How to use Scenic Route elements

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Magoosangel, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Magoosangel

Magoosangel New Member

Hi, first time here. I just purchased the Scenic Route elements and I am wondering how to use them. I thought they would work in PSE as brushes but that does not seem the case. Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or tell me how to use them. Thanks!!!

2. Magoosangel

Magoosangel New Member

Got it think I have to use it as a layer and it is just not like ones I have previously used. If anyone else has advise for a total newbie I would love it. Thanks.

3. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Hi there! Welcome to TLP!

Is this what you got?
    [​IMG]

It doesn't appear is if they are brushes. So, you would use them like regular graphics. Do you have the photobin on the bottom? If so, you should be able to drag from there into the file you are working on. You could import to PSE, and then make a duplicate to be placed on top of your image.

Let us know if you have other questions! :)

bellbird likes this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Yes, this is correct. As another layer.
    Shout out if you have other questions!

bellbird likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi. Sounds like you have this sorted but I've used them, if it's the pack Jenn showed, as "stamps" by just dragging them to where I want to stamp on my page like any other element ( I don't have PSE though so PS CS6 might be slightly different) They're easy to recolour with 'color overlay' so u can stamp any colour! Yay for Digi!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If you are interested you could actually create brushes from the elements in that set too... in my Photoshop at least you can. It has to be a Black image and then you go to Edit, Define Brush Preset (or something like that...) I don't have my PHotoshop in front of me.

Either way, welcome to The Lilypad @Magoosangel !!

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

@Magoosangel Welcome to the pad! You could totally convert them to brushes if you would like, let me know if you are interested. I am pretty sure we have a tutorial somewhere around here about it.