I'll try to be brief....

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by MrsPeel, Feb 1, 2018.

1. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

....even though most of you know that is quiet an achievement for me...but try I will.

On a re cap for so many of you I have just gotten to know around the gallery & pm , and those of you who may not know much about me : I'm in very fragile health, December was a very very hard month as my father who lives all the way across the ocean in Argentina, is 90 years old, was admitted in hospital and was dying, only went back home a couple of weeks ago, so over a month in hospital...private clinic , high class treatment, but the worry and hurt grows with each mile. Anyway....

As I feel responsible and know how much work MOC involves, I was determined to come and host my challenge and try help as much as I could. But didn't think I would be able to scrap. At all.
    It would be difficult to find time, and frame of mind, as I was approved for an intense hydro therapy treatment in a clinic that has everything, not just the pool for the hydrotherapy but the nutritionist, the massage, the podiatrist, a psychologist and a number of other services, and was sleeping in the clinic most of the days.
    I thought I would not scrap at al apart from my challenge pages (which I had made in advance of course)

Thing was, starting with my sister Pollys, our super awesome designers that always , always manage to paint a smile in us, followed by so many of you who are FRIENDS, some of you who we are are closer and we talk often, some of you who we talk occasionally, all of you who make me laugh and tear away of joy in the chats and scraps and all, and the amazingly AWESOME new people who I have been getting to know and loving already
    ....you have all encouraged me to scrap a bit, I did it, I have enjoyed being around the gallery also the ART DOLL CHALLENGE has been such an AMAZING experience!!!!!!!
    ...to see that many of you who were reluctant or had to make a bit more of an effort because it isn't your thing, the art doll.... you have turned up with pages that made my jaw break and I would love to post each and everyone of your pages in a Froggy Favorites post!!!!!!

Loved each and everyone of the dolls, I could see you in some, and in some, - blown away- I even saw myself!!!!!!!! Love the ones just for fun, love the minimalists that shined with elegance and the element hoarders like me who love to fill the page, Loved the ones who went a bit deeper, a Lot deeper, or took it with an amazingly great sense of humor to send a message ...... each and everyone of you have made my day with your effort, art, beauty and meaning, plus a HUGE thank you to you whom I had to contact for changes, the ones of you who thought about writing to me before the page was posted to check.... you are amazing!!!!!!

I have been so well im dealing with my pain levels this past entire month.... even my doctor was surprised.... my soon to be 22 years old (very spoiled :giggle ) daughter was amazed with the way I managed the other day having to drive across town from hospital to hospital, managed to park in a very very difficult space without breaking down, in not so many words... you have been all along this month and especially in the past week since I posted my challenge, the most amazing scrap family one could hope for.
    THANK YOU-

I got a call earlier from my mum (who is an amazing woman, but at 81, not always easy to please or deal with) that my dad isn't improving and he himself asked to go back to hospital.
    If this happened a month ago, not sure I would have been able to deal with this without breaking down.... but thanks to you all, I was able to help my mum calling their insurance and making sure things are in order for my mum not to stress more than she already is.
    A lot of other minor things happened that would have made me anxious , haven't.
    If you pray, your prayers are more than welcome, or your thoughts and positive energy, you all have been allowing me to suffer less, hurt less and carry on the most faithful, hopeful and positive path.

So with ALL the strength and love my heart (that is failing but strengthen with your support) I thank YOU for this amazing month of Challenges

Laura, Thank you so so much for the patience you have with us.
    Designers all : ones of you I have been with for years, some less years but a good deal of them, and new !!!!!!! Thank you for you being here for us all year long.
    Pollys , LOVE you, you know and are tired of hearing me say it!!!!!! :imok
    and all of you here, the community that make The Pad, you are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I know some of you who just joined us for MOC will stay over and some of you, we will be doing Tangie's Art Journal Classes!!!!! I really, REALLy hope that all of you who have made this month as awesome as it is, will stay so we can carry on rocking the Pad , al year long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

crazsquaw, KarenW, Trina513 and 29 others like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

you are awesome Cynthia, truly awesome.

MrsPeel likes this.
  3. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Cynthia, I hope that everything goes well with your Dad (or as well as possible under the circumstances) and that you will be doing fine as well.
    Your words about the Pad: Truer words have never been spoken.

I didn't check. Are you also going to do Tangie's class? We will have so much fun!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  4. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Bless you my sweet friend!

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. dancingJaye

dancingJaye Well-Known Member

Cynthia,
    I'm sorry life is so rough right now, but thank you for your example of perseverance and tenacity! You are such a bright spot here in the shiny land of the lilypad!

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

You, amazing person. You deserved to have a good time during/because of MOC.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and Serena like this.
  7. Serena

Serena Squishy soul poet who loves Walter Hunt

CynCyn, you know my story, you know how much this place means to me and you know just how very much YOU mean to me. If you don't, go back and read all of our messages. ;) Thank you for always listening to me, for always supporting me, for all your kindness and patience with me and for making me feel like I wasn't alone in this world. It is an honor to be here at the Pad. You know I'm not going anywhere, I intend to "harass" and fill you with SO MUCH LOVE that you EXPLODE! (I'm actually not sure HOW the Pad handles all of our OMGLOVELOVELOVE!! hehehe)

As always, I'm always sending you positive vibes, I send prayers out too for you and on 11:11's, I include you in my wish. ::HUGS::

Mylinn and MrsPeel like this.
  8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Where do I begin? Love you bunches, Cynthia, and The Pad wouldn't be the same without you. Thank you for gracing us with your presence. Take care, sweet friend. I will keep praying for your dad and family. And of course, for you too, my dear. May your health improve greatly with your treatments.

MrsPeel likes this.
  9. kayjaydo

kayjaydo Keeping my feet firmly on the ground

Cynthia, I'll be praying for you and your Dad. Thank you for always posting your pages and pointing the way to the Lily Pad, I have had the best month here and I look forward to spending the rest of the year here. Scrapping, playing and chatting!
    Hugs
    Kerri

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Cynthia, you are such a wonderful friend. Hugs to you! I hope your are dad is able to recover.

MrsPeel likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

:love MOC was part of why I made TLP my home.
    Cynthia, you're another reason. :yourock

I'm sorry to hear about your father. It must be so hard being so far apart.

MrsPeel likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Oh sweet friend @MrsPeel so sorry to hear about Dad. CJ and I are keeping him in our prayers, as well as you and Sarita and your Mom. I know how hard this is for you especially being far away, but so glad you were able to help Mom with the insurance and all for ease. The fact that you are keeping calm, I am so proud of you my dear and I am glad too that you are able to scrap to forget about reality even if just for a little while. You are a wonderful person and friend Cynthia, making sure everyone feels welcome and posting wonderful gallery posts to all. Love you my friend. Feel better and we are keeping you in our prayers for you and your Dad too. XO

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I will continue to hold you and your family up in prayer. You are so sweet, thoughtful and pour so much love into your comments, your words of affirmations and general love leaving in the gallery, in the forum and during chats is part of the glue that makes this the best place to hang out. You add that special sparkle into our Lilypad lives.

cfile and MrsPeel like this.
  14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Oh, Cynthia, you are such a bright light here at the Lilypad. It's amazing to me that with so much going on you keep on encouraging and supporting others. Praying for you and for your father.

15. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

Cynthia @MrsPeel you are an awesome person, send you good vibes. you are in my prayers. big big hugs my dear friend.

MrsPeel likes this.
  16. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Cynthia, I think The Pad would struggle without you! You're our biggest cheerleader and never cease to put a smile on my face with your amazing comments. I'm glad that you've been feeling stronger this past month. And you and your family will be in my prayers, especially your dad. Hugs to you!

17. mnjenlittle

mnjenlittle Dewey Decimal, I love you!

Sending lots of love, Cynthia!!!! :heartslub:bk

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

:heartslub you, Cynthia! You have such a gift for encouraging others and making them feel good about themselves.

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

Sending you all the prayers I can dear girl!! You are such a light here for everyone here and you can tell how much HEART you put in to The Lilypad & THE PEOPLE here. I know whenever I have an alert that you commented on something of mine or tagged me I get super excited and prepare myself for a big smile or some emotional tears to fall with how your words touch me.

20. LynnG

LynnG Designer

Love you Cynthia :bk I was thrilled when I spotted some MOC layouts from you yesterday. I need to go back and check out more! :goldstarsSo glad that you are dealing with the pain levels and having a better month on that at least (After a shocker few months of flares I am feeling more on top of my pain too - perhaps due to better drugs from the rheumatologist LOL :agree - so I know what a difference even a little improvement of managemant can make). I hope things keep getting better, although I know the situation with your Dad is tough. Thinking of you (but stop posting layouts of Camden because I am too homesick :giggle)

Frumpje and cfile like this.