How many days of school left |Pad Patter 5.25

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 25, 2017.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

School is out June 9th for both boys. Not a minute too soon! Pretty sure we'll be staying home today as 6yo has been coughing/barking since 3am. He's been talking non-stop. Ohmigosh, I grunt accordingly & try not to grumble.
    I just ordered summer supplies since I need to get them both up to par in math. They also need to improve their writing (the manual part, they're pretty creative). I just don't want to deal with homework & the teacher approaching me to tell me my ADD kid is not paying attention!

bbymks5 likes this.
  2. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

So many of you end so early! My kids finish on June 29th. And then... it's vacation for everyone. We aren't going to see them for 5 out of the 9 weeks of summer.
    Weeks 1-3 Grandma & Grandpa
    Week 4 - Kids at home with me for 1 week to regroup
    Week 5 - Naomi @Girl Guide Swim & Paddle Camp, Ruth @YMCA camp (both overnight camps)
    Week 6 - At the cottage with the whole family!
    Week 7 - Ruth@Girl Guide Photography Camp, Naomi @YMCA canoe out-trip camp (both overnights)
    Week 8 - YMCA Day Camps: Ruth@ Equestrian, Naomi@Sailing
    Week 9 - Home with Dad and getting ready for back to school.

bbymks5 likes this.
  3. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

My daughters last day was on Wednesday (half day) and her first day back is in 69 days (8/3) and counting!

I always wished we had February and March off so we could actually be outside enjoying ourselves...our summers are just too hot!

Some schools around the valley have year round which I would LOVE!!! They got for X amount of time and have 2 or 3 weeks off at a time...talk about amazing!! Just enough time to relax and recharge and NOT forget what you've learned!!

EXACTLY!!!

Totally agree!!! They have to spend so much time going over stuff from the previous school year...not good.

Trying to get littles to understand time is like herding cats :doh34

I wish for this plug too!!! So glad I'm not the only one who does countdowns for school LOL!!

Juliestcyr, bestcee and Tree City like this.
  4. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Too many. They go through the 3rd week of June, but we need to take DD out of school early to go to Theater On Ice Nationals in Indiana.

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

My high schooler was done with her co-op a couple of weeks ago. She has a few summer goals that she's working on: sign language, latin, getting a head start on Advanced Mathematics. She's self motivated & let her set her own summer goals.

We'll continue school work with the rest of my kids (I homeschool too) until June 14th when they have testing. Then we'll continue with basic reading and math practice and anything else they may need to work on after I see their test results. I've always done some school work in the summer. I think it helps with retaining information (especially with those younger ages who may just be beginning to read) and it gives them a little bit of structured time during the day.

bestcee and ashleywb like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

A lot of the schools around here ended today. Because we had very few snow days this year, they had time leftover, so they finished early. My county gets out June 9 and I am sooooo excited!! We didn't have many snow days either, but we don't get out any earlier. I will giggle when the other schools here go back the first week of August and we will still have 3 weeks :)

LoveItScrapIt and Juliestcyr like this.
  7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Our last day is MONDAY (wth!?) June 19th. We had a few snow days & even with using up our built in makeup days- the kids have to go to school for 2 flippin' hours on Monday the 19th. I am considering letting them skip it- but they make it fun with the last assembly & other non-learning crap! ;) So I think that's like 14 days & 2 hours :D

ashleywb and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  8. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Only about 3 times a day! :cheer:clap:dancebun:dance:fruit:happydance2:rollin:woohoo:yippee:yahoo

bestcee likes this.
  9. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

half day June 8th is our last one......Wooo Hooooo

bestcee likes this.
  10. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

We're done!!:byay:byay My two elementary schoolers finished May 25! I homeschool my oldest and she is just finishing up one little project and then she's done as well. I love summer! We will be doing some Math and Reading over the summer to stay fresh though.

bestcee likes this.
  11. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

My kiddos last day is June 2nd....I am ready for school to be out and them to have a little down time. It seems like their little days are packed from the time they wake up until the time they go to bed. Not enough time to just enjoy things. However, looking at the things already scheduled for summer I don't know how much down time we will really have. At least the activities we scheduled are ones that they picked and have control over.

bestcee likes this.
  12. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I still need to keep going for 6 more weeks! I'm a college teacher. And then I'll have 6 wonderful weeks of me-time!
    While I'm perfectly fine to keep going for these few weeks, as every school on my country needs to keep going about the same time, TLP makes it difficult every year. It's kinda annoying to hear about people who are already celebrating vacation time. But I'll get over it. I love my job so most days I go in with happiness!

don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about you guys so just keep talking! ;)

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    bestcee likes this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

We always had this issue when we went to Canada too early. In Utah the kids would finish before Memorial Day, but our cousins in Canada weren't done until the end of June.

14. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!