How To Customize Bella Gypsy's Whimsies (premade clusters)

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by keepscrappin, Apr 28, 2017.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

This tutorial was done for a MOC5 challenge in Jan 2017. I'm adding it here to the learning pad, so it can still be accessed by those wanting to remember how to customize Bella Gypsy's pre-made clusters called Whimsies.

Today we will be using a premade cluster and customizing it to make it our own for a quick and easy cluster on our layout without having to be a clustering pro.

The Bella Gypsy sisters have graciously provided us with a freebie for this challenge. It is a sample of their Whimsies line and has the premade cluster along with the individual elements that make up the cluster just like they do in their Whimsies packs. Having the individual elements separately is such a time saver for this technique as you don't have to extract anything to make it look like your photo is part of the cluster.

[​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/store/Harmony-Whimsy-Digital-Scrapbook-Element-Pack.html

Ok - Let's get started. You are required to use the provided freebie Harmony Whimsy for your layout. You can resize it, hide part of it, duplicate it, and change it up however you'd like, but I must be able to still tell that you've used the premade cluster. You must customize the premade cluster by adding 2 or more additional items on top of your photo so they sandwich your photo with the premade cluster underneath your photo. You are also allowed to use other kits and elements to customize your cluster and make your layout. Please remember the 75% current TLP requirement when selecting items for your layout.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Click on image to see layout credits in the gallery.

Here's what I did in the steps in the images above.
    1. Started with a premade cluster.
    2. Added my photo.
    3. Got a photo cluster that needs a little more. Looks lonely.
    4. Added the separate heart element that is included in the freebie whimsy pack.
    5. Got a photo cluster that looks great and looks like the items were layered intentionally.
    6. Customized my cluster further by adding the butterfly (included in freebie) and string (from Bella Gypsy's Shine kit).
    7. Ended the steps with a beautiful, customized cluster that you'd think was designed with the photo in mind.
    8. Then, I finished off my layout with a paper strip at the top, wordart and date.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Yes thanks!
    I remember thinking "I need to do this more often" but I haven't yet.
    Maybe next month...

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love customizing clusters like this! Great tutorial!!

[​IMG]

4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

5. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

I remember that challenge! I loved it because I had never thought about customizing a cluster.

keepscrappin likes this.