Hello from Texas (New to the Digi World)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by ProudArmyMom, Jan 24, 2017.

1. ProudArmyMom

ProudArmyMom New Member

Hi all,

I am new here on the Lilypad and also new to the "digi" world of scrapbooking. I just started digital scrapbooking this past week. I am a mom of two boys and love the outdoors. I have scrapbooked since 2007, but have gotten out of it the last three years since moving into our new home. (NO ROOM-FOR ME) Now that all my kids are out of the house I am converting one of the rooms into a "ME SPACE" and have decided to get back into scrapbooking. A friend introduced me to digi scrapbooking and have been playing around with it. Still learning.....

I am also learning the ropes on the whole "empty nest" thing. My youngest just joined the Army in October and let me tell you it's been rough. I decided it was time to find something fun for me to do and enjoy so not to stare at the walls. :) I live out in the country and my hubs travels all the time and gone 80-90% of the year with his job. (Works in Oil/Gas Refinery)

2. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome to the Lilypad! We have quite a few people who moved from paper to digi, me included. I made the switch in 2013, and I love it. We have some other military moms, or current/former military peeps hanging out here. I don't have experience with it, but I do have to say Thank you to your son and your family.

There are a lot of helpful people if you get stuck as you are learning. I know, I used them a lot when I was learning! I hope you share your pages with us in the gallery, I'd love to see your country home! Yeah for having Me Space!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  3. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

welcome, you have found us at a really busy time, because we are in the last quarter of the month of challenges mode. Jump right in, there is still fun to be had, and here if you need help just holler ,there is always someone that knows how to help. Enjoy

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  4. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Welcome! I switched from traditional scrapbooking to digi about 9 years ago & have never looked back. I love it! You'll love TLP.

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome - that's a lot of adjusting to have to make! So glad you are finding Me Time and converting a room so you can enjoy this hobby! You will love it here - awesome designers, awesome community of scrappers, awesome inspiration and we have the best boss. Let us know how we can help as you navigate the site and learning the "digi" ropes. :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  6. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Hi and welcome to the Lilypad. I never really got into the paper scrapbooking (I just couldn't cut into all those pretty papers), but I love digi scrapping, and I'm sure you will too (you get to use all your supplies as many times as you want!). Anyway, make yourself at home!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Hey Neighbor, I am west of ya in New Mexico!! and I applaud YOU for raising a boy into a man that will defend my country...I am proud to meet you!!!
    as to scrapping digitally, ASK questions BEFORe you get frustrated! This place here, the Lily Pad is very active!! There are people here ALL the time and we all were beginners!
    Again, WELCOME!

Sokee likes this.
  8. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

9. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

welcome welcome!!! I lived in Texas for over 20 years - can you hear my accent on here? lol

Welcome to the pad!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome!! You've come to the best place to get started. There are so many helpful wonderful people here. Make yourself at home and feel free to ask any questions!! We were all new to this at one time, too :) And it's a great place to just come and chat if you're feeling alone! I have 2 out of the house and one left. My oldest is Army Reserve.

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  11. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Welcome to the addictive world of digi-scrapping, you've found the perfect place to hang out. :stash

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  12. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

First of all, thank you to your son for his service!
    Secondly, welcome to TLP! I used to live in TX (Houston). So, howdy! :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  13. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello and Welcome to The Lilypad!!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  14. JillW

JillW I love lavend ... zzzzzz ...

Hello and welcome to the pad! I'm so glad that you will be joining us here! Hang around the forums and you're bound to make new friends and become 100% addicted to digi-scrapping!!! :-) Have fun!!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  15. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome to TLP!

I also switched paper to digi about 7 years ago! Never looked back! Shout out when you get frustrated... we are here to help! We've all been there, and this is a great community and resource!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  16. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love digi scrapping too, no mess and fuss. I also have older children and am dreading the empty nest thing. Ask questions, hang out here and buy shadow styles, One little Bird or Fiddle Dee Dee Designs.

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  17. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to the pad!! Anything we can help with, just give a holler. I used to live in Central Texas.. Loved it but moved to Va..So glad you are here!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  18. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Welcome to TLP!! We are glad to have you here. Just shout if you need help with anything! Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing your pages. :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Welcome! You found a great place to land, I hope you jump onto MOC and do what you can, because it's a great way to learn something new!

ProudArmyMom likes this.
  20. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Welcome to The Pad. So happy to have you here with us. :)

ProudArmyMom likes this.