iNSD Tips Chat Rundown

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 2, 2017.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Did you miss our iNSD chat this morning? Here's some of our tips that we chatted about.

1. Make sure to do the Blog Hop if you haven't already. It expires NOON on May 4th!
    2. Make sure you are signed up for the newsletters! Designers send out deals, specials, and sometimes freebies through them.
    3. Write down the scraps, chats, etc. The calendar is here. Or, make the calendar your computer screensaver!
    4. Ask husband/significant other to take over the household so you can sit in front of the computer. Or get your chores done early in the week.
    5. Sales! Check them all out! Make sure your wishlist is prepared.
    6. Snacks are good to have. Chocolate, chips, healthy, any will do!
    7. Backup. Your computer, your photos, your supplies. In preparation for new ones!
    8. Scanning old photos. Putting away older kits. Be ready for some new fun!
    9. Reminders in phone and calendar for all the chats.
    10. Have fun! And remind your family, this is all for them :giggle

What are your tips? What do you do to prepare?

Chippi, keepscrappin, Mylinn and 8 others like this.
  2. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Yes.....all great tips! Never thought of putting a reminder in my phone....excellent idea!

bestcee likes this.
  3. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Sorry I missed the chat. Didn't get home in time. Some great tips here!

bestcee likes this.
  4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Thanks for the recap! It was so hard trying to chat with my phone while I was at the library waiting for my kids in co-op class. :)

bestcee likes this.
  5. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Thank you so much for the recap! Most of the time I was on my phone and I couldn't type properly or read.
    #7 is a great idea. I must do it more often though.

bestcee likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Great tips!! Sorry I missed the chat...darn work! Hopefully, I'll have some time to prepare before the weekend!!

bestcee likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I just spent last weekend away at a scrap camp. My most beneficial planning was selecting the photos I wanted to scrap ahead of time. You know, of the 20? (100?) pics of an event, which ones are scrap worthy. That allowed me to get about 22 pages done last weekend, plus hang out with a friend, eat, talk, etc.

I actually planned more than I got done, so I am good for this weekend too. Hoping to finish 2016!!!

busywoman139, bestcee and grrfluudy like this.
  8. grrfluudy

grrfluudy This? Oh it's just my million dollar pen.

Thanks so much for the recap, Courtney!! I'm bummed I missed the chat - but I just found out about it now - 6:16pm may 2 - and my time machine is in the shop. :throwpcLOL
    that's what I get for not being on the computer yesterday.
    @Bev, I absolutely LOVE your idea about photos! I take a billion photos and can never decide which to use.:cheer

bellbird, Serena and BevG like this.
  9. bestcee

Great idea @BevG ! I used to do page kits when I paper scrapped. I should do similar with Digi!

BevG likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Awesome list of tips! @BevG I will 2nd your tip! I am going away for a scrappy weekend THIS weekend and I'm really trying to make folders with the pictures I'm going to actually use and I also will save previews of the kits and templates I plan to use too AND I even create a link inside that folder to the actual kit/template so I don't have to go searching for it when it's time to scrap. Makes me SO much more productive, especially since I'll be and distracted. :)

bestcee likes this.
  11. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

I tend to impulse buy alot. For the big sales events, I will run through a folder of previews (when I unzip, I try to copy at least one preview into a preview only folder). Mainly trying to see what I'm lacking or overstocked with. And using it, I go over my wishlist carefully removing anything that is too much....then I go shopping. . . and still impulse buy too often.

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  12. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I love #10 @bestcee - that is great! And @BevG 22 pages and you planned for NSD too ?!?! :notworthy that's impressive!!!

BevG and bestcee like this.
  13. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well, I picked out the photos for the rest of the year 2016 to scrap (just December to go). I hope to finish the pages. We will see as it probably is another 20 or so pages and I won't be away this weekend. Something about family and stuff...

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  14. KatrinaHunt13

KatrinaHunt13 And *POOF* it appeared!

And here I am just going to wing it, just like I do when I go crop for paper scrapping!!! I don't pack until the night before, printing pics at the same time etc!!! LOL LOL I wish I was a planner!

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

Oh, I take NSD seriously. I sent a google invite to my husband that says "Courtney has dibs on the computer all day". I also told him we are ordering pizza for dinner, and having it delivered (we never pay for delivery!). Join me on the planner side! I'll have cookies after tomorrow. :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

this one makes me laugh b/cos my DH thinks e.v.e.r.y day is NSD and that would never happen so easy dinners and letting things slide a bit is my tip ;)
    i think having a stash of Pop Tarts to fling at hungry children has been mentioned in previous years (or maybe it's from past MOC's but still) - it is Polly wisdom that has been passed down from the wise ones! @AnneofAlamo

bestcee likes this.
  17. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Oh yep & my previous prep has included preparing some quick 'scrap pack' folders, these are like when i used to paper scrap only they're digi folders now. i make some up with single photos and some multiphoto ones, with a kit or two copied in there that fits the theme or my idea of how to scrap them and a neutral paper pack that should work with a bunch of kits and pics so i'm not having to find a bunch of stuff (decisions slow me down).

And yep, make sure you go back thru your wishlist, sometimes you're style changes and if your like me you don't really 'unwish' things and going thru your wishlist becomes a neverending scrolling exercise.

And my other PSA would be get up and stretch every half hour or so too!

-

18. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@bellbird Yes! Stretching every 20-30 minutes. Sometimes I even go 15-20. LOL

bellbird likes this.
  19. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Great tips list - Bart approves!
    [​IMG]

20. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!