January 12: Throwback Photo (Photography Challenge)

Discussion in 'MOC 2018 Challenges' started by Karen, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Hello everyone! How is everyone doing keeping up with all of the MOC Challenges? We are finishing up the 2nd week! I’m super excited for my day to host!

For today I have a Photo Challenge for you and I hope it is a simple one for everyone. The challenge is to stop worrying about being caught up on the current photos and go back at least five years and scrap an older photo. You can even use this as an opportunity to scrap a heritage photo or just one of your older film photos that needs to be scanned… if you were looking for a push to do just that.

The only other requirement for this challenge is that you add the date of your photo on your layout so I can confirm it is at least 5 years old (must be older than January 2013). I’d really love to see some journaling about your photo too so that you are also telling the story of your older photo, but that is not a requirement. Hope everyone has a lovely trip down memory lane with this challenge!

Here is a layout that I created from an old scanned photo of my Grandma and an old photo of me as a kid that shows us looking SO much alike! I’ve wanted to do a page about this since I first saw this picture when my Aunt showed it to me at my Grandma’s funeral.

2018-01-12 MOC Old Photo small.jpg

Challenge Requirements:

1. Use one photo that is at least five years old (prior to January 2013). You may use any other photos with no date requirement, but ONE photo has to be at least five years old.
    2. Add the date of the photo somewhere on your layout. Date = at least month and year. If your photo is prior to 2013, just a year is fine.

Your page must be a new page in order to count for the Month of Challenges. Your page must be posted in three places:
    1. Uploaded to the TLP Gallery (not an outside hosting site).
    2. Posted in your page thread you created in the MOC Layouts Folder. You should have one post per completed challenge page. If you complete all 31 challenges, your thread should contain 31 posts. Please do not comment in the participants’ page threads so we can keep them clean.
    3. Posted in this thread. People can comment here if they wish.
    Pages should contain at least 75% current Lilypad product (currently for sale in the store from either permanent designers or guest designers).

2. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

Love your page... Yu are right... the 2 of you are dead ringers... That is so cool....

Karen likes this.
  3. AMarieT

AMarieT Member

Yeah ! Cool challenge, and easy ! Thanks !

Karen likes this.
  4. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

I have a very old photo I would like to use. It is from the 1940's (WWII to be exact) but I don't have an exact year. It is OBVIOUSLY over 5 years old. Is that OK?

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

That was easy! And Kristin has just released the perfect kit! Thank you for the challenge.
    [​IMG]

7. Karen

Absolutely... Just put something like circa 1940s on there for your date. :) can't wait to see it!

8. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

What a great challenge - thank you so much.
    Here is my page
    [​IMG]

9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Oh WOW!! What a fantastic challenge. Just two days ago my daughter received a box from her cousin. My sister had passed away a few years back and my niece found a box of old family photos. She just recently went through them and a lot of them are my family and me as a little girl!!! I have exactly one blurry photo of me as a kid. She sent them to my daughter who just gave a bunch to me!! WOOT WOOT !!! Off to scrap some VERY old photos!!!

10. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

An easy one for me as I have scanned about 200 pictures since my parents died! Which to choose?? LOL

LynnG and Karen like this.
  11. Karen

What a treasure! :)

12. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

13. silent ranks

silent ranks Don't forget to turn back around

I have to go to my other hard drive for that. Be back later. Pretty sure I know which photo though :-D

Karen likes this.
  14. Ruthe14

Ruthe14 Branch Manager of my family

Love this challenge. I am a family historian and genealogist and love the chance to use some of our old photos. Really been enjoying "most" of the challenges. Some are definitely out of my comfort zone, but doing okay so far.

15. mummyd

mummyd Iron Maiden ...

16. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

This was a lot of fun! I found a picture of my husband 50 years ago playing his first drum, and then just this past December playing his djembe - the drum he was playing when I first met him.

I realize one thing after I was done - I don't have a title - and I have a hard time making titles. I guess that's a challenge I need to work on.

[​IMG]

Credits:
    Main Kit: Etc by Danyale Boho Soul

Extras:
    Lynn marie M3 April 2017 - button
    Dawn Inskip M3 April 2017 Butterfly

cookingmylife, Karen and threadjungle like this.
  17. AnnePC

AnnePC Well-Known Member

Almost 6 years ago

[​IMG]

elk2009, Karen and threadjungle like this.
  18. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

This is great!!! I'm in the process of converting old pics and negatives to digital. I have 1000 to choose from at this point!!!!

19. andastra

andastra Can't knock me down for long!

20. Carol K.

Carol K. Well-Known Member