HALF Crazy

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by klee73010, Jun 2, 2016.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

Hi, my name is Kristina, and I think I'm a runner addict.

I've just decided on two races I will be registering for - a new years eve (last of 2016, first of 2017) combo, equalling a 10K distance, and a half marathon in Feb of next year.

Surreal to me that as a runner, you have almost a year planned out in advance. I know that for almost every weekend from now till next year, I'll be running at least one day, as opposed to concentrating to M/W/F before work or during a lunch break. Hmm...

2. y_baros

y_baros missing sock mystery has been solved

Good for you! Runners are a special breed, I think :) I ran cross country in middle school and quickly realized it wasn't for me lol I wish you well in your races!!

klee73010 likes this.
  3. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Well, you go girlfriend!! And we will all be rooting for you!! Keep us up to date on your progress.

klee73010 likes this.
  4. ~Mary

~Mary Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth

Hubby is a runner. He absolutely loves it and gets cranky if he can't run for some reason. I prefer to walk but have decided that at age 50 I want to learn to run at least a 5K. We're working me up to it. My brother also runs and he does plan his races out a year in advance and travels all over the country to do them. It's his thing. Hubby is army so can't plan that far ahead but he runs every race up to a half marathon whenever he knows he'll be able to be there. He just had to cancel a half marathon for work reasons and he's grumpy about it. He's never run a full marathon but he used to run 20 miles at a time for fun so he could if he really wanted to.

klee73010 likes this.
  5. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

You go girl.

klee73010 likes this.
  6. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I suspect that all of that advance planning is great for keeping you on track though. I'm impressed that you still have time to scrap!

klee73010 likes this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

:giggle me too! I am probably going to let go of some creative teams though, while I focus on this. No point in stressing myself out over anything extra while trying to run the stress away. :)

NancyBeck likes this.
  8. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Keep it up, Kristina! Hoping all goes well! Keep yourself happy!

klee73010 likes this.
  9. Teri

Teri You bought a used lion?

Your New Year's 10k sounds fun.
    I am looking for a fun 1/2 to run. I try to run one within a year of having a baby, so I have about 9 more months to get it done ;) Thanks for reminding me to get looking for a race and planning for it.

klee73010 likes this.