i want all the things ... on my page.

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Jun 28, 2017.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Carol ... everything you do comes out amazing. The way you work all and any product on your pages blows my mind! I would love to live next door to you and get personal lessons on your process!

Iowan and keepscrappin like this.
  2. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Are you kidding? :) I always love your pages! I may not comment enough (sometimes I can't find the right words, and English is a foreign language to me), but I always admire how you make your pages minimal and awesome at the same time. When I try to do it, it looks empty and I feel I haven't done enough...
    I guess no one's satisfied with oneself! LOL!

3. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

ROFL:lmao

4. londoncuppa

You are definitely one of the lovely ladies I had in mind when I said: "I see so many gorgeous "simple" pages, and these ladies have a very special designing gift." You are soooo good!

EHStudios likes this.
  5. londoncuppa

Me too! I think Carol needs to create a class to teach us all of her amazingness (yep...that's only a real word in my mind). Her work is consistently FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!

keepscrappin and jenn mccabe like this.
  6. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

I envy that, too! I sometimes think my style is so simple that it's hardly worth the trouble, and I feel guilty buying whole kits because I *need* just one adorable element - but not, of course, so guilty that it ever stops me! :)

jenn mccabe and EHStudios like this.
  7. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

You guys are awesome! It is a plus that I can scrap with pretty much any kit, but I still never feel I'm doing that designers vision justice once I see the cluster queens working! There is just SO much awesomeness in kits & I want to use so much more! I'm with you @jenn mccabe I need to sit down in person with the scrappers that use tons of embellishments on a page & that would be the only way I could tackle that kind of scrapping!!

Use all the things!! I swear I try! ;)

jenn mccabe and keepscrappin like this.
  8. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

This is me exactly!! But mine isn't always the one element that grabs me, but the one wordart! HA!

keepscrappin and ElizabethW like this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

The struggle is real!!!!!!

But like someone else mentioned, many times I'll just use the kit/product a few times to get out my "use all the things" itch!!!!

:D

jenn mccabe and keepscrappin like this.
  10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have no self-control. I see it, I love it, I use it. LOL

I used to fret that I wasn't a good enough scrapper, or that I was an element vomiter, or that minimal scrapping was better than my type of scrapping - bah! I just want to scrap and be happy. What's my style might not be yours or vice versa BUT we all have the passion and desire to be happy when we're creating and reliving our memories through our photos and stories. If those negative feelings ever start coming back, I have to remind myself to stop and be happy!

11. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

While I've been making more simplistic pages lately, I used to load my pages with elements. I would use most the elements sometimes. It could be that it was for a CT and I wanted to showcase what was in the kit, but I loved to cluster things up. Now I'm doing the simple pages just so I can scrap faster. They still take me a while, but much faster than when I'd load up a page.

12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

hehe... I just pile it on! I'm always saying that I used the dressed down version of Cheryl's Fiddle-Dee-Dee templates but you can't tell because I pile on everything from the kit. I do go it spurts with clustered and non-clustered, but I'm mostly a clustered girl. I figure if I love it and can get it to look good on the layout, then why not! Just go for it and love what you're scrappin!

LoveItScrapIt and jenn mccabe like this.
  13. gwtwred

gwtwred Leaving, on a jet plane ...

I had the same problem when working with this kit!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I saw this thread and had to add my 2 cents. I was waiting for Cheryl @gonewiththewind to comment as she is totally amazing in her cluster work and does pretty much seem to use anything and everything that is in a kit. I'm hooked on her you tube videos and since I am cluster-challenged, I've actually learned quite a bit from watching them. Yes cluster-challenged even though most of my pages do look like a mess, I haven't yet mastered the C&S style.

@jenn mccabe I admire you and anyone who can scrap with photos. I apparently am photo-challenged as well. What some people here do effortlessly, put together page after wonderful page of layouts with photos, I have such a HARD TIME plopping a pic on a page and then coming up with elements and whatever to do it justice. I've gotten better, but the journey is long and full of obstacles.

@cinderella I found it interesting that you made bookmarks, etc. in your blank space. When we had the option to do hybrid ATCs here at TLP, I would do hybrid and always print something in the margin or blank space of my 8.5x11 so that I could cut and re-attach. Yep, I'm pretty thrifty too. That may be one reason why all of my pages are 8.5 x 11. I can print with no waste and I can use archival safe page protectors found in an office supply store.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Bwah ha ha! That's what my cluster pages usually look like to me! (and my brain still tells me "you can't put all that on! It wouldn't stick even with double sided tape plus glue & would fall off in to the plastic album sleeve! " ...once a paper scrapper...

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I think I shall call it KITCHEN SINK SCRAPPING. You know, "everything and the kitchen sink." I'm glad the videos have helped you. I'm trying to be better about doing voice overs with the videos instead of just music to give viewers a better idea of WHY I'm making the choices I am and WHY I'm placing them where I am. Sometimes it's just a feeling I have, but other times I do have an end result in mind.

I think you have a lovely style. It's always good to learn and grow - to change and try on new things - but don't underestimate the power of YOU that comes through on your layouts!

jenn mccabe and mcurtt like this.
  17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

hehe I drop all the ones I want into PS and place them on the paper and shift them all around and look at them for a bit and THEN cull the list .... that way I feel like I used ALL the things without using all the things .... well it makes sense to me :giggle

jenn mccabe, jk703 and mcurtt like this.
  18. MrsGaramer

MrsGaramer Using my imagination

Same. I'm always lamenting to myself that I will never be a "clean" scrapper. Half the stuff on my pinterest are beautiful, light, clean pages...mine are not so much but I'm learning to embrace it!

jenn mccabe and mcurtt like this.
  19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

This is me! I want to use all the things. I try to use all the things. But I end up deleting most of the things.

This is exactly what I do. I'll use the same kit over and over again just so I can use all the pretties.

EHStudios, jenn mccabe and jk703 like this.
  20. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I had the exact same reaction when I used Jaimee's kit this month! And I ended up making two pages with it instead of one! Plus I'll use it and the add-ons that come out for it this month for my July Project Life pages, so it'll get a lot of use.

I actually like big kits with lots of options/alternates because I will go through a ton of pieces to find something that fits where and how I need it to. I sometimes struggle with kits that have a smaller number of elements because I'll find something that almost works but wish it was in a different color (I suck at recoloring, especially dimensional items) to fit in a certain spot on a layout. Storyteller and Memory Pockets Monthly are both great about including lots of variants of elements, and I find that I really gravitate towards those collections for that reason.

KatrinaHunt13 and jenn mccabe like this.