In case you need to add to your TBR list

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by busywoman139, Mar 9, 2017.

1. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

HA! Not that anyone's list NEEDS to be longer ;) I usually have 2-3 books going at a time and I just so happened to finish two books today!
    • Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple (fun read, 3 Stars)
    • The One-in-a-Million Boy by Monica Wood (beautiful & touching story, 5 Stars!)
    What's everyone else reading/enjoying/recommending lately?

2. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

@busywoman139 I need to check out the book - Maria has the same surname as me!
    I have so many books on my kindle and haven't read anything for at least 2 months.

busywoman139 likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I read the Bernadette book. It was a quick and quirky read. :) I'll check out the other one.

The last 5 star book I read was Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain. It was really good... reminded me in some ways of The Help.

busywoman139 likes this.
  4. busywoman139

That is a fun reason to read an author! I have been scooping up books left and right the last couple of months...no shortage of reading material on hand but I keep finding more goodies! :)

StefanieS likes this.
  5. busywoman139

Thanks!! I will add that one to my list!

Karen likes this.
  6. HeyJude

HeyJude Professor of Digital Wizardry

I'm getting ready to start Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop. It is the last book in a 5 part series. On one hand, I can't wait to see how it ends. On the other, I'll be really sad to see the series end.

Karen and busywoman139 like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I totally know what you mean about reading the last book of a series. I almost always don't like the last book, because it's over and rarely lives up to my expectations. Last year I read the 3rd book in the Passage series. I loved the first two books so much that I actually put off reading the last one for a long time because I was just sure I'd hate it. Lol. It's one of the rare times that I liked the last book as much as the first ones. :) I hope yours turns out to be a good one too!

HeyJude likes this.
  8. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

We have a book fair coming up this weekend (cheap second hand book drive run by a local charity) so just cleared some shelf space and basically taking back books from the last one LOL

• I'm taking back:
    -Disclaimer - Renee Knight - a bit Rosamund Lupton and Gillian Flynn
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23346719-disclaimer?ac=1&from_search=true
    -This is Not A Test - Courtney Summers - i wrote on goodreads that "this was The Breakfast Club set in a post-apocalyptic world" , so it was zombies for people like me that don't like zombie books generally https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12043771-this-is-not-a-test

• The last best-est e-book i read was -The Last One - Alexandra Oliva https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/27245997-the-last-one; i wrote " i really loved this - everything, from plot, characters, language to the jumping back and forth and never really knowing who was who and what was ging on and slowly piecing it together - it was so well done *highly recommend*" - was better than Station Eleven which i loved too.

busywoman139 likes this.
  9. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I just picked up "In the Company of Women" by Grace Bonney https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28440194-in-the-company-of-women?from_search=true at the library. One of those times that all 4 holds came in at once. I'm enjoying this one in chunks during my 3 weeks of loan since each woman just gets 1 or 2 pages.

"Across the globe, women are embracing the entrepreneurial spirit and starting creative businesses. In the Company of Womenprofiles over 100 of these influential and creative women from all ages, races, backgrounds, and industries." While there's no secret formula for success revealed, this is a beautiful book and a jolt of inspiration when you feel you just can't go on.

busywoman139 likes this.