GTKY MOC6 Edition

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by lmccandless, Jan 3, 2018.

1. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

1. How long have you been (digitally) scrapping?
    a really really really long time -- 15 years in February

2. When did you join TLP?
    when it opened its doors

3. What's your scrapbooking style?
    minimal papers, a big cluster of pretties around my photo, lots of paints & splatters & glitter in the background, lots of words

4. Last book you read?
    I am currently halfway through Brene Brown's 'Rising Strong.' Life-changing.

5. Last movie/tv show you watched?
    I bingewatched all of the first (and only) season (so far) of 'Kevin (Probably) Saves the World' a couple of weeks ago. I would watch Jason Ritter lick paint off a wall but the show is actually good, too.

6. SIX words to describe yourself:
    creative, sensitive, weird, insecure, thoughtful, organized

2. EHStudios

EHStudios I am more clever than I think

1. How long have you been scrapping?
    Started in 1999 when my twin cousins were born, I was 13. Digi I started in May of 2009.

2010 but was a big lurker, didn't officially start participating until a year or so later & didn't get more involved until MOCs began. Mostly a shopper, lol!

Everything? But Minimal comes the easiest. ADD of scrapbooking styles! Whatever mood I'm in!

4. Last book you read?
    Reading "Everything You Came To See" right now which a friend wrote & officially got published. It's good so far!

The fiance & I are binging tons of shows since moving in together, lol!! Our fav was "The Great British Baking Show" or something like that.

6. SIX words to describe yourself
    Reserved, Mothering, Self-Conscious, Creative, Sensitive, Weird

3. dawninskip

dawninskip Well-Known Member

Fun fun fun

Started paper scrapping in 2003, digi scrapped from approx 2006
    Dec 2009
    Currently traditional/artsy(ish)
    4. Last book you read?
    I honestly can't remember, it's been years ago, pre-Laura's dinosaur roaming thing =)
    The TV is on ALL the time. Binge watched all Harry Potter films over holidays, getting ready for new series of 'Vera' this weekend
    Honest, misunderstood, creative, loyal, stubborn, organised (lists for everything)

4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh me too!! I was a consultant for 10+ years. Just got PSE for Christmas so starting to make the switch...

lmccandless and kimingvtx like this.
  5. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

:compcoffee

6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

1. How long have you been scrapping? I started making magnetic albums with words cut out from newspapers and magazines in college (early 1980s). I started paper scrapping in 2000 (hence the 20 yr back-log of printed pictures waiting to be scrapped some day). I started digital in 2008 and went to only digital in 2013. Yes, I was a Creative Memories consultant/groupie until the whole bankruptcy thing. I own all the paper supplies to do that backlog some day.

2. When did you join TLP? The day after Christmas, 2 years ago. I followed Cheryl of FDD here from Scrap Orchard. I didn't do MOC that first year as it scared me!!

Traditional with artsy content. Really anything but pocket (too structured for me - unless it is Lynn's Messy Pockets series).

4. Last book you read? I love reading but quit for many years until this fall when I picked up a book. I love reading "classics" or required reading for Literature class books (yes, I read War and Peace for the fun of it). The last one I read was "Their Eyes Were Watching God".

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? New Star Wars movie with the family. I don't watch TV or movies on a regular basis.

6. SIX words to describe yourself loyal, faithful, quirky, fun, mom

7. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I've been paper/album scrapping since elementary school. I was a Creative Memories Consultant for 15 years, and it was during that time I was introduced to digi-scrapping through StoryBook Creator, now Artisan.

It's a good thing it's posted on our profile, or else I wouldn't have remembered! February 2012.

Eclectic. It all depends upon the type of project I'm doing. I'm more of a traditional type of scrapper, but I also love to do pocket scrapping and I'm just starting to get into art journaling a bit.

4. Last book you read?
    The City Baker's Guide to Country Living by Louise Miller.

The Greatest Showman (in the theater) and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (on TV).

Ack. I always hate answering these type of things.
    1. Disney nerd
    2. Craftsy
    3. Skate mom
    4. Chocoholic
    5. Sewist
    6. Anti-athletic

8. lcpereyra

lcpereyra You won't believe my blue streak!

One form or another since middle school. I refuse to acknowledge how long ago that was! ;) Tradtional paper scrapping since 2000 and digi since 2013'ish.

May 3, 2013

Simple!

4. Last book you read?
    Floret Farm's Cut Flower Garden as I'm dreaming about summer blooms right now. :)

Movie - I don't really watch movies (too short attention span; I'm an oddball, I know). TV - Ellen's night time game show with my kids, forget what it is called.

Sarcastic. Realist. Dreamer-wannabe. Sentimental. Granola'ish. Tired. :)

9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

1. How long have you been scrapping? since I was a kid.. I have one in the old books with the string tie.. My mother got me doing that.. digitally was 1998 when I stumbled on Paint Shop Pro and Photo Impact.
    2. When did you join TLP? I joined TLP in 2011. Wow can't believe it is this long already!!
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Mixed.. I fluctuate... I like AJ then I like Clean and simple.. I go back and forth!
    4. Last book you read? In process of reading the Tom Hanks book "Uncommon Type"
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Harry Potter (all of them) during the weekend marathons. Today, News/Weather watching the snow reports. Last night before going to sleep was the Big Bang Theory.
    6. SIX words to describe yourself loyal, dependable, creative, caring, analytical, fun

10. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

1. How long have you been scrapping? Started digital scrapping after I retired and my DD and DG moved away in 2005. I didn't want her to forget the time with us.
    2. When did you join TLP? In 2011, I was writing articles for the Digital Scrapbook Artisan Guild magazine using products from the TLP.
    3. What's your scrapbooking style? Anything. I am a true Gemini and love all styles from simple with white space to grungy art journal. I love the challenge of new techniques so am always looking for something new to try.
    4. Last book you read? on Kindle, "Kissed A Sad Goodbye" by Deborah Crombie
    5. Last movie/tv show you watched? NCIS and hockey last night, all versions of A Christmas Carol over the holiday.
    6. SIX words to describe yourself - volunteer, generous, mothering, curious, old, pragmatist

11. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping? About 12 - 14 years. Officially, I started traditional (paper) scrapbooking in 2003 and digital scrapbooking in 2005.

2. When did you join TLP? 2013. I was looking for a supportive digital scrapbooking forum to supplement my favorite mostly-paper scrapbooking forum. I didn't want to leave the other community, but I was looking for more digital support and inspiration.

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Photo centered. The main thing is getting the photos on the page, in a pleasing grouping, with an explanation of what the photos are supposed to be. Everything else is just to make it pretty.

4. Last book you read? I'm currently in the middle of six books, but the most recent that I opened was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling, the audiobook that the kids and I listen to together in the car. The last one I actively read was The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley and the one I last completed was Victory Cove by Maureen Miller.

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Last night I fell asleep while watching Bull, although I usually watch an episode of Big Bang Theory before I fall asleep and another one (or the same one, if I didn't make it to the end before drifting off) in the morning while getting ready. (I didn't have time for any TV this morning; I decided to pay bills instead.)

6. SIX words to describe yourself frivolous, methodical, haphazard, conscientious, maker, aesthetic

12. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Fun!

Probably close to 25 years. Crazy. Started with paper, shifted to digi maybe 20 years ago?

When did it open? :) I've been at TLP since the beginning, before we even had public forums or a gallery

Clean and simple, although I do enjoy playing messy every once in a while

4. Last book you read?
    Alternate Side from Anna Quindlen

Watched American Made last night. It was decent, not spectacular

Yikes. Um, Organized (although not feeling that way right now); Principled; Loyal; Uncomplicated (sounds better than simple); Stubborn (does that negate the uncomplicated?); Realist

13. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Oh yeah. I kind of forgot about sarcastic ... :)

bbymks5 and lmccandless like this.
  14. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

1. How long have you been scrapping ?
    I scrap since summer 2012

2. When did you join TLP ?
    I join TLP in summer 2013

3. What's your scrapbooking style ?
    I've tried sereval styles. first, I used lots of leaves anf big flowers ; but my pages were not good because the shadows were not good. since, I've tried C&S, art journaling, pocket... and today I love my free style mixing C&S with paint and brushes and a bit of art journaling and pocket pages to document my memories

4. Last book you read?
    I think it was a child book with my son about lion or tiger.

2 days ago at the TV there were Sherlock Holes.

french, discret, honest, serious, scrap addict, memory keeper

15. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

1). HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN SCRAPPING?
    I started paper scrapping in 1997 after I was invited to a Creative Memories party by a co-worker, so it will be 21 years this year. Yikes!

I was immediately hooked, and it didn’t take me long to realize CM was too limiting in their product line, so I began my search for any & everything I could add to a layout wherever I could find items, and I haven’t stopped (yes, I still have those decorative scissors from the 90’s).

I’m a hybrid scrapper and will never give up paper. I crave the tactile aspect of it, and there’s something in being able to touch “real” things that digital can't provide. HOWEVER, digital offers soooo many creative opportunities that paper can never provide either.

That’s why I’m a hybrid scrapperevangelist. There are these 2 equally fantastic worlds that I love, so I keep one foot firmly planted in each. Why limit myself?

2).
    WHEN DID YOU JOIN TLP?
    I became interested in learning Photoshop & started buying digital products in March 2013 from another store after I discovered The Digi Show. Peppermint kept referring to “The-Dash-Lilypad” so often, that I finally gave The Pad a look. I started heavily buying product from TLP in early 2014 and signed up for the forum in November 2014. However, I was strictly a lurker for over 2 years.

I’m an “all or nothing” person, so until I felt I could contribute to the community, I didn’t post and become active until the last MOC. After that, I was completely hooked and could kick myself in the rearend for waiting so long (darn crippling perfectionism!!!).

I love Laura, Julie, all the fabulous Pollys, the incredibly-talented designers, and the members of this community more than I can say. My Guest Polly stint this summer was truly the highlight of what was an otherwise terrible year for me, and I’m forever grateful for it!

3).
    WHAT’S YOUR SCRAPBOOKING STYLE?
    Eclectic and textured. I love having unexpected elements on a page; especially with hybrid. Clean & simple is not my natural inclination, but I’ve been working on trying to cultivate that style. If it’s a hybrid page, I break out my sewing machine often.

I LOVE to print digital papers and use either my Sizzix with dies and/or my Silhouette with cut files. Using digital templates as cut files for papers is also something I like to do.

I’ve recently purchased a lot of texture paste, gelatos, gesso, ink sprays, etc., and I’m looking forward to working with these with my digital files on my hybrid pages after MOC is over.

4). LAST BOOK YOU READ?

The TLP Book Club selected Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine as January’s selection. I read it and the sequel, Killman Creek. Both are very good! If you haven’t joined The Pad’s Book Club, I highly recommend it.

Karen @Karen does an excellent job of organizing it, and the books for the next few months are posted, so you can order them from your library now if you need to. I’ve started reading the Trouble in Mudbug series by Jana DeLeon while waiting for February’s TLP selection to start. I’m on Book 2 in this series.

5). LAST MOVIE/TV SHOW YOU WATCHED?

Even though I’m in Texas, I watch a lot of UK tv (I subscribe to a few UK services), so I’ve watched Gogglebox UK & Ireland, QI, Countdown, Poirot re-run, etc.

I also love American police procedures, so this week I’ve watched Lucifer, Major Crimes, and Law & Order. I started to watch American Graffiti (I’ve never seen it), but I fell asleep after about 30 minutes.

6). SIX WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOURSELF

Empathetic, Type A/Perfectionist, Analytical, Sarcastic, Hoarder, Unapologetic Christian (which pretty much says all you need to know about me) :D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  16. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Completely cracked me up, Chippi!

Karen and Chippi like this.
  17. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

1. How long have you been scrapping? since 2000- 2001

2. When did you join TLP? says 2013 for forum - but i shopped and lurked before that!

3. What's your scrapbooking style? white background, neat and tidy but with a decent amount of elements - also love grid designs

4. Last book you read? just finished two last night Forks over Knives (read for 2x time), and Mindfulness

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? caught 1/2 an episode of Modern Family with my girl last night before going to bed

6. SIX words to describe yourself smart, creative, over achiever, introvert and caring

18. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

1. How long have you been scrapping? Since March 2017- completely inspired by Project Mouse! I did paper scrap WAAAY back in the day and made about a dozen paper pages five years ago when I tried to (unsuccessfully) pick it back up

2. When did you join TLP? March 2017

3. What's your scrapbooking style? Clean and minimal

4. Last book you read? Serafina and the Splintered Heart (with my daughter)

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Chopped

6. SIX words to describe yourself- blessed, worrier, dreamer, creative, impatient, introvert

lmccandless, bbymks5 and KarenB like this.
  19. KarenB

KarenB I like dogs. And maybe three people.

Paper scrapping since 2001 (got 'dragged along' to a Creative Memories party by a friend) and digital since 2009 :)

2. When did you join TLP

Clean & Simple, but with a dash of paint here and there. I also love to create an Art Journal type page when the mood takes me!

4. Last book you read?

Good me, Bad Me by Ali Land.

Jumanji - at the cinema with my family on Boxing Day.

Funny, loyal, realist, friendly, over-thinker, grateful

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

1. How long have you been scrapping? since 2008, 10 years and only ever digital. NEVER paper!

2. When did you join TLP? I may have joined here in 2012 but I only started posting layoutsin Feb 2016 anticipating MOC 5 - I started posting because of One Little Bird and Paislee Press

3. What's your scrapbooking style? whatever has the smallest number of elements though I want a good story with the pics

4. Last book you read? Winter Stroll (a 1 day chick lit) and Nightmare in Berlin (one written in just-post WWII Berlin by a German)

5. Last movie/tv show you watched? Netflix "No 2nd Chance" a French crime mystery series - Gorgeous views of Paris amidst the blood; haven't watched a movie for a while cause I can't commit to 2 hrs each night

6. SIX words to describe yourself Extrovert!, wordy, determined, compassionate, cosmopolitan, grandmother