Happy Fall, Y'all ?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Juliestcyr, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Happy Autumnal Equinox everybody!

Here in the Great North, it's supposed to be Fall. And, there is starting to be some colour on the trees. But, it's 30 degrees (86 farenheit) outside. We had a cool, rainy summer, and it's like Mother Nature is making up for it with this crazy warm weather. But, I just kinda want it to be sweater weather, you know?

norton94 and bbymks5 like this.
  2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

My Favorite season is fall! I live in the Michigan and I am so ready for sweater weather but yesterday it was 90 degrees out! Not happy! Give me cool weather and let us head out to the cider mills to have cider and get warm doughnuts!

Tree City and Juliestcyr like this.
  3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I'm happy to report that we are experiencing our two days of fall today (74 degrees) and tomorrow (78 degrees). LOL! Then, it's back to the 90's.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm so irritated that it's going to be 90 degrees until next Wednesday. Where was this weather in July?! It is almost October, Mother Nature! It's too late!

Juliestcyr likes this.
  5. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

It's still very warm here in Kansas too, but it's coming.....I can feel it in my bones! I will definitely be in my element!

Juliestcyr likes this.
  6. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I woke up to sunny skies- but FROST(!!!) on the neighbors roofs & in the shady grass! Ready or not... Fall is here in the Pacific Northwest! Also- I just turned our furnace to "heat" instead of "cool"- the kids were complaining it was too cold in here so I checked the thermostat & it said 63* yesterday in the afternoon! lol! Whoopsie! [​IMG]

Juliestcyr likes this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

It feels like fall here. Temps have been around 65-70ish and I'm enjoying wearing my sweaters and scarves this week. I hate the rainy part of fall but when the sun comes out it is the best time of the year IMO.

amien1 and Juliestcyr like this.
  8. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Fall is my absolute favorite season!!!! I can't think of anything I don't like about it (with the exception of the temps where I live)! Sunday we're taking a trip to Flag and the high is supposed to 59 so I'll get to wear one of my new to me sweaters WHOO HOO!!

Today is supposed to be 88 today which is a nice break for us! Because curiosity killed the cat, I looked at the 12 week forecast in the weather app I use and we won't see 70's (still upper 70's) until 11/5 and one week in the mid-high 60's the week of 11/19 and then back up to mid-high 70's for the following week LOL

Juliestcyr likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Hovering right around 80 here in NY with 88 for the weekend ... I just want to turn off my AC already!

Juliestcyr likes this.
  10. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

I'm ready for the pretty colors. The last couple days turned back into summer temperatures though here in Indiana.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Here in Virginia we had some days earlier this month that felt like Fall, but this week summer is back. I've been so busy I have barely noticed though. I hope I get to stay home Sunday and scrap. :)

Juliestcyr likes this.
  13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We've been close to 90 during the day for the last few days and I LOVE it!! The nights are cool and perfect for sleeping. The colors are pretty, but I do not like seeing them falling in to my yard. We end up with our whole 1/2 acre close to knee deep in places. Toooo much work haha. I'm a summer girl and the thought of it getting colder makes me sad. I'm not a fan of layering and bundling and not being able to spend the day outside. I guess I'll get started on my countdown to spring LOL.

Juliestcyr likes this.
  14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

A few weeks ago it was nice and cool and really chilly at night which is awesome for sleeping with the windows open. Then it got HOT again and we've had to AC on for over a week again. So weird. It was 88-92°F here all weekend and I felt so bad for my boys having to play soccer out in that heat! (especially since I was inside in AC scrapping with a friend all weekend) :giggle

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

It was 91 yesterday in Annapolis when I went for groceries at 6pm. Boo hiss...

16. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

Hot and humid here Wisconsin, but the leaves are started to change color and it's suppose to get back to our norm temp wise mid-week! Eeeeeps! I so luv Fall and can't wait to rake up leaves and play in them! :stash

17. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

Oh goodness. Sounds like The Warm has invaded everywhere. Autumn is my most favorite season. And once upon a time I lived where Autumn lived, but now...not so much. We never really get to experience a "proper" Autumn, so I usually live vicariously through others or pretend its Autumn with decor and fall scents and autumnal eats and such. Here's to cold fronts for everyone!

18. Danyale

Danyale Always one step behind Waldo

I am so ready for fall!!! :yippee

We haven't found a house yet here in Sicily, but all my Fall Winter clothes are patiently waiting for me in our household goods pack when we do, LOL!!!

Tree City likes this.
  19. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

My kids are enjoying this crazy weather cuz it means they get to play outside after school. That makes me happy cuz they're out of my hair lol but I'm ready for temps under 60°F... I'm sick of shaving! :giggle

Today is supposed to be 85 and sunny. It's already humid out, so I can't even open the windows to enjoy the current "low" temp of 70°.

20. KittyY

KittyY Who is Dol-say and Gab-anna?

This is my favorite time of the year!! leaves, smores, beautiful weather....and yoga pants lol