Hi, from Oklahoma!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by gduncan, Mar 28, 2017.

1. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

My name is Glenda, and I love to enter challenges at several different stores. I thought I would try The Lilypad since Cynthia is here! However, I don't have any kits from here to get started. I was trying to find something on sale. I usually shop on $2.00 Tuesdays or for other great specials that are offered. I tried to find a freebie for new people here, but didn't find one. I did sign up for the newsletter! It looks like it will be fun here!!!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    MrsPeel and Juliestcyr like this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Hello! And welcome! this is a very friendly place. Feel free to jump into the challenges and pop into the conversations in the forum.

3. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

4. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Hi Glenda, welcome. The challenges here are lots of fun, you will have a great time.

5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Any friend of dear Cynthia is a friend of mine! welcome! and I highly recommend signing up for newsletters of your favorite designers (all of them tee hee) and if you have facebook, LIKE their pages. There are some great sales Every WEdnesday, and Fridays. Wednesdays are SOSN, something old, something new and usually 50% off and then Fridays are new releases. They go on sale, and many of the designers have additional coupons come out with the sales too! The savings are everywhere! Chats sometimes have coupons too!
    Enjoy and laugh. and welcome!

MrsPeel, jenn mccabe and Juliestcyr like this.
  6. AliSarah

AliSarah Oh great. Now I have pixie dust in my hair!

Hi and Welcome!! :D

Huggles!!
    ~Sarah~

7. sucali

sucali sucali

Welcome at The Lilypad Glenda! Tomorrow is a good day to shop, many products will be 50% off!

8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi Glenda and welcome!!! We're happy to have you here :)

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Hi Glenda, Welcome welcome! Cynthia is such a bad influence isn't she!? (joking - she's the opposite!) yep Wednesdays are a bargain here with Something Old and Something New sales and there is always a fun and inspiring challenge to do - hopefully you found them already here https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/challenge-pad.61/ and the designer ones sometimes have a freebie as well

MrsPeel likes this.
  10. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Glenda! I am sorry, because I'm sure you hear this all the time. But this made me start singing, "Where the wind comes sweepin' down the plains..." (I was in a high school performance of Oklahoma!). If you are looking for an economical way to build your Lilypad stash, the After the Rain Collab is only $5 and is great for Spring. [​IMG]

MrsPeel and jenn mccabe like this.
  11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi Glenda and welcome to the Lilypad!

12. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Glenda and welcome to The Lilypad!

13. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Welcome Glenda! You picked a great day to say welcome, today starts our SOSN (something old something new) SALE, every TUESDAY night and WEDNESDAY all day designers put some of their products on sale. Like the name says the products could be something BRAND SPANKING NEW or it could be an oldie in the store.

This kit that Julie linked you to it, it's not only economical, it's HUGE and ALL proceeds go to help one of our DEAR LILYPAD designers, Sabrina Dupre.

MrsPeel likes this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome! @AnneofAlamo had some good advice. Some of the designers have freebies through their newsletters. I'd check out their blogs & facebook pages too. And of course the 50% off sale on Wednesdays!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Welcome Glenda!!! I love challenges too! I would recommend signing up for the designers newsletters a lot of times you get a freebies that way!

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Welcome Glenda! So glad you found your way here and that you want to try out our challenges. There are tons to do here, so there's something for everyone. We do have some freebies in the shop from the various designers so you can get a taste of their products and styles. You also will want to be around for iNSD (interNational Scrapbook Day) because there just might be a huge fun kit coming for free. :agree

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, welcome!

18. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Hi there and Welcome to The Pad! I see that @Karen already pointed you to the freebies in the shop. Also there is a free template every month for the template challenge, and others have mentioned the 50% off sale every Wednesday. Hopefully those can get you started.

Also, once you start completing challenges you will earn discounts to be used in the store. :) So glad you're here and hope that you will feel at home.

Karen likes this.
  19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi and welcome! Any friend of Cynthia's is a friend of mine! Today the SOSN sale is on with both new and old products. Go check it out, you won't be disappointed! Glad you decided to join us!

MrsPeel likes this.
  20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

All great advice above! So I'll chime in to say WELCOME, so glad Cynthia has encouraged you to check out the Lilypad. Looking forward to getting to know you and I've already seen your beautiful work in our gallery! :)

PS... I know Lynn Grieveson usually gives away a sweet little freebie element type pack with her own Designer monthly challenge ... you can find it here! (not sure if that was already mentioned specifically?)

MrsPeel likes this.