GTKY MOC6 Edition

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Sweeet

Sweeet Active Member

1. How long have you been scrapping?
    Since my son was 6 years old; he's now 19 going on 20

2. When did you join TLP?
    2009 and you'd think I'd have more comments DOH!

3. What's your scrapbooking style?
    I'm a cluster-fooled queen, maybe eclectic and slightly traditional...nah...anyhow , I like to try different things as well.

4. Last book you read?
    When I was 9 years old called Black Penny LOL...ummm yeh, I'm bad!

5. Last movie/tv show you watched?
    The Mountain Between Us

6. SIX words to describe yourself
    Work-a-holic, Omnivert, Passionate, Impatient, Empathetic & a Clown

Tangie Baxter and lmccandless like this.
  2. zenjen

zenjen PIkes Peak Paradise

How fun!

Paper scrapping since 2000ish and digital since 2006ish
    Simple, minimalistic
    4. Last book you read?
    Big Little Lies, Liane Moriarty
    Stranger Things
    Creative
    Kind Hearted
    Yogi
    Fitness Enthusiast
    Busy
    Extrovert

3. Toucanettes

Toucanettes Active Member

I'm TJ:
    About 10 years on and off.
    A few days ago.
    I don't know.
    4. Last book you read?
    "They do it with mirrors" by Agatha Christie
    Pitch Perfect
    Happy, Fun, Sensitive, Adventurous, Sporty, Responsible

4. Toucanettes

Toucanettes Active Member

I'm Joy
    I am a beginner
    A few days ago

4. Last book you read?
    star scape - stories of stage and screen. Hamlyn
    Zootropolis
    Feisty, Chatterbox, Friendly, adventurous, happy, funny

lmccandless and Sokee like this.
  5. crazsquaw

crazsquaw I can totally make that...

1. How long have you been scrapping? I was a traditional scrapper and card maker starting in the late '80s, then went digi-crazy in 2008
    2. When did you join TLP? Wow...back in 2010!
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? I usually just go with what moves me- I love layers, flowers but once in a while I also love white pages
    4. Last book you read? Does 'Guess How Much I Love You' count? :)
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Just finished the 2nd season of the Magicians; LOVE Hawaii Five-0 and Big Bang Theory
    6. SIX words to describe yourself: Grama, Crafty, Funny, Compassionate, Friend,Craft-Hoarder and Broke (LOL, thanks digi-scrapping!)

6. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

1. How long have you been scrapping? I've been scrapping since 2009ish. I was making siggies for Babycenter and never even knew I could use those kits to digital scrapbook. :blush
    2. When did you join TLP? According to my profile, 2012. I lurked for a while though.
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Ummmm...probably more traditional but I do like to simplify, too.
    4. Last book you read? Yours by Jasinda Wilder
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Friends
    6. SIX words to describe yourself blessed, loyal, caring, fun, sarcastic, funny

7. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

We have such interesting people here with such varied backgrounds.

1. How long have you been scrapping? Since around 2005 and I still remember the first night sitting up to do a layout and being absolutely thrilled with the process. Scrapping still excites me.
    2. When did you join TLP? According to my profile, 2010 but have only become active in the last few years.
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Photo-centric. Photos are the base for all my pages.
    4. Last book you read? Finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty yesterday. Thoroughly recommended. A fantastic book and set in Australia too!
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? I binge watched Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth one day last week.
    6. SIX words to describe yourself Strong, Caring, Loyal, Adventurous, Thinker, Philomath

8. Erin Taylor

Erin Taylor Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping? I've always been a bit of a scrapbooker. I started digital scrapping in the summer of 2015.

2. When did you join TLP? June 2017 when I became a guest layout artist for Just Jaimee.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? I focus mostly on papers, not so much in clusters. I like things a bit artsy and sometimes cluttered and sometimes clean lines. It just depends!

4. Last book you read? Audiobook: Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige. Actual book, Every Hidden Thing by Kenneth Oppel (which is really good!) I read and audiobook "read" a lot!

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Puppy Dog Pals on Disney Junior (which is currently on now! ha!)

6. SIX words to describe yourself: Artist, Teacher, Scrapbooker, Mommy, Naturally-Minded, Home-body

9. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

Since High School--started digital early 2007

My avatar says 2011 ;) but I joined as a designer in late 2016, took a year off and now 2018 is my year to make The Lilypad home.

I honestly don't scrapbook anymore (EEEE WHAT?) I art journal. a. lot. though.
    I'm sure I'll get back to it someday, but pictures aren't my thing.

4. Last book you read?
    Oh boy, I am usually reading/listening to several at a time!
    The last one I finished was The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu & Carlton Abrams

The Greatest Showman (Twice at the theater so far..., have to vote with my dollars for more FAMILY films, especially musicals) and I'm totally obsessed. Oh my goodness, the artistry in it is incredible and on top of that such AMAZING life lessons.

passionate, artist, disciple, knowledge-seeker, Innovator, forgiving

(if I hyphenate one does that still count as 1 word ;)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    Amson, bestcee and lmccandless like this.
  10. Tangie Baxter

Tangie Baxter She will be our squishy + we will call her Tangie

Ooooh I've never heard this before! I can teach in front of 200 students easy peasy but please don't make me go somewhere where I have to make small talk, I prefer to be at home with my books and art supplies.

Sweeet, lvancura and Amson like this.
  11. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I started paper scrapping in 2001 and switched to digital in 2008, although I still do the occasional mini paper album.

I joined in January 2016 when I became part of Lynn's CT. Sadly I almost knew nothing about TLP prior to that, but can't believe how much I enjoy belonging to this community!

Mmmm. Eclectic/artsy? Seriously, I never know how to describe my style!
    4. Last book you read?
    Baltimore Blues by Laura Lippman
    Movie - Went to see The Darkest Hour last week and highly recommend it! TV Show - Victoria
    Introverted, Honest, Temperamental, Creative, Sensitive, Adventurous

Tangie Baxter likes this.
  12. plumdumpling

plumdumpling CT - Krista Sahlin

1. How long have you been scrapping? Probably since high school! I can't remember. Digitally since 2007.

2. When did you join TLP? A long time ago, but this is really my first try in getting more involved.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? I do pocket pages mostly now. I love the simplicity that focuses on the photos and the stories.

4. Last book you read? Wolf by Wolf & Blood by Blood (2 book series) by Ryan Graudin.

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? TV: We just started watching Frasier again. Movie: The Last Jedi

6. SIX words to describe yourself quilter, organized, happy, busy, mother, laugher

13. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I started my senior year of high school - in 2002/2003. this year is 16 years.

I joined TLP right before iNSD in 2015 - i've been more quiet than talkative for the past several months though.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? messy - but still telling the story

4. Last book you read? I am currently listening to "The Bourne Ultimatum" by Robert Ludlum (audio book), and it will be my 3rd completed book already in 2018. The first two were "Crown of Midnight" by Sarah J Maas, and "The Bourne Supremacy"... next up is "Heir of Fire". :)

um... I don't know. Thor 2 in November - i had to look up my husband's facebook check in. :giggle

um...
    crafty, list-maker, overthinker, cluttered, procrastinator, dreamer

14. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

it is now 2 am of Sunday here, and I laughed so SO loud with this..... Sarita woke up and my neighbors probably think I went completely insane (more than what they already think we are )

So I thought, as I have been around the gallery, I come be part of the whole fun!!! I haqven't read all the answers as I concentrate better in day light, but will be back tomorrow, now as we have lots of new people, here are mine :)
    a bit over 10 years properly, but I kept diaries since I was 12, and the diaries would have stapled photos, then bus tickets, concert tickets, napkins from restaurants we went to eat, in a way, those were scrapbooks, but started digital in the end of 2006 at a site with a program called Scrapblog.
    February 2013, when Paula came as guest designer and I was in her team, I had been without a scrap home for almost 3 years, tried every place and there was no "home" or "family" feeling. I stayed because @mirjam (pink Reptile Designs) had just started selling here, and every day I grew to love this place more and more.....!!!!!!!!!!! feel blessed to be part of this family!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub
    I'm not sure I have one at the moment. I started wanting to have the look of the paper pages, then fell in love wth art journaling with @Tangie Baxter in 2011 when I did the Art Journal Caravan (and we have here now!!!!!) I love filling the page but I learned to admire and love the more elegant, clean look, and with MOC 4 fell in love with Pocket Pages!!!!! so, all and everything!!!!!!
    4. Last book you read?
    Without The Moon by Cathy Unsworth (haven't finished yet, got a few pages left- got neurological problems that make my reading terribly slow!!!)
    movie The Jane Austen Book Club- and Watching Victoria Season 2
    this is really difficult to me....but at the moment, but lets try:
    extrovert- blessed - obsessive- hoarder- creative - hard working- (at least I used to be!)

15. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I started with paper scrapping in the early 200's I believe and started with digi in 2008 making incredimail backgrounds.

May 2012 but I lurked for a looong time, got involved here and then took a big break from scrapping. Have visited but am back for MOC6 and hope to hang around afterward again.

Not sure I have one particular style, I kind of do most. I do tend to scrap either one photo or do a pocket page.

4. Last book you read?
    Am presently reading The Last Tudor, last book finished was The Girl in the Garden

Just finished watching my Habs lose to the Bruins in a shootout :(

procrastinator, loyal, stubborn, caring, loner, moody

16. melaniedesigns

melaniedesigns CT - Krista Sahlin

i think about 14 years now
    october 5 2010
    Oooh man i would have said pocket scrapbooking but with moh i found out at the moment i love clean and simple but i also scrap a lot traditionale so let's say my style is mixe it up !
    4. Last book you read?
    Nora roberts , the glass island
    Reign but i love almost everything on netflix lol
    Postcrosser , sassy , insecure , creative , friendly , scrapper

17. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I believe it was 2006 when I made my first "siggy" for an online Due Date and NFP forum I went to. I forgot her designing name now, but I was a friend of Dawn Scott and she gave me some elements she had made. She also made a first year baby book for me. I was at 2Peas in a Pod, and then Digishoptalk, where I ran a scraplift blog called "Lifts with a Twist".

April 2016 this time - but I had joined when it first opened and somehow my account got lost.

Just a little bit of everything. I love clean and graphic but I do too many elements for it, but I also like piley goodness, but I don't do enough.

4. Last book you read?
    "Only Love Today" by Rachel Stafford

We are binge watching "Bones" and are in the 11th of 12 seasons.

6. SIX words to describe yourself:
    Hmmmmmm.

Faithful, quirky, vintage, old fashioned, flighty, determined.

18. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Oh wow ... '08 or '09? Right around ten years.

According to my page, 2013

Uh. depends on the mood, I think, or what I'm doing. But in most things I tend to skew toward dark and magpie.

4. Last book you read?

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman

Last tv show was American Gods. Last movie was Tangled.

creatively wired, hopeful, determined, eclectic, goober

19. merank

merank Working my way through scrumdiddlyumptious bars

I'm finally getting around to answering these...

When I was younger, I always kept photo albums of vacations/trips with extra stuff like brochures, post cards, foreign coins, etc. I started digi-scrapping in 2008 but I didn't start printing any of my pages until 2009.

According to my profile, I joined in October 2010 but my first gallery post is from January 2016. I guess I was a long time lurker/shopper, lol.

I think it sort of varies a bit from page to page. But I guess I lean more towards clean and/or traditional styles.

4. Last book you read?
    The last book I finished was Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton. I'm currently reading Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham but I'm not getting very far considering it's MOC time!

Last movie in the theater was Wonder Women. I don’t get to the movie theater much. Last movie on TV was Twister, which I've seen like 20 times. It was background noise while I scrapped a few nights ago. Last TV show I watched was The Magicians on DVR last night (again while I scrapped).

Optimistic, honest, patient, nice, crafty, homebody

20. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

I was introduce to paper scrapping in 2006. I loved it very much and wanted to get better at it. So, I purchased scrapbooking magazines. In those, I saw beautiful scrapbook pages that were digital....but it wasn't until approximately 2008 that I began making digital pages.

In 2012. Designers like Paislee Press and Sahlin Studio drew me in. During that period of time, I was making a lot fantasy style layouts...but I wanted expand into other styles. I loved the clean and simple look available in kits sold at The Lily Pad.

In 2016 I gravitated towards an arty style that used lots of brushes/paints or papers clipped to masks. Most pages were made in 8.5" x 11" and had 1 photo and small clusters of 3-6 elements. My pages tended to have a linear flow. And, I wanted my pages to look mixed-media. Lynn Grieveson kits are my favorites to make that style of page.

Typical of me, I like to evolve and attempt to master new styles. I am very thankful to be a part of Sabrina's Creations CT as I am trying to make more clean and simple pages. Honestly, though, arty pages are very intuitive for me...thus easier to make than any other style.

4. Last book you read?
    Immortalist by Chloe Benjamin.

I feel asleep to the 1st Harry Potter movie last night. lol Last movie I made it though was Alice Through the Looking Glass.

6. SIX words to describe yourself.
    :headscratch Coffee drinking, nature loving, intuitive, digi-scrapper.