Has anyone designed CD/DVD lables?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, Sep 21, 2017.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I'm needing to print labels for a bunch of DVDs and I would like to do something fancy, rather than just plain, boring type. Has anyone done something fancy with their scrapping program? I use Artisan 5, if that helps. I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the bother.

Thanks!

2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Kind of related but not, I did a couple of albums with old CD's way long ago: https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/cd-album.3873/ Basically just created a big circle the correct size of the CDs in photoshop (or actually it might have been Microsoft Digital Image Pro then) and scrapped within the circle. I think it would be fairly easy to scrap around the middle hole and cut that out manually since you actually want to use the DVDs

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yes! My low tech approach, before i had a printer with an option for printing directly onto the white DVD face (can you do that on yours Jan? there's like an insert bit that goes in the tray of some Canon ones and a particular option box to check/tick in the Printer Options dialogue box) was to measure the diameter (it's 12cm whatever that converts to) and make a square of 12cm x 12cm in photoshop and just lay a basic photo of flowers or something like a polka dot pp that didnt have hugely important edges over it (like a clipping mask) and just type Name/Date details in a single line in the top third (or bottom third). I printed it on big A4 (like letter size) sticker paper and just traced and cut around the DVD to fit. Hope that helps!

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    QuiltyMom and bbymks5 like this.
  4. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I would do it the same way that @mrs2a50 did her labels.

AVERY makes sticky labels specifically for discs that even come with a template.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Thanks! I started nosing around the Avery website and I found they also has a gadzillion pre-designed label templates on their site where you can add things like photos and the like.

And on top of that, one lovely scrapper on an Artisan Facebook page had actually made a .page file of the templates that Avery provides on their website and she shared them with me! Woot!

Thanks, everyone, for your ideas!!

bbymks5 and mrs2a50 like this.
  6. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Oh WOW!! That's even better to have a .page file ready for action!! Will you share your finished design here, I'd love to you see what you come up with!