January 2018 Monthly MUSE

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Jan 2, 2018.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Since January is the Annual MONTH OF CHALLENGES which you can find HERE and should definitely look into, even if you are not up to doing the whole month, there will not be and OFFICIAL Monthly Muse this month.

BUT, if you have finished your daily dose of MOC and need a little extra inspiration for scrapping, journaling or playing, I might just be able to help you out.

We had some awesome suggestions for inspirational ideas this year and one was to use the National DAY calendar. I LOVE that idea, so this month, when you are needing a little extra inspiration why not consider what day it is.​

So, today, January 2, is:

NATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION DAY | NATIONAL PERSONAL TRAINER AWARENESS DAY | NATIONAL BUFFET DAY | NATIONAL CREAM PUFF DAY

What can you make inspired from those FUN "Holidays"?" I can already think of a few scrapbook pages that I need to make for sure.

Or, if those don't appeal to you, look through the other options for this week!
    You can visit the site yourself HERE

Or I will list them below as well for convenience.

JANUARY 1, 2018 | NEW YEAR’S DAY | NATIONAL HANGOVER DAY | NATIONAL BLOODY MARY DAY | NATIONAL THANK GOD IT’S MONDAY DAY

JANUARY 2, 2018 | NATIONAL SCIENCE FICTION DAY | NATIONAL PERSONAL TRAINER AWARENESS DAY | NATIONAL BUFFET DAY | NATIONAL CREAM PUFF DAY

JANUARY 3, 2018 | NATIONAL CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY DAY | NATIONAL DRINKING STRAW DAY | NATIONAL FRUITCAKE TOSS DAY

JANUARY 4, 2018 | NATIONAL SPAGHETTI DAY | NATIONAL TRIVIA DAY

JANUARY 5, 2018 | NATIONAL SCREENWRITERS DAY | NATIONAL BIRD DAY | NATIONAL WHIPPED CREAM DAY

So there you go, all the little known National Days from here in the US. I know we have a global community here at the PAD, but feel free to find inspiration in these fun tidbits. Everything goes, scrapbook pages, ATC, Art journaling. Whatever strikes your fancy. The come show us what you made so we can enjoy your creativity.

**NOTE** I am still unable to scrap due to the cast and hand movement restrictions, so I cannot make any samples for you just yet, but will as soon as I can!

Mylinn, michelepixels and A-M like this.
  2. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

I LOVE using "National Holidays" as inspiration for challenges. Just might have to make one for tomorrow - National Chocolate Covered Cherry Day; YUM!!!

Hope your healing is progressing well and you'll soon be back scrapping with us.

I couldn't wait for tomorrow so created this ATC for National Science Fiction Day:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

To be honest, I don't get the whole National so and so day (we don't have them at all, or, rather, if we do nobody knows about them), but they sure are fun to get inspiration from.

National cream puff day, yummy!

Get well soon!

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I know my brain will be fried, taking it easy this month:

[​IMG]

Nemla and A-M like this.
  5. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

This is fun thanks
    [​IMG]

mcurtt likes this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hope you are recovering quickly, Erin. Thx for the added inspiration for the month while we all play along with MOC.

7. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

8. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

9. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

First, thank you so much for posting these!! I missed getting started this first week, but picked National Drinking Straw Day....my roomie and I go nearly daily to Sonic to drink from the Route 44 Fountain with these :happydance2

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Got to go to our favorite Indian haunt...[​IMG]

Mylinn likes this.
  11. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member