IMG]

4. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Here is my Mood Board; I'll be back later in the day with my page:

[​IMG]

LynnG, Christina W and redplaid3 like this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hi Debbie!

Like Justine mentioned earlier ... maybe start with a color palette? They are one of the easiest things to be inspired by! You can find them on google images or Pinterest.

If you have a Pinterest board - look at what you already pinned and use those images that first spoke to you for one reason or another! If you don't use Pinterest, consider using it for this challenge. Take my list of prompts : and type a few (one at a time) in the Pinterest search bar and see what populates. Maybe you will be inspired by a "poster" or "typography" image to create a "new to you" title? Maybe a "photograph" you see on Pinterest will remind you of a photo of your own that you want to scrap with? Maybe you are channeling a warm sunny beach (since it's really cold in a lot of parts of the world at the moment!) ... type in "beach" and see what colors comes up. Typing in seasons ... summer, autumn, etc ... is a great way to create a seasonal mood board. There are tons of mood boards already in this thread with winter and autumn themes to help you get ideas how to approach this challenge.

If you have a favorite flower - maybe a "photograph" - a "pattern" created with that flower's image - an "illustration" of the flower - or the color palette that is similar to your favorite flower can inspire a page?

If you type in "layout design" or something similar ... lots of magazine or graphic layouts will populate. This is great inspiration for how to place photos on a canvas and can be the start of a great scrapbook page design.

Like Justine said ... I hope looking through all the mood boards and pages that are here now gives you a better understanding of how to approach this? No worries what your mood board looks like. Just plop down at least three images that appeal to you/inspire you and place them on a 600 x 600 pixel image - it doesn't have to be fancy. Feel free to PM if you need more help! :)

londoncuppa and bellbird like this.
  6. jenn mccabe

Gill and Justine answered this ... thank you ladies! But just in case ...
    You can just do it with your digi program same as you would make any LO. Keep it small for this thread though please. 600 pixels is all that is needed.
    If you want to place the images in a found template - from the store or found free online that is fine. We just want to see your three images and the page inspired by it in ONE post. Your mood board does not have to be fancy! :)

bellbird likes this.
  7. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am really struggling with this challenge and feel rather rusty with layout ideas in general - wanted to make my board not too themed and more colour and pattern based so that I can have more options when I finally get to scrap and I’ve ended up with what I feel is a super themed board. At the moment it’s just a pinterest board til I’m on my laptop but I’m feeling really stuck and uninspired even though at some point I want to scrap my graduation. Can anyone help me based on my pinterest board? I really like the black script quote and was thinking of using that to base my layout around but it’s not really thematically related to my graduation - thinking more my challenges around job searching. I tried looking at colours and patterns as well but none jumping out at me https://pin.it/i7jjsg6fcjmelm

8. jenn mccabe

Jennifer - I can't see your image. You can directly upload it to the thread with the upload a file button.

littlekiwi likes this.
  9. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

i have never made a mood board. not even sure i understand what one is ..but heres to learning...and also how do you do the collage of the mood board? is there a template or a place to find ones for mood boards?

10. shastahun

shastahun Active Member

Here's my mood board. Be back later with my completed scrapbook page! MOC3InspirationBoard.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  11. littlekiwi

@jenn mccabe its not an image at the moment, it’s a pinterest board but I’ll do a screen shot of what I have so far

Attached Files:

12. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Here is my mood board:
    upload_2018-1-3_8-57-12.png

Here is my layout. Inspired by the colours, the pumpkins, and fall theming.

[​IMG]

LynnG and jenn mccabe like this.
  13. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

lots to learn .....how do you do a color palette?

14. jenn mccabe

I love what you have so far ... I don't think it's too theme-y at all! I would totally base your page around that awesome quote - it's gorgeous! You are saying you want more patterns - so I would start with searching patterns to see what appeals to you and add some interesting ones in. For me your mood board totally has a color palette going on ... white black golds glitter and sparkle, creams and neutrals - it's lovely! I love the inky black handwriting and I see lines and stripes forming as some interesting patterns. Also maybe the idea of the arrows ... moving forward to the next thing after graduation ? job? maybe arrows can be incorporated into your page design?

15. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

so to clarify - we create the board and post the actual board, not a pinterest board? Hmm... here's my first challenge of the month. hahha. I've never been one for mood boards. I guess I don't always understand how to create them, though I LOVE looking at other peoples.

16. jenn mccabe

Hi Bobbie! This was answered a few times early on in the thread ... but here's a recap of my post above and other's suggestions:

-You can just do it with your digi program same as you would make any LO.
    -Keep it small for this thread though please. 600 pixels is all that is needed.
    -If you want to place the images in a found template - from the store or found free online that is fine. We just want to see your three images and the page inspired by it in ONE post. Your mood board does not have to be fancy!
    -Googling free mood board templates was suggested too

hope that helps!

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  17. bjc

bjc Trophy Wife

me too

18. littlekiwi

@tinkerbell1112 im only using a pinterest board while i’m using my ipad so that I find all my inspiration once im on my laptop to create my mood board, sorry if what I said confused you

19. jenn mccabe

If you want to create a new Pinterest board with a few images just for this challenge and let Pinterest do the work of "displaying it" - I'm fine with you adding the image sized to 600 pixels here. Do not just add a link for your actual challenge entry. I'm not looking for anything fancy - I really just want to see your collection of at least 3 images ... that will then inspire a page. :)

Jennifer was just asking for help that's why she linked hers.

20. lulyg14

lulyg14 Testosterone Overload

[​IMG]Love this idea...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

LynnG and jenn mccabe like this.