I'm a personal trainer fyi :)

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by chickypow, Mar 3, 2016.

1. chickypow

chickypow All I need is my gun, and my blankie

Anytime!

2. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

@chickypow Erin - You are awesome!! I just started the 21 Day Fix again today. I did it last summer for 3 rounds and lost right around 20 pounds and I don't remember how many inches. I felt awesome. And then I just stopped!! It was so hard to get up earlier once school started and I had to drive my daughter to school. I'd say I'd do it in the evening and I did every so often but then that stopped too. And then I started making poor eating decisions. And now I've gained back about 13 pounds and yuck!! I really want to start running but I have had bronchitis every winter for the last three or four years and I think my lungs are damaged. Any cardio just kills me!! How do I learn to breathe correctly when running??

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. chickypow

You start slow. Your cardiovascular system needs to be strengthened and "trained". What I often suggest is interval training. 2-5 minutes of walking at a brisk pace then 30 seconds of running then 2-5 minutes of walking etc. Interval training is way more effective than just going all out.

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I appreciate the advice. TY!

chickypow likes this.
  5. chickypow

Pm me.if you have any other questions :)

6. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Do you have any recommendation for any iPhone apps (preferably Apple watch compatible) that have gym workout plans so that you have a "to do list" when you head into the gym?

7. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I'm going to try your "basic plan." Maybe this will get me moving.

chickypow likes this.
  8. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Thanks Erin!!

chickypow likes this.
  9. chickypow

Unfortunately not. I'm all android and generally don't use apps. I can take a look though!

elseepe likes this.
  10. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Erin - I really appreciated your messages and I finally came off that plateau Mountain I was on and am 4 pounds away from onederland which I have not been at for at least 15 years.

chickypow likes this.
  11. dagi

dagi Aiming high

Erin @chickypow - how sweet it this from you to offer help!

I gave birth to my second child last August and I still can't get rid off those kilograms I gained during pregnancy.. I am a sweets addict but I try to avoid them now, I drink more, eat more often and I started to walk 5k to 13k a day, it depends on the program I have :). that is the only acceptable excersize for me at the moment.. I don't have time to excersize regularly and I guess I don't have a strong will.. I always start something but it won't last long.. Is walking enough, as an excersize if I need to take off some weight? and if I actually would want to work out, how many times a week and how long? I'd need to strenghten the body for sure..

thank you so much in avdance..

12. chickypow

Well walking is definitely AWESOME!!!! But in my opinion, you need to strengthen and build muscle to really lose weight. Muscle burns more calories, like a lot more, even in a resting state than fat does. And it leans you down. I'd start with 2 days a week of a short full body workout. There is some great apps out there for that, you can do them at home. Just to get used to it. It takes 3 weeks of consistently doing something to develop a habit. After 3 weeks if you can keep it up for that long you'll actually feel off if you miss a workout and crave it! I'll check out some apps and get back to you with recommendations. :)

Chippi and dagi like this.
  13. dagi

dagi Aiming high

that would be great! you're awesome Erin, thank you ♥

14. chickypow

Do you have an iphone or android?

dagi likes this.
  15. dagi

dagi Aiming high

android

16. chickypow

This one I like.

It's 7 minutes so totally doable. Start 2 times a week then 3 then 4 etc.....Then once it's way easy you switch to an actual training program. Screenshot_2016-05-24-14-20-12.png

Chippi and dagi like this.
  17. dagi

dagi Aiming high

thank you so much Erin! I already downloaded this and will check it out :)

chickypow likes this.
  18. chickypow

Anytime!! If you have any questions feel free to pm me :)

dagi likes this.
  19. Kate W

Kate W And justice for all ...

Thanks for all the tips! I don't have any questions as such, but I've had a read of this thread and found it very useful :) I have struggled with my weight since I gave up smoking 12 years ago. I've yo- yoed a bit since then, but I am now at my heaviest ever :( so I have bought myself a cross trainer, which is arriving on Thursday! I'm planning to use it every day, but I shall take your advice and start slowly :)

Thanks again.

chickypow likes this.
  20. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

@chickypow Ooh, I just saw this thread, thank you for this.
    I am only 1 week post partum but thinking ahead. What do you recommend for toning up all the muscles? Especially abs, I want to lose most of the weight first though. Also any other exercises I can do that are good. I am totally clueless! Thank you! :)