January 2018 Monthly MUSE - Week 2

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by mimisgirl, Jan 9, 2018.

1. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Hello, and how is everyone? Are you enjoying the MOC?

I see that a few of you had a little fun with the ideas for last week, so I thought I would come back and give you the "Holidays" for this week to play with once your MOC pages are complete.

On a good note - I GOT MY CAST OFF!! And I am typing for MYSELF today!! I still can't bend my thumb all that well ( so lots of typos, lol, but at least I can get a few things done while the teenager is in school now! YAY!!)

So, if you recall this week we are looking to sweet and simple inspiration from the somewhat wacky daily National Day of Holidays that occur here in the USA.

Now, you can visit the site yourself HERE, or browse what I have copied for you below.

So today for JANUARY 9, 2018​

NATIONAL SHOP FOR TRAVEL DAY | NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT APPRECIATION DAY | NATIONAL STATIC ELECTRICITY DAY | NATIONAL APRICOT DAY

A glance a this week is as follows:

January 8, 2018 | NATIONAL CLEAN OFF YOUR DESK DAY | NATIONAL BUBBLE BATH DAY | NATIONAL JOYGERM DAY | NATIONAL WINTER SKIN RELIEF DAY | NATIONAL ARGYLE DAY | NATIONAL ENGLISH TOFFEE DAY

JANUARY 9, 2018 NATIONAL SHOP FOR TRAVEL DAY | NATIONAL LAW ENFORCEMENT APPRECIATION DAY | NATIONAL STATIC ELECTRICITY DAY | NATIONAL APRICOT DAY

JANUARY 10, 2018 | NATIONAL OYSTERS ROCKEFEFELLER DAY | NATIONAL BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE DAY | NATIONAL CUT YOUR ENERGY COSTS DAY | NATIONAL SAVE THE EAGLES DAY

JANUARY 11, 2018 | NATIONAL ARKANSAS DAY | NATIONAL HUMAN TRAFFICKING AWARENESS DAY | NATIONAL MILK DAY |NATIONAL STEP IN THE PUDDLE AND SPLASH YOUR FRIENDS DAY

JANUARY 12, 2018 | NATIONAL KISS A GINGER DAY | NATIONAL CURRIED CHICKEN DAY | NATIONAL MARZIPAN DAY | NATIONAL PHARMACIST DAY

So there you go, all the little known National Days from here in the US. I know we have a global community here at the PAD, but feel free to find inspiration in these fun tidbits. Everything goes, scrapbook pages, ATC, Art journaling. Whatever strikes your fancy. The come show us what you made so we can enjoy your creativity.​

mcurtt likes this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Glad to hear that you are improving. Right now I am in a San Diego hotel, doing a medical trip to Mexico tomorrow for DH. I hope to continue the month with the format I used for week one, but that is not going to happen until next week, after we return home.

mimisgirl likes this.
  3. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

no worries @mcurtt you do you - there is no pressure at all! Good luck on your medical trip!!

mcurtt likes this.
  4. Pups_r_Paps

Pups_r_Paps Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are getting back to normal.

I jumped the gun and posted my Week 2 ATC in the previous forum, so here it is again - I chose "Save the Eagles Day":

[​IMG]

Nemla and Mylinn like this.
  5. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Ahh, I'm all out of order this month. Week one and three below finally let me really play with the Circus M3 kit. Wheee. Week two will come soon as I run to a local gas-beer-pizza-bait-lotto-smokes-truckers & factory & nightshift workers Delight to snap a photo. (one or more employees has a whole string of stuff in the front window)

[​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  6. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you are getting better. I did my Monthly Muse on Saturday last week, so I'll do one early for this coming Saturday: National Rubber Ducky Day-
    [​IMG]

Nemla likes this.
  7. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

8. sbpoet

sbpoet Well-Known Member

Two for the same day!

[​IMG]

Nemla, Mylinn and AJK like this.
  9. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

600px-YIDS_Flower-1-.jpg Erin- GET WELL SOON!!! :yup interesting approach. Going to try this out.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Mylinn likes this.
  11. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Human Trafficking Awareness Day
    [​IMG]

Mylinn and Nemla like this.