I'll try to be brief....

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by MrsPeel, Feb 1, 2018.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

2. Saar

Saar Well-Known Member

Cynthia, sweetie, my heart is bleeding to hear your beloved father has passed away. I hope you'll find comfort in knowing he isn't in pain anymore. I'm sending you one giant hug to the UK.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. nessita

nessita Well-Known Member

Just read this thread now. Cynthia, so sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength and sending you love and prays. For your dad, too. God bless his soul. :heartslub

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to read of your Dads passing Cyn, he's at peace now, but no doubt watching over you and guiding you.
    You're the life and soul of the pad, you always have the kindest and most thoughtful words to say. Look after yourself. Much love to you, Sarita and your family :bk:angel

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  5. meterr

meterr I've got ICE in my veins!

You are very special!! :heartslub

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Cynthia, I'm so sorry to read the news that your father has passed. Big hugs!

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. crlin

crlin Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear your Dad passed away. Just found this thread today and want to add my wishes and prayers to the others that your health will only get better! Hugs!

MrsPeel likes this.
  8. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's passing. I know he was such a big part of your life. Hugs my friend!

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I posted my condolences on Facebook, but I will include them here as well. Your father sounded like a very special man. And I'm sure you have wonderful memories of him. I am so sorry to hear of his passing.... You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Sending tons of love and hugs <3

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

Oh Cynthia! Sending love and you and your family are in my prayers.

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

One of the beauties of doing the MOC is "meeting" people like you. You are a joy, and an encourager, and an inspiration - things I want so much to be for others. I lived for 4-5 years in a depressed stupor - not really understanding why life just hurt so much, and when I snapped out of it and my mind was cleared - I realized just how much we need positive, uplifting voices in our world, and that our "Tests" can be testimonies for others.

Your intentions will be in my prayers.

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Oh Cynthia, I am so sorry that you have joined the "not so exclusive" club of women who have lost their Daddies. I lost mine in 2011 and I'm only now really coming to grips with the fact that he is gone...You and your family are in my prayers in this sad time.

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Thanks so so very much girls :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Oh such a pleasure to host MOC!!! and it has been you guys who kept me amazed with your pages and chatting and laughing, trying to figure out those dolls :) I'm so so glad you had a good time :) I know I went a bit quiet now, working on getting black to normal -not that normal is a word many associate with me , but you know what I mean :)

[​IMG]

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

thanks so much :) I was so happy to see you scrapping at MOC, hope we will see more of you now :)
    :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I kept repeating that to Sarita, that he is now free of pain and that he will be watching out, protecting us.... we talk a LOT until September when he started getting worse...at least 3 times a week..
    Thanks so much Dawn :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

thanks so much :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

He was, indeed, Sarita too, her first tattoo she had done when we went to barcelona in 2016, are the three words he always told me were the formula of success, is difficult to translate to English properly but something like
    Capability - Will Power _ a drop of Luck

Capacidad - Voluntad - Suerte

He said Capability was about studying or getting the skills for whatever you want to be/do.
    Then the will power to work hard to achieve , and a drop of luck....which is not guaranteed but it is easier to come by if we follow the previous two.....
    she has the words tattoed on the side of the ribs, I'm sure I made a page or 5 :giggle

I saw the Facebook post (yours) I need to go answer, thanks so so much :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    the phone has been non stop here with relatives calling from all over the world... some people I have not too much patience too...which are not aware of time difference ..... need to disconnect that phone,

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Love you, thanks so much :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Thank you :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    It is wonderful to start getting to know you.... your words are so right..... I'm not all that achieved though...I tend to get overwhelmed when things get difficult with hospitals appointments, stuff to do with every day practical things I haven't been able to do much of... I get frustrated and I need to pray very very much for keeping up positive... that is the beauty of this community.... I'm glad to have you part of the family :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

HeatherB and mcurtt like this.
  15. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

Cynthia, sending you hugs in this time of grief and prayers for comfort and peace for you and your family. It's so hard to say goodbye to a dearly loved dad. May your sweet memories of your precious times together put a smile on your face even as the tears fall from your eyes. Love you, sweet lady.

16. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I've been away for the past three weeks so didn't see this post until just now.
    I'm so very sorry to hear of your dad's passing, Cynthia. Sending strength, hugs and prayers your way.

17. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

Sending hugs, prayers, love and light