Hello from central Texas :)

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by mocamom, Jun 30, 2017.

1. mocamom

mocamom Runs on coffee. And with scissors.

My name is Robin and I live in Austin, Texas. I have been married 25 years and have 4 kids (3 in college and a rising sixth grader). I've homeschooled all of them but now that I'm down to one, I am hoping I'll have more time to scrap. I've been posting a few pages in my gallery for just a month or so, but I recently found the Challenge Pad and the Learning Pad. I don't know why I haven't seen them before, but I'm super excited. I find challenges to be exactly what I need to learn new things and honestly to push me to scrap when I have mojo issues. I really like the way these challenges look and am excited to play. As much as I like the looks of the challenges, I'm blown away by all the topics in the Learning Pad!! Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom, skills, and experience!!!

MrsPeel, ForeverJoy, bestcee and 6 others like this.
  2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Welcome, Robin!! So glad you popped in to say hi! We're happy to have you here and so glad you are finding so much inspiration in the challenges and Learning Pad!! Jump right in and make yourself at home!

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Welcome! This is a great place to hang out and learn a LOT! Glad you're here.

4. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Yay...another Central Texan! Welcome, Robin! @mocamom We're about an hour apart. I go to Austin every month for my doctor appointment. I've been married 26 years and have 3 children. I homeschooled for 2 years when I was working from home, but we decided it just wasn't for us, so all of my children went to Catholic school instead.

Oldest DD graduated from college in December and is prepping for medical school. Second DD is a Junior at A&M, and my 13-year-old son is going into 8th grade. Hubby is an architect, and I'm an IT Administrator (though I was an insurance litigation negotiator/claims manager for over a decade).

I've been a Scrapbooker since 1997 and currently do hybrid (though all of TLP's awesome monthly challenges have had me doing strictly digital this year, but I'm dusting off my paper trimmer...lol).

We're so glad you found us. The Lilypad is the best home in Digiland. The designers, store owner (Laura @lmccandless), admins (Nancy @NancyBeck & Julie @mrs2a50), creative team (the fabulous Pollywogs) and community are like no other (IMHO :) ).

Glad you found the challenges and have jumped in. Can't wait to see your gallery creations! I would HIGHLY recommend checking out the various monthly subscriptions for sale in the shop. They are so amazing and an unbelievable value.

We're a family here, so if you have any questions about anything, please don't be shy. Everyone loves to help!

Whew... I think I covered just about everything. Welcome again, Robin!

NancyBeck likes this.
  5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Welcome! I had a quick peek at your gallery and I love your layouts! So glad you've decided to hang with us here. I agree that the learning pad is chock full of fabulousness!

6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Welcome Robin! I'm glad you've found the challenge and learning pads. Stop by the scrapping pad too for some forum games and a chance to win $3 to the store. The Lilypad Look a-likes game wraps up today and pad praise starts tomorrow. There's always something fun going on at the pad, so hop right in and enjoy!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Welcome, Robin! Glad you have found us, and that you are jumping in the challenges! I love to learn new tricks too, there are always so many ways to do things in Photoshop!

8. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Welcome to the Pad Robin and I agree with you about the challenges. They really spur me on too and help me learn new techniques. I will keep a look out for your new layouts.

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Welcome to the Pad, Robin! Are you doing your part to Keep Austin Weird? :) We lived in Houston for about 5 years and visited Austin when we could. Anyway, enjoy TLP. It's such a great place, and you've found the challenges and the learning Pads, so you're on your way!

londoncuppa likes this.
  10. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

Hello Robin and Welcome!!

11. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Hi Robin! Welcome to the Lilypad! I know you will have a blast here!
    *waves "Hi" from Down Under*

12. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Welcome Robin, everyone here is super nice and they love to help.

13. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Thanks for popping in to say Hi Robin so we can officially welcome you! Looking forward to seeing your challenge pages and glad you are enjoying the Learning Pad too - so many corners in this place LOL!

14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Welcome Robin - so glad you found us and are excited about our learning pad forum (don't forget to check out the TLP blog too ... lots of great tutorials and ideas to try to stretch your skills even further!). And the challenges ... yes! There are so many ... it is literally an endless source of inspiration around here to get you scrapping and your creative juices flowing! Happy to have you and looking forward to seeing your gallery fill up!

15. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

Welcome fellow Texan!!! We live in west Texas and love it.

16. Lena Gardner

Lena Gardner Designer

Welcome Robin! You've found the coolest little spot on the Internet and I hope you love it here as much as I do! Enjoy your scrapping time! <3

17. scrappydonna

scrappydonna Blah blah blah

Hello and welcome to The Pad, Robin!

18. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Hi Robin. Welcome to The Pad. :)

19. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Hi Robin. Glad you joined us! There is a lot of inspiration and information here for you!

20. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Welcome Robin!!!! I look forward to seeing your pages!!!