Irritating Noises|Pad Patter 1.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 17, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

We have a leather, extremely comfortable rocker recliner. When you Rock in it there is this weird, irritating squeak. It is more intense if you are notbsitting in it and someone else is, rocking and squeaking. I have sprayed lubricant, slathered the metal with vaseline. Still squeaks.
    So two part question, any ideas to fix the squeak?
    And or
    Do you have s noise that drives you bonkers?

For the record, people squeezing empty water bottles is a sound that can put anger in my brain.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think the most annoying noise to me is when my two boys call their cousins (who live four hours away) on Google hangouts and then play video games together. The shouting and "dude, dude, dude" "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN" "Oh No" "Hurry!!!!" Lol! I'm glad they have fun together, but I can always tell when they call each other because the noise level goes up exponentially and then the next words out of my mouth are "Close your door!" :giggle

Sorry about the rocker noise. I think you gave it the old college try... I have nothing new to offer.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Pam Cooking Spray, or WD40 to fix the squeak. Maybe it's in a different location than you are spraying.

Noises...hmmmm... my co-worker humming, singing, constant throat clearing - she's can be a very noisy person. UGH. Drives me bonkers. I've tried passive-aggressive tapping, loud typing, loud sighing (lol), clearing my throat often, offering mints/cough drops, humming badly along, and turning up my music. I don't really want to mention it, cause deep down she is not intending to be annoying, and she does it subconsciously, so I don't think it would stop. Plus, I'd rather not deal with the aftermath of a confrontation. So... right now, I turn up my music, and usually tap loud. :giggle

jesskab likes this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

When it is really windy outside there are times it comes through the sides of the front door and it sounds like a cow mooing. My door is the original door that was put in when my parents built the house in 1965. It has always done this and it drives me nuts especially late at night since my bedroom is on the other side of the closet that separates the foyer from the bedroom! I'm hoping that the new door I am having put in will stop this.

bestcee likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

My husband has amplifiers in his cheeks. He chews loud. He slurps loud. Hard candy? It sounds like clanging cymbals when it hits his teeth. And my DD also inherited this trait from him. I sit between them at the dinner table, which is unbearable. It's fingernails-down-the-chalkboard cringing to me. Remedy: I turn off my hearing aids. This takes the edge off the sounds, especially since it's the higher, softer sounds I can't hear (hence, the need for hearing aids).

I also hate the sound of the HVAC on the portable classroom units that are 20 feet from our back fence. It runs 24/7 and keeps me awake at night. Remedy: ear plugs.

People snapping their gum when they chew. (Cringe!)

I also can't stand anything repetitive: snoring, bass beat, some rock/jazz/rap music, a child saying, "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom." <-- yeah, my kids were broken of that habit at a young age.

bestcee likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ugh, those little squeaks can be so frustrating! I have a chair in my classroom that squeaks and it is always the first one that everyone wants to sit in...I've even tried hiding it in a corner and they still find it!

For me it's chewing...ahhhhh I hate the sound of someone chewing or smacking their lips, it makes me want to come unhinged! And for some reason, whistling...I just really don't like whistling.

janedee and bestcee like this.
  7. IntenseMagic

Omgosh, this is my every day! Whatever thread it was not to long ago about everyday sounds and what do we scrap to...this is my life LOL

Karen likes this.
  8. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

hmmmm maybe it has some parts that need to be tightened?

I know a person that always sucks in air through their mouth and it makes this certain sound for some reason bugs me, and it isn't a breathing issue I think it is just a habit they are not aware they are doing.

9. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Every freaking morning I am awakened by our neighbor at about 1-2 am. He has a tricked out corvette - I mean it's race track ready. It has to be warmed up. Revved up. Then he races out of the complex. I'm telling you - it's getting to the point where this very placid and easy going person here is ready to go slash his tires and sugar his gas tank!!!!

Karen, LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I have a recliner that squeaks, and we can't figure out what's making the noise either. It's only when it rocks, so if the person just sits, or reclines, it's fine. (Spinning around is fine too; it's only when rocking.) I think the chair just moves in too many directions; my husband says there is something damaged and that is why it squeaks.

I can block out most noises, but the half empty water bottle rolling and sloshing around in the back seat is the worst for me. There hasn't been one since the weather got cold -- probably more the water is frozen than the kids are actually taking their bottles out. LOL The second annoying noise is the popping of the plastic when the temperature changes. I guess because they are both reminders that the kids are not cleaning up after themselves like I ask them to! (And I could be better about checking behind them, but I really shouldn't have to.)

Sokee and bestcee like this.
  11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That would be so annoying, but it did make me giggle a little. Of all the sounds it's a cow mooing! {I grew up in a farm, and at one place the cow field ended two feet from the window so we heard the cows moo all.the.time.}

12. bestcee

Pretty much anything my son does before 9 am. I swear his goal is to bug me. Legos against plastic, cars against a plastic table. His truck being pushed in the carpet with random stones or marbles in the back.
    Most irritating is when I accidently squeak my fork against our plates. That metal on glass sound - :backing:stars

jesskab likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

Ohhh @sakura-panda reminded me of another! Water bottle flipping!! Ahhhhhhh!! I'm so glad that trend is fading away! I eat lunch in a HS cafeteria, so imagine every. single. table!! Between the school and my son, there have been times I thought I was seriously going to lose my mind!

bestcee likes this.
  14. AnneofAlamo

another irritating noise brought to you by my boys! lol
    [​IMG]

Iowan and Karen like this.
  15. IntenseMagic

:overreact:lalala:compcoffee:groan:lalala:rollingpin:assslap

Karen and Tree City like this.
  16. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I think I have misophonia because many noises make me angry. And I'm not an angry person.

Chewing noises are some of the worst. DD has an expander and braces...and now she just can't seem to figure out how to take smaller bites so she can close her mouth to chew. Anyway, chewing sounds make me want to rip my ears off my head, which isn't exactly a fun feeling while having family dinner. :backing So I just say "Take smaller bites, babe." I wish she'd figure it out on her own, but nope: 2 months into braces and she still tears into her food like a lion with a fresh kill.

Anyway, long story longer: many sounds irritate me. Many! Gum chewing. Squeaking (like your chair, which I wish I could help you with Anne!). Snoring (which is why DH is in a separate bedroom). Pen tapping. Foot tapping. Odd throat-clearing. Lip smacking. Breathing.

bestcee likes this.
  17. bestcee

This made me laugh! But, yes. There are times I think the males in my house breathe too loudly so I get it!

Tree City likes this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

I have gotten used to my hubs snoring, to the point he stopped the other night. I woke up and had to check to see if he was breathing...scared me!

19. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

DO. Not. TOUCH. the VETTE....please I beg of you!!!! ROFL.....
    That's my dream car. I'd tell him that he's annoying and loud though.

20. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Oh gosh! I mean, it's both sweet that you noticed but I bet it was also bit scary!

AnneofAlamo likes this.