Have you seen any good movies lately? | Pad Patter 1.12.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jenevang, Jan 12, 2018.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

So... we don't really watch movies in the theater (or otherwise) except with the kids, but my DH told me last night there were about 5 movies in the theater he wants to see! Weird. And no :giggle (ain't got time for that)

Anyway, we saw CoCo last weekend with the kids and thoroughly enjoyed it! #imayhavecried #justalittle

And I want to see The Greatest Showman. DS wasn't impressed but he's a 16-year-old boy and only went b/c it was his girlfriend's choice. #younglove :)

My fam has seen the new Star Wars, but I can't with those. Seriously. I just can't.

My youngest son wants to see Ferdinand and my DD wants to see Wonder. Don't know if we'll make it to any of these, but curious about what you have seen lately... and if it was worth the time and money investment? (which is significant with our big family, hehe)

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We also saw Coco and LOVED it! We also saw Star Wars as a family and thought it was really good! We usually don't see movies in the theater unless it is a new animated Disney movie OR Star Wars. There is the occasional exception, but not often.

Not at the theater, but Santa brought Wonder Woman on blu-ray... I thought it was really good!

bestcee and keepscrappin like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nope, don't do movies in the theater.

Last movie I saw in a theater was "Backdraft". It came out in 1991. The last movie that even tempted me to go the the theater was "We Are Marshall" in 2006. I had a day off work right before Christmas and planned to go to the matinee screening. I ended up with a wicked bad sinus infection and didn't go. Ended up watching it on TV much later.

I'd much rather watch old movies on TV.

cfile and Neverland Scraps like this.
  4. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

Hubby and I went to Star Wars: The Last Jedi a day or so before Christmas. I'm not into Star Wars as much as he is, but I do enjoy them. I do love getting outta the house on a date with hubby and they are shows that both of us want to see. Plus he always buys the large buttered popcorn for me... YUM!

We also wanted to take the girls to Wonder, Coco, Jumanji and The Greatest Showman, but our water heater broke and flooded part of the basement, so we didn't get to go over the break. We'll probably end up watching some of those on Redbox later. I'll probably buy Coco, cuz I usually always buy the Disney movies for our home theater collection.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We usually wait for them to come out on DVD because it's so expensive to go to the theater and also because it's like herding cats trying to get the four of us with a free night at the same time. Lol.

I DID however go see Wonder in the theatre with my son's 6th grade class after they read the book and it was SO good. I love it and yes I may have gotten something in my eye a few times. It definitely pulls at the heartstrings a few times.

Santa also brought up Spiderman Homecoming and while I only sat down to watch it because my son asked me to, it was also really good and I would even watch it again. Who knew?

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh and I just looked and Black Panther comes out today.
    ETA: advance tickets - Black Panther doesn't come out until middle of Feb. darn!

We love those Avenger type shows, so maybe he'll want to go to that for date night if his flight doesn't get delayed coming in today with the storms hitting the northeast. We usually go to the matinee so it's cheaper, but sometimes we splurge and go on a Friday night.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

We typically don't go to the theater because we don't have the money for it, but my work "bonus" is two tickets to the movies. I didn't use ours from last year, so last month we saw Star Wars and The Greatest Showman. I loved The Greatest Showman! I think it's one of the best musicals that's been released in recent memory.

Neverland Scraps, bestcee and Karen like this.
  8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

On NYE we saw Jumanji. It was cute (although much different than the original).

The kids and I also saw Pitch Perfect 3. It was good...had some funny parts.

9. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We haven't gone to the theater in a long time- more because we've been so busy than any other reason. THIS weekend we are going to take the kids to see Paddington 2 because they LOVE paddington 1!

There are a number of movies we'd like to see- but between getting a sitter, finding the time (and $$) it just hasn't happened lately!

10. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

We saw Wonder recently... I do want to see Jumanji with the kids. I like PP, and saw PP2 at home, so I'll wait to watch PP3 at home again. Since DH gets all the free movie channels since he works for Verizon, we usually wait. We do like to see all the Avengers movies at the theater. We used to go a lot more, but lately less and less.

Oddly, my son has a movie party for a birthday later this month for Paddington. I don't think we've had one of those parties before.

11. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Sorry I'm no help. I have not been to the movies in..... the Spring? My hubby has never gone to the movies has no interested, so I always go with a girlfriend and seems like our schedules have not meshed... since she got a new job.
    We are lucky here that we can go Before noon and get in to see a movie for $5. AND every Tues is free popcorn day! OH Yah!

12. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I've recently seen Jumanji, Coco and Thor Ragnarok. All we're spectacular.

13. jk703

oh yeah... we saw Thor Ragnarok too! My kids have a field day trying to get me to say Ragnarok. It just doesn't come out of my mouth correctly.

Karen likes this.
  14. LynnG

LynnG Designer

DH, DD (15) and I went to the movies for the first time in ages while we were away on holiday (English speak: vacation). We saw "Downsizing" and really enjoyed it. We found it intriguing and enjoyable - then we came home and googled reviews (as you do now!) and were surprised that most people seemed to hate it. So maybe we are just wierd! (Or maybe it's just not the movie that Matt Damon fans were expecting). ;-)

jk703 likes this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Surprisingly, both of my girls (more surprised that my five year old wants to see this) want to see Wonder so I think we'll go on Monday since my ten year old has the day off of school. Other than the summer program at the movie theater, I can't remember what the last movie we saw in the theater was?? Anymore with how quickly they hit DVD we don't hit the theaters too often.

Neverland Scraps and jk703 like this.
  16. jk703

I was totally surprised my kids wanted to see it too! It wasn't their usual movie request. I wasn't even sure I wanted to see it or if I would be crying in the movie theater. They really liked it, and I'm glad they saw it... :)

bbymks5 likes this.
  17. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I have a feeling I'll cry! I have a soft spot for those who are bullied for things out of their control.

Sokee likes this.
  18. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

LOL. Paddington is actually on my DH list :rofl ... we were like... what?

Neverland Scraps and amien1 like this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Really, I think the US should adopt "on holiday". It sounds so much better than vacation!

Glad to hear that! I thought it looked fun, and want to see it. It may wait until dvd though. We'll see!

LynnG likes this.
  20. dailydwelling

dailydwelling Confidently cooking and creating

My husband is out seeing The Post right now. It looks good! He's more of a movie goer than I am.

Neverland Scraps likes this.